You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So you received a merit scholarship application letter with your acceptance letter?You should have gotten a letter telling you that you'll be able to apply for it together with the official acceptance letter in the mail.
So you received a merit scholarship application letter with your acceptance letter?
I did.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I loved the school! The Director and Dean of Admissions are both awesome. They are funny and just give off a great vibe. I had a faculty and student interview, both were laid back.Hey SDN - I have an interview on Friday for UT. Any thoughts about the school or interview day would be greatly appreciated.
Best,
Iatro 🙂
Hey SDN - I have an interview on Friday for UT. Any thoughts about the school or interview day would be greatly appreciated.
Best,
Iatro 🙂
I was also a big fan of the program's focus on research, as well as the scope of research opportunities available. I also thought it was pretty cool how even UT students can do their clinical rotations at the Cleveland Clinic.
I had a great interview day and would be happy to matriculate into the program. Both my faculty interviewer and student interviewer were very nice, and the overall interview day is pretty laid back too.
Aw man.. well congrats!! Hopefully you get it!I did.
So you received a merit scholarship application letter with your acceptance letter?
Yes, I did.
I haven't heard anything yet
Me either. It's driving me a little insane! I'm hoping we get it before the weekend at least. I really want to be here next year!!!
Hello all,
I have been fortunate enough to receive acceptances to both Case West and Northwestern University. I was wondering if any of you have advice regarding choosing between the two schools. I'm from the suburbs of Chicago so Northwestern would logistically be a better choice (not to mention better location), but if any one had any other insight please feel free to share!
Thanks in advance,
I have been fortunate enough to receive acceptances to both Case West and Northwestern University. I was wondering if any of you have advice regarding choosing between the two schools. I'm from the suburbs of Chicago so Northwestern would logistically be a better choice (not to mention better location), but if any one had any other insight please feel free to share!
Thanks in advance,
What does anyone think is going on? The committee met on Monday and from what I have seen, the decisions they make there usually are out by now.
Well, on the Class of 2019 facebook page, they just posted that the final batch of acceptances will be released this coming Tuesday.
Oops just read that you had been accepted to CCLCM. Congratulations!Well, on the Class of 2019 facebook page, they just posted that the final batch of acceptances will be released this coming Tuesday.
Last edited:
Oops just read that you had been accepted to CCLCM. Congratulations!
Well, I actually didn't even apply CCLCM. I was just talking about the last batch of UT acceptances. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When did you interview?Literally just got the call for CCLCM. Good luck!!
Any body knows if all 16 phone calls will be made today?Congrats! When did you interview?
Late September and I was placed on high hold I think around 1/15 or so?Congrats! When did you interview?
Awesome. Glad there are still chances for us pre-December interviewees!Late September and I was placed on high hold I think around 1/15 or so?
Awesome. Glad there are still chances for us pre-December interviewees!
Definitely! Don't give up hope. I hope I get to see some of you guys next year.
Also, it was said earlier, but second look is 3/26-27, just so you can have an idea of when to clear your calendar.
How I feel about CCLCM right about now:
Edit: I thought I had posted a congratulatory message to @lurklark but in my fever-induced haze I must have dreamt it.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit: I thought I had posted a congratulatory message to @lurklark but in my fever-induced haze I must have dreamt it.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How I feel about CCLCM right about now:
Edit: I thought I had posted a congratulatory message to @lurklark but in my fever-induced haze I must have dreamt it.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1 Hoping to feel the love soon from CCLCM. The workday is almost over 🙁
Got a text from my lil sib that CCLCM left a voicemail on our home phone but they haven't texted me the callback number yet. 
Got a text from my lil sib that CCLCM left a voicemail on our home phone but they haven't texted me the callback number yet.![]()
I am so impressed by your patience. I would have just called the admissions office number. I'm rooting for you!
Holy cow – got the acceptance. High-holded back in January. I'm impressed that they were able to get ahold of my PIs 😉 (and slightly betrayed that my PIs never told me they got a reference call). Hope there's more phone calls going out today!
My school decision suddenly went from very hard to near impossible. I can't believe I'm lucky enough to have this problem. Big thanks to everyone for all the support along the way.
Thank you! Huge huge congrats on your acceptance!
My school decision suddenly went from very hard to near impossible. I can't believe I'm lucky enough to have this problem. Big thanks to everyone for all the support along the way.
I am so impressed by your patience. I would have just called the admissions office number. I'm rooting for you!
Thank you! Huge huge congrats on your acceptance!
Holy cow – got the acceptance. High-holded back in January. I'm impressed that they were able to get ahold of my PIs 😉 (and slightly betrayed that my PIs never told me they got a reference call). Hope there's more phone calls going out today!
My school decision suddenly went from very hard to near impossible. I can't believe I'm lucky enough to have this problem. Big thanks to everyone for all the support along the way.
Thank you! Huge huge congrats on your acceptance!
Awesome! Congrats!
You are amazing!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!! 🙂🙂🙂🙂Holy cow – got the acceptance. High-holded back in January. I'm impressed that they were able to get ahold of my PIs 😉 (and slightly betrayed that my PIs never told me they got a reference call). Hope there's more phone calls going out today!
