Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, dear! I was afraid of this. (But am glad that CCLCM is attracting so many great candidates!) I am a mere "Hold." A sincere question, though perhaps naive--does a letter of intent have any effect on deliberations or is it seen merely as the desperate plea for admission that it is? (It is difficult for me to imagine anyone NOT wanting to attend CCLCM, should she or he be fortunate enough to be admitted!) Would you offer some advice?re lurklark's post -- This is not entirely correct. At this point, a "high hold" is better than a "hold." It also doesn't matter if you were ranked #17 or #18 in the first half. All candidates, whose files are still open, will be ranked #17-32 for the second round of 16 acceptances. This will take place on or about 2/24. I suspect if there are more than 25-30 current or active "high holds," then a "hold" is a bad progonostic sign of aceptance to CCLCM. As I wrote earlier, if you are not in the top 32 (initial acceptance class), you will be rejected or put on a waitlist (likely ranked as well, 33, 34, 35...etc). About 8-12 are accepted off this waitlist to fill the CCLCM class of 32. A very, very strong group of excellent applicants interviewed after the first 16 acceptances were notified. This could be the toughest committee ranking meeting ever in history of CCLCM.