-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thanks!
Asking 'what to keep an eye out for' was simply an attempt to be prepared for any particular aspects or nuances of the interview day. Although unavoidable, it's always nice to keep the surprises to a minimum!
http://www.evms.edu/education/medical_programs/doctor_of_medicine/md_admissions_interview_day/
it's exactly as it says in the schedule. no surprises. good luck!
Does anyone know what the Average Step scores were for 2014 class and the match rate?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://evmsalumni.com/pdf/Match List 2014.pdfDoes anyone know what the Average Step scores were for 2014 class and the match rate?
You'll see that there were quite a few people matching into even the most competitive specialties.
Last edited:
Thank you!!http://evmsalumni.com/pdf/Match List 2014.pdf
You'll see that there were a quite a few people matching into even the most competitive specialties.
Hey I know this was a while ago, but did you send your update in an attached document, or just plainly as an email?I guess I could, but I sent an update letter a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. Ugh.
Probably as a PDF unless they ask otherwise. I think only einstein doesn't want a Pdf, which confused me.
Yes, can you comment on step 1 prep offered and time dedicated to prep in the academic schedule? Also, how detailed is the genetics module at EVMS? Thnx
Any insider comment on the W&M merger would be appreciated also!
We have quite a bit step 1 prep. Spring of M2 year you take the cbse 3times and cant sit for the real thing until you pass it. We have board review lectures coming up. Everything is integrated so you're really reviewing all along. Medical school is more about how much you prepare personally rather than having everything handed to you.
We have a new MD/MBA program with WM. I'D rather US merge with WM than ODU if we have to partner with anyone. I went to neither of these institutions.
Does anyone know how much the hague club apartments are a month?
http://www.haguetowers.com/features/
prices are on here
No, Hague club is the evms housing. Hague towers is an off site apartment complex. Confusing but they are two different places. I was looking for more information on evms housing costs.
Last edited:
Ohhh my bad. I didn't realize EVMS even had housing lolNo, Hague club is the evms housing. Hague towers is an off site apartment complex. Confusing but they are two different places. I was looking for more information on evms housing costs.
Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist recently?
What's the typical turnaround between interview and admissions decision?
Thanks in advanced for answering a question that has undoubtedly been addressed before.
Thanks in advanced for answering a question that has undoubtedly been addressed before.
What's the typical turnaround between interview and admissions decision?
Thanks in advanced for answering a question that has undoubtedly been addressed before.
4 weeks for most decisions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the typical turnaround between interview and admissions decision?
Thanks in advanced for answering a question that has undoubtedly been addressed before.
mine took about 2.5 weeks
When did you interview?mine took about 2.5 weeks
Seems like they send out acceptance/interviews in batches at the end of every monthly cycle.
When did you interview?
Seems like they send out acceptance/interviews in batches at the end of every monthly cycle.
i interviewed mid jan
Wait listed. Interview on 1/21/15. Not sure if I want to call and find out my tier.
Edit: Middle 1/3
Edit: Middle 1/3
Last edited:
@ cardiac lion Darn I was rooting for ya. Maybe send an update letter / letter of intent to join. Suck up to them like crazy I heard they sometimes take people off if you keep in touch a lot.
Yeah I'm not bummed, cause im still in the game. We'll see what I can do. @meetsub @DrOMG and anyone else I missed, thanks for the love and support. We will be classmates. 🙂
... I hope lol, knock on wood.
II on Feb 10th! Complete since September. So excited!!
I tried calling today and yesterday but no one was available to take my call. I and I'm sure many others have the interview scheduled for tomorrow, and I assume it's still on considering the snowstorm wasn't too bad. However, it'd be nice to know for sure before driving down early tomorrow, but I think I'm going to plan to go down either way. I guess I can't do much more than call and an email.
Last edited:
I tried calling today and yesterday but no one was available to take my call. I and I'm sure many others have the interview scheduled for tomorrow, and I assume it's still on considering the snowstorm wasn't too bad. However, it'd be nice to know for sure before driving down early tomorrow, but I think I'm going to plan to go down either way. I guess I can't do much more than call and an email.
