-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread
Started by JJMrK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
oh right, forgot about that. By early March I'm assuming they mean only the first week or so? Hopefully they have that and February open still at leastOn our status page, it says they interview through March.
On our status page, it says they interview through March.
does anyone have an idea of
oh right, forgot about that. By early March I'm assuming they mean only the first week or so?
anyone know when they're at with interviews? like which dates are still available?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has Cornell decided not to accept anyone early this year? Didn't they accept a handful of students in November last year?
I apologize if someone has previously answered this question earlier in the thread.
No, Cornell has been non-rolling since last year.
Anyone who has recently gotten an interview that wouldn't mind sharing what days they saw open?
Hey, I was invited to interview last week. You can't see all the days available to interview. Instead, you get an email informing you of the days and months they interview (Tues., Wed., and Thurs. from mid-Sept. to Feb.) and lists five of the earliest interview dates.
The dates were from Dec. 17th through Jan. 9th.
So I'm certain there are more interview invitations to come. Good luck!
Hey, I was invited to interview last week. You can't see all the days available to interview. Instead, you get an email informing you of the days and months they interview (Tues., Wed., and Thurs. from mid-Sept. to Feb.) and lists five of the earliest interview dates.
The dates were from Dec. 17th through Jan. 9th.
So I'm certain there are more interview invitations to come. Good luck!
Thanks so much! 🙂 there were a few of us that were curious.
II today, complete September. Email was similar to what winterchill described, available dates were January 7, 8, 14, 15, 16.
FWIW, I was rejected here last Wednesday (actually, right in the middle of another interview).
4.0/39, complete early September
Same here. Rejected, 4.0/39, international, nontrad, complete mid September. Don't know what they are looking for. Oh well, I'm moving on~
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It sounds llike it does based on previous posts.Does your online status change if you've been rejected?
Does your online status change if you've been rejected?
Yes I think so and it changes to interview scheduled once you're invited to interview.
Yes, it does.Does your online status change if you've been rejected?
Rejected, heading to South Beach. See you in 2017 for an interview, Cornell ;-)
Damn, were you notified today? Also, when were you complete?
ThanksYes, it does.
at my interview here, i ended up at a residency interview lol. I showed up and the director (i think) was talking and I was like crap, I am late 🙁. i was thinking everyone looks so old, is it like 95% non-traditional. then I realized everyone was wearing a name badge that indicated what medical school they went to lol.
Any ideas on the best places to stay when interviewing?
They have hosts. Other than that , I met someone who stayed at a YMCA...
Got an interview invitation an hour ago. Complete some time in July 2013, lol. Interview dates are for Jan 14, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30. It states they interview until late February.
Gives me a little hope...complete sometime in August and still waiting to hear back from them!
Got an interview invitation an hour ago. Complete some time in July 2013, lol. Interview dates are for Jan 14, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30. It states they interview until late February.
Congrats! You've gotten a lot of interview invites lately despite being complete in July!
Got an interview invitation an hour ago. Complete some time in July 2013, lol. Interview dates are for Jan 14, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30. It states they interview until late February.
gives me hope! 🙂
Got an interview invitation yesterday morning! Complete early July or somewhere around there.
II! Complete in September/October. See MDapps for stats.
3 dates available in January and 1 date in February. They interview until March.
Keep the hope alive!!
Today has been a good day.
Edit: Just re-read my e-mail. It says they interview until February in the interview email though the status page says until March...
3 dates available in January and 1 date in February. They interview until March.
Keep the hope alive!!
Today has been a good day.
Edit: Just re-read my e-mail. It says they interview until February in the interview email though the status page says until March...
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected via e-mail pre-interview yesterday. Complete super late and it looks like they're giving interviews now to people complete on the earlier side so perhaps they're starting to wrap things up--closure coming soon to many. Good luck to everyone.
Thanks!congrats wonderpig!!!
I am so curious how many of us are left in limbo with no II and no rejection..
I know...and many have been waiting for awhile but I still do think no news is good news. 🙂
Still in limbo......
Likewise...
Aw, sorry, orgostar. 🙁Rejected. >3.9, 35 MCAT 🙁 good luck to those still in the running!
Finally given some correspondence! (After they accidentally sent me a couple of emails about student hosting back in September lol.)
Rejection #2 of the season. No hard feelings Cornell.
Good luck to yall that are hoping to call Weill home 🙂
Rejection #2 of the season. No hard feelings Cornell.
Good luck to yall that are hoping to call Weill home 🙂
Rejected today too. GL to everyone still in the running here.
Rejection wooh
Rejected today. Sad because I got my hopes up since I made it this far 
Sorry, neuronerd. But you've got some great acceptances. 🙂Rejected today. Sad because I got my hopes up since I made it this far![]()
Thanks 🙂 Good luck at your interview! I wish everyone the best!!Sorry, neuronerd. But you've got some great acceptances. 🙂
Can anyone who has interviewed this cycle comment on the interview and interview day itself? I looked back to posts from October to answer this and there was one post by Zuluhotel that was good, but I was looking to glean a little more information before I go. Feel free to PM if you'll feel more comfortable.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance.
Feel free to PM me!Can anyone who has interviewed this cycle comment on the interview and interview day itself? I looked back to posts from October to answer this and there was one post by Zuluhotel that was good, but I was looking to glean a little more information before I go. Feel free to PM if you'll feel more comfortable.
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received an interview invite but am withdrawing my application tonight. Best of luck and I hope one of you who is still waiting to hear back gets my interview spot!
Where are you going?Received an interview invite but am withdrawing my application tonight. Best of luck and I hope one of you who is still waiting to hear back gets my interview spot!
