You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No you are correct with that dateYeah but I believe last year that the drop date was around may 15th... this year was may 1st. Am I wrong here?
Sorry, I mean April 30th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called Admissions yesterday and was told that their class has been entirely filled. Apparently there is still a chance for waitlist movement up until the first day of classes, but was told that the majority of waitlist movement happened on April 30th.
I guess the only hope now is someone getting off the waitlist at another school and relinquishing their spot.
I guess the only hope now is someone getting off the waitlist at another school and relinquishing their spot.
I called Admissions yesterday and was told that their class has been entirely filled. Apparently there is still a chance for waitlist movement up until the first day of classes, but was told that the majority of waitlist movement happened on April 30th.
I guess the only hope now is someone getting off the waitlist at another school and relinquishing their spot.
Well that's unfortunate
Oh well, I'm happy at my other institution - so I guess that's good bye for me. You were a good experience EVMS - thanks for the memories.
I still wouldn't give up hope. Every year is different but I know this school has traditionally had movement through June.I called Admissions yesterday and was told that their class has been entirely filled. Apparently there is still a chance for waitlist movement up until the first day of classes, but was told that the majority of waitlist movement happened on April 30th.
I guess the only hope now is someone getting off the waitlist at another school and relinquishing their spot.
Accepted today! On cloud 9! Waitlisted back in November.
don't give up yet, plenty of time for people to still withdraw and open up spots. I'm rooting for you!!
don't give up yet, plenty of time for people to still withdraw and open up spots. I'm rooting for you!!
I love you lol 🙂 thanks for the support and hope. Congratulations again on your success - truly a remarkable, and enviable story (I mean that in the nicest way)!
Just called again today - still on the WL. Asked whether there's still acceptances being sent out or if the class is pretty much full.
They said that there was "SOME" (stressed) acceptances sent out this week, and that they expect movement to happen throughout the summer up until the week before matriculation. They definitely expect more cyclic movement as people cycle around med schools.
They said that there was "SOME" (stressed) acceptances sent out this week, and that they expect movement to happen throughout the summer up until the week before matriculation. They definitely expect more cyclic movement as people cycle around med schools.
+1Withdrew from my spot on the top 1/3 of the alternate list. OOS male. Good luck to everyone!
Good luck everyone still waiting!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
DenTony11235
FIRST ACCEPTANCE JUST NOW!!!!!!!! WOOO!
So happy I shed my first tear in over a decade.
I applied for a program to go and teach in Spain for 8 months for a potential upcoming gap year. I'm reading up on EVMS's policy on postponing matriculation now, but does anyone have any insight on this process? Would EVMS allow me to apply for this at this point?
So happy I shed my first tear in over a decade.
I applied for a program to go and teach in Spain for 8 months for a potential upcoming gap year. I'm reading up on EVMS's policy on postponing matriculation now, but does anyone have any insight on this process? Would EVMS allow me to apply for this at this point?
FIRST ACCEPTANCE JUST NOW!!!!!!!! WOOO!
So happy I shed my first tear in over a decade.
I applied for a program to go and teach in Spain for 8 months for a potential upcoming gap year. I'm reading up on EVMS's policy on postponing matriculation now, but does anyone have any insight on this process? Would EVMS allow me to apply for this at this point?
Congrats!!!
D
DenTony11235
Is there an official FB page for our class?
Is there an official FB page for our class?
just search evms class of 2019 and join... and congrats!
D
DenTony11235
Got an acceptance yesterday as well. Had to read it a few times to make sure it was what I thought it was. First acceptance. So incredibly relieved.
Congrats classmate.
Signed a lease on Friday for an apartment near a another school, get off EVMS wait list on Monday. I could have loved you, EVMS but you were 1 business day too late.
Withdrew today, good luck to whoever gets my spot
Withdrew today, good luck to whoever gets my spot
I was accepted on Tuesday 5/19! OOS female was waitlisted top 1/3Anyone hear anything recently?
Anyone hear anything recently?
I also was accepted Tuesday 5/19! Also an OOS female from the top 1/3. They said they had sent my acceptance 5/7 but I never actually received it until 5/19 via email.
any recent WL movement?
Not that I have heard. Will be submitting my reapplication ASAP.
Yeahhhh =( I had high hopes for their WL too! =/
Didn't you get into Temple? Trade you spots...Yeahhhh =( I had high hopes for their WL too! =/
For what it's worth, OOS-male and on the top 1/3. Just joining in the fray 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just waiting...Wait you got in? Or you are just saying you are also waiting?
any recent WL movement?
Hi! I was accepted June 1st by email! OOS female, top 1/3. Good luck for everyone still waiting 🙂
would you mind sharing what portion of the wait list you were on? (e.g. upper 1/3?)Congrats classmate.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K