Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7th waitlist in a row.......from what I hear though, a waitlist here is not a kiss of death! Gotta keep hoping
that's good at least... do you have idea how many are waitlisted/accepted from the waitlist?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
7th waitlist in a row.......from what I hear though, a waitlist here is not a kiss of death! Gotta keep hoping
From previous threads it sounds like 50-60 people get off the waitlist, and considering that Cornell has been rejecting people, the waitlist may not be super huge like it is at other schoolsthat's good at least... do you have idea how many are waitlisted/accepted from the waitlist?
Waitlisted. Here's to movement in May!
I hear you. But to give you hope, Cornell actually rejected people. They didn't just put all the not accepted students on the wait list. They see something within you. Don't give up the fight. 🙂 Write an LOI.
Killin it dude!Accepted. Congrats everyone.
In the event some future applicant digs up this thread, I just want to say that Cornell has an interviewer (initials L.S-L) who gives very tough interviews. At one point he straight-up called me an idiot in a foreign language (in fact, 4 times) and belittled every activity I listed. But I am nearly certain he is just giving a stress interview to see how you react under pressure, and his or her reactions in no way reflects your true performance.
I had him too. I think the dean or someone warned me beforehand about him so I wasn't really caught off guard. It definitely was a stress interview, I think he is one of the few interviewers to do this since no one else in my group had anything similar. I actually thought he was pretty funny. We talked for about an hour, but maybe only five minutes about medicine.
(accepted)
Yeah, he seems like a genuinely eccentric guy! But really smart and has eclectic interests. We were eventually talking about Nietzsche and whether his later works were influenced by what was likely the end stage of having syphilis.
In the event some future applicant digs up this thread, I just want to say that Cornell has an interviewer (initials L.S-L) who gives very tough interviews. At one point he straight-up called me an idiot in a foreign language (in fact, 4 times) and belittled every activity I listed. But I am nearly certain he is just giving a stress interview to see how you react under pressure, and his or her reactions in no way reflects your true performance.
Accepted students Facebook group is ready: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wcmc2018/
Looking forward to meeting as many of you at 2nd Look Weekend!
I'm right there with you! Good luck!Waitlisted as well. Trying not to lose hope as this is definitely my number one!
anyone know what tuition is for years 2-4? I can only find year 1
Thanks, Winterchill! You're awesome 🙂 I def will write an LOI. Don't worry, the disappointment didn't kill me. ;-)
You mean Cost of Attendance? They don't usually know how much these things are going to go up years in advance but if you want to know how much more each year is compared to each other, the student budget/cost of attendance is on page 10 of the Financial Aid Handbook the Fin Aid office attached in the email.
Lol, I know it didn't but it's killing me. I can name at least 10 people in this forum I hope are at Cornell this summer and you were definitely one of them. 🙂
There is a thread in the allo subforum with quite a few of the 2013 match lists: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2013-match-lists.991281/Anyone have a match list for Cornell they could post or private message? Thanks!
Waitlistee here as well. That's interesting that the student predicts more waitlist movement this year because of the curriculum changes-- I guess people don't usually like being the guinea pig for major changes...? But imo the new changes look really good, haha.
Has anyone received the official letter package? I haven't so I was wondering. Apparently there is a form there that we have to fill in before the deadline so we can hold a spot, but it says nothing about when the deadline is. Does someone have any information regarding this?
you already posted in the pre-allopathic. Please do not duplicate postNot sure if this is the place for this, so my apologies if it's not. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to best send a LOI (intent). Is it pretty standard to attach one of these to the actual online application or do applicants ever physically mail them? I'd prefer to physically mail something as I'm very artistic and was hoping to write a nice handwritten card/letter but wasn't sure if this would be overkill. Also, is it standard to write to my individual interviewers in addition to the committee as a whole?
Thanks in advance!
Go for itHey DrLyss, can I ask you some questions about Cornell housing and clinical rotations?
As an MS4 you've probably gone through/observed some sort of administrative/curriculum change, right? Maybe you can provide insight into my earlier question - how smooth do you think this huge curriculum change will be for the incoming class? I guess part of the answer to that is how involved the professors and students were in the decision-making process.Hey guys just wanted to say congrats (and good luck to wait listers). I'm an MS4 here and it's a great place to be!
What is Cornell's policy regarding a slight decline in grades after acceptance? Does it say anything in the official letter? #senioritis
To current Weill Cornell students, is there any type of interaction between the medical campus and the undergraduate campus in Ithaca? Can you take courses on the Ithaca campus? I know there are dual degree options, but I am asking apart from that. Also, does a Weill Cornell student have access to the facilities and such on the undergraduate campus? Not that I plan to leave Manhattan regularly, but I'm more or less curious.
I have no clue why you'd want to take a cornell course during medical school. I know you can take some graduate biomed classes on campus, though. There is a bus that goes back and forth TID to Ithaca. Some faculty teach and work at both places. Both cornell and Sinai lack the big university resources, but it does give us a more intimate campus feel.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.