My school decision suddenly went from very hard to near impossible. I can't believe I'm lucky enough to have this problem. Big thanks to everyone for all the support along the way.
Thank you! Huge huge congrats on your acceptance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Holy cow – got the acceptance. High-holded back in January. I'm impressed that they were able to get ahold of my PIs 😉 (and slightly betrayed that my PIs never told me they got a reference call). Hope there's more phone calls going out today!
My school decision suddenly went from very hard to near impossible. I can't believe I'm lucky enough to have this problem. Big thanks to everyone for all the support along the way.
Thank you! Huge huge congrats on your acceptance!
YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS BUT YOU ARE AN INCREDIBLE ROCK STAR WHO TOTALLY DESERVES THIS
Congrats to all accepted to CCLCM. To my knowledge, the next 16 acceptances have been contacted. Please remember that an additional 6-10 acceptances will come from the waitlist if this year is the same as in the previous years. Know also that if you don't end up at CCLCM, you will hopefully end up at a medical school that will be the best fit for you. Good luck to all. Stay positive.
Thanks for the info, I guess it is good to know so I can stop staring at my phone. Any idea if the people on the wait-list have been notified already?Congrats to all accepted to CCLCM. To my knowledge, the next 16 acceptances have been contacted. Please remember that an additional 6-10 acceptances will come from the waitlist if this year is the same as in the previous years. Know also that if you don't end up at CCLCM, you will hopefully end up at a medical school that will be the best fit for you. Good luck to all. Stay positive.
Thanks for the info, I guess it is good to know so I can stop staring at my phone. Any idea if the people on the wait-list have been notified already?
I am not exactly sure when the waitlist will be generated and those on that waitlist will be notified. I suspect this will occur withing the next week. The second look visit will take place on 3/26 and 3/27.
Congrats to all accepted to CCLCM. To my knowledge, the next 16 acceptances have been contacted. Please remember that an additional 6-10 acceptances will come from the waitlist if this year is the same as in the previous years. Know also that if you don't end up at CCLCM, you will hopefully end up at a medical school that will be the best fit for you. Good luck to all. Stay positive.
I think I speak on behalf of all of us who have been eyeing our phones uncomfortably over the past week- we really appreciate the update. Thanks!
Last edited:
Ahhh congrats guys! CCLCM was such an awesome opportunity. My fingers are still crossed for the WL.
js - was that for UT? and you received it via email?
i interviewed on 2/11 and am waiting....
i interviewed on 2/11 and am waiting....
Yes, that was for the UTjs - was that for UT? and you received it via email?
i interviewed on 2/11 and am waiting....
Accepted! Interviewed 2/6. OOS. LizzyM 73-74
Congratulations!!!!!! 🙂
I was there on 2/6 as well....I'm assuming by my empty inbox that they lost my acceptance email 😉
It's almost time for them to head out for the day. No acceptance email here either 🙁 Per their twitter they say that "A new batch of acceptances" came out today. I'm hoping another, likely final, batch comes out tomorrow! Good luck to all, waiting an extra day is brutal.
Yes, that was for the UT
congratulations!!! case western is awesome
i await the guillatine or some delayed acceptance email it seems
It's almost time for them to head out for the day. No acceptance email here either 🙁 Per their twitter they say that "A new batch of acceptances" came out today. I'm hoping another, likely final, batch comes out tomorrow! Good luck to all, waiting an extra day is brutal.
that's true - they didnt say 'final batch of acceptances'...maybe there's still hope
It's almost time for them to head out for the day. No acceptance email here either 🙁 Per their twitter they say that "A new batch of acceptances" came out today. I'm hoping another, likely final, batch comes out tomorrow! Good luck to all, waiting an extra day is brutal.
Sorry, If you are talking about UT, they said on their Class of 2019 facebook page, that Tuesday (today) would be their last batch of acceptances.
Sorry, If you are talking about UT, they said on their Class of 2019 facebook page, that Tuesday (today) would be their last batch of acceptances.
Yeah I had heard this, but I'm still holding out hope, maybe foolishly, that they just didn't get to everything/everyone today

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I had heard this, but I'm still holding out hope, maybe foolishly, that they just didn't get to everything/everyone today![]()
to be honest i cant find the post that says they're sending out their final batch today, only that yesterday was their final adcom meeting, and a new batch came out today...realize this could be some level of pre med psychosis and all but
went on the iapply again to check my status and found a message dated today saying that i'm on hold after interview, to be considered for the alternate list they generate in early mid april. congratulations for all you folks who got the in!
went on the iapply again to check my status and found a message dated today saying that i'm on hold after interview, to be considered for the alternate list they generate in early mid april. congratulations for all you folks who got the in!
Just checked iapply after seeing this. It seems that I'm in the same position, a "hold for future consideration." Congrats to everyone who got in! I'm pretty bummed over this, but I loved my experience at Case and I plan on fighting to hopefully matriculate there in the fall!
Going crazy over here waiting to hear from CCLCM! No status change on iApply. No email, phone call or letter received as of tonight. Interviewed 12/15. I've been accepted to 2 other schools but I really had my heart set on this one. Sigh...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K