I tried calling today as well, the region is in a "state of emergency" apparently? So who knows. Best of luck to you all interviewing tomorrow.
according to EVMS twitter account the school is closed today
Storm might not have been that bad, but I live a block away from campus and no roads have been plowed here except like one main road. No salt or sand has been put down either. My guess is that campus will remain closed tomorrow.I tried calling today and yesterday but no one was available to take my call. I and I'm sure many others have the interview scheduled for tomorrow, and I assume it's still on considering the snowstorm wasn't too bad. However, it'd be nice to know for sure before driving down early tomorrow, but I think I'm going to plan to go down either way. I guess I can't do much more than call and an email.
Storm might not have been that bad, but I live a block away from campus and no roads have been plowed here except like one main road. No salt or sand has been put down either. My guess is that campus will remain closed tomorrow.
I meant to say where I live it wasn't so bad (about 6 inches still WAY more than we're used to), but just trying to say I could make it down. Anyway all for naught, the school nicely just called me and said they are cancelling interviews (and postponing to a later date) because they aren't sure if campus will be open tomorrow (just like you said). I hope this can help anyone else lurking and wondering the same thing.
I appreciate the quick responses in this thread, I consistently underestimate what a wonderful tool SDN can be (even at the sacrifice of a little bit of anonymity).
Are they still closed today?
Delayed opening, will open at 12.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who interviewed in late January hear back?
I got WL-ed, second tier. Interviewed Jan 21st.
Oops, I haven't done any of that yet.Now to sit and wait : )
- Mail transcripts - DONE!
- Mail immunizations records - DONE!
- Application for housing - DONE!
- Financial aid documents submitted - DONE!
- Scholarship applications and essays submitted - DONE!
you've done all this before you've heard a decision?
No, I was accepted a few months ago.
Now to sit and wait : )
- Mail transcripts - DONE!
- Mail immunizations records - DONE!
- Application for housing - DONE!
- Financial aid documents submitted - DONE!
- Scholarship applications and essays submitted - DONE!
wow you are on top of things. good job!
Do most applicants get waitlisted at EVMS with March interviews? - Any thoughts?
Last edited:
Do most applicants get waitlisted at EVMS with March interviews? - Any thoughts?
I think that's pretty common for every school that does rolling admissions since March interviews are pretty late in the cycle. I would think they'd have to really like you a lot to get accepted outright
I believe most people get waitlisted before accepted at EVMS no matter what month you interview. March is probably even more so but looking at past threads there is significant movement from the waitlist if that helps you be a little more optimistic.Do most applicants get waitlisted at EVMS with March interviews? - Any thoughts?
I believe most people get waitlisted before accepted at EVMS no matter what month you interview. March is probably even more so but looking at past threads there is significant movement from the waitlist if that helps you be a little more optimistic.
I don't think that's true. I was waitlisted top 1/3 last year at EVMS and there wasn't much WL movement. This year, I was accepted outright after interviewing in mid Jan
Seems like your right about last year, earlier years threads were a little different but looking at last years there wasn't much. I also got accepted outright.I don't think that's true. I was waitlisted top 1/3 last year at EVMS and there wasn't much WL movement. This year, I was accepted outright after interviewing in mid Jan
Thank you all for the information! I greatly appreciate it!
Sorry if I should know this... but is "Second Look/Spring Preview Day" also for families, spouses, etc (like it was in undergrad)... or just really for the accepted students to check out the school/future classmates type thing??
Last edited:
D
DenTony11235
II!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! Interviewing on 3/11/15. Does anybody recommend a hotel, perhaps near EVMS. I am flying in and hoping to find a hotel that has a free shuttle to/from the airport. I will be calling hotels, but I love getting recommendations/hearing about other applicants' experiences.
Much appreciated!
Much appreciated!
Stay at the Sheraton, it was my favorite hotel and they include breakfast if you talk to the manager and say you're interviewing at EVMS
Awesome, thank you!
Anybody from the 30th hear back?
If you haven't heard back yet, I would call in the later half of the week. The committee is meeting tonight to decide on a group of applications.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K