You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread
Started by JJMrK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I agree. I wonder what factors go into finally deciding to send out decisions...?I'm starting to feel like they're not gonna give out decisions today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
I don't expect Cornell to release its decisions before Wednesday (same for Penn - actually, it's more like Friday for Penn), so I'm calm, I'm calm, I'm absolutely calm... I'M CALM I SAID!!! 😀I'm starting to feel like they're not gonna give out decisions today
x1000!ugh penn and cornell keep playing with my emotions
I'm starting to feel like they're not gonna give out decisions today
I agree. I wonder what factors go into finally deciding to send out decisions...?
Yea, it seems like they usually send them out around 9am (eastern, I think?)...Well, here's to another day, everyone! Hoping we'll get some good news tomorrow. 🙂
Wow, I had the most difficult time staying asleep last night. I kept having dreams about reading the decision email from Cornell and not being able to understand what the actual decision was because they were being very vague (not a good sign I guess lol). Curses. I feel sleep deprived :'(
Me too! I had several separate dreams in which I was accepted, rejected, waitlisted and accepted but I had to play competitive volleyball to enroll. (I have never, ever played volleyball.)
.
Last edited:
omg, dude, this is so freaking weird because in my dream one of the places were I got a letter with my decision was in a school court yard with volleyball game happening! ALKSDJFKLAS djfklfjal dude i totally must've seen you in my dream, wtf!!!!!
on another note, Groupon has been sending me an incredible amount of mail this morning... I love you, Groupon, but not cool. Not cool at all.
That is literally TOO WEIRD and also also hilarious. I was the one who kept accidentally knocking people/objects down and growing more hysterical as my chances at Cornell got smaller and smaller... 🙂
No weird dreams here haha but I never remember mine anyway. In other news ... Now sitting on 4 WLs in a row!! Help us out Cornell!
.
Last edited:
What if... they want to prove ZuluHotel's graph, with the "100%" probably on Friday, wrong? So they are making us wait until next week D:
😉 Damn I jinxed it. Sorry guys.
Sometimes I imagine the adcoms are reading this thread just to watch us squirm...
They do it some randomly....looking at old threads...there's been decisions on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. So yea....Only consistent thing is decisions come up before 10 am. I really need this one. Rejections from Stanford, Harvard, and Hopkins make me feel like I suck at interviews.
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
omg, those puppies (corgies??) in your profile picture are too cute <3 looking at them = great anti-anxiety/stress relief!
Yes corgies!! They're my favorite!
Some stress relief for everyone 😉
What if... they want to prove ZuluHotel's graph, with the "100%" probably on Friday, wrong? So they are making us wait until next week D:
I was going to say that's very unlikely because it would be a violation of the AAMC traffic rules, but then I actually looked up the traffic rules and the date given for regular MD admissions is actually March 30th, not the 15th as I thought. So now the possibility of being on the hook for another week seems all too real...
I still think we're going to hear this week. But now I am less than 100% confident, lol.
So it's safe to say I'm not the only one with knots in my stomach?
.
Last edited:
95% chance this thread will blow up tomorrow.
If the 95% is in reference to @ZuluHotel 's graph, keep in mind that those are prospective probabilities from before march. Now that we know offers didn't come out any of the previous days, the odds for the rest of the week need to be adjusted. By my calculations, we have a 55% chance of hearing back tomorrow (11% unaccounted for, 6% increase assigned to tomorrow).
I have too much time on my hands.
Last edited:
Bump to promote anxiety

On a more serious note, guess there's more waiting for us. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!
Well - I guess we'll wait another day.
See you all tomorrow!
See you all tomorrow!
Anybody else notice the increase in % accepted post-interview for in-state applicants from the previous year? U.S. News just released the new numbers. If I remember right it was on par with out-of-staters before (~1/3), this past class was close to 1/2. Not sure if that's class specific, so don't take too much stock in it, just an observation! Good luck all.
can you post the statistics post interview?Anybody else notice the increase in % accepted post-interview for in-state applicants from the previous year? U.S. News just released the new numbers. If I remember right it was on par with out-of-staters before (~1/3), this past class was close to 1/2. Not sure if that's class specific, so don't take too much stock in it, just an observation! Good luck all.
Less like "knots" and more like an infinitely large tangled ball of rope for me.So it's safe to say I'm not the only one with knots in my stomach?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can you post the statistics post interview?
Total
Applied: 6298
Interviewed: 777
Accepted: 292
Enrolled: 101
In-state
Applied: 1191
Interviewed: 152
Accepted: 75
Enrolled: 40
Out-of-state
Applied: 5107
Interviewed: 625
Accepted: 217
Enrolled: 61
Couldn't we get this from MSAR before?
I don't have an MSAR subscription anymore but I thought MSAR only tells you how many applied/interviewed/enrolled and not how many were accepted.
I don't remember MSAR breaking these numbers down, but I could be wrong. Thanks for putting them up, Zulu!Couldn't we get this from MSAR before?
This is correct, I have the current MSAR and it doesn't have the accepted numbers (which is a key piece of information!).I don't have an MSAR subscription anymore but I thought MSAR only tells you how many applied/interviewed/enrolled and not how many were accepted.
I think what rfenzo meant, previous editions of MSAR used to have this information as well.
Last edited:
Man, they sure are taking.... a WEILL 😛
Ba-dum tisch
Ba-dum tisch
.
Last edited:
It's sick how much I enjoy watching things like that...
It's sick how much I enjoy watching things like that...
It's gross....but strangely satisfying 😕
For the most grossly satisfying videos, type otomycosis into youtube......
It's gross....but strangely satisfying 😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
....and this continues to be my favorite thread on this site. Hope we all go to Cornell!
I have a feeling it's going to be Friday 🙁
Yeah it's going to be Friday. Gotta release decisions before the Ides of March

for everyone who is as anxious as I am!