You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Johns Hopkins University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I haven't received a complete email either. I submitted 7/13.Should I be expecting a "complete" email? I submitted the secondary on 7/22 and immediately received a "thank you for submitting" email. The dashboard of my secondary just says "Application Status: Submitted".
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you received a complete email?Hang tight guys, they must be a bit overwhelmed with applications. Eventually you will be notified by email that your app is complete.
I haven't received a complete email either. I submitted 7/13.
Just for reference, I submitted 7/4 and got the complete email 7/29.
Thanks for sharing! That helps for reference. It's easy to get worried after two or three weeks pass (at least for me).Just for reference, I submitted 7/4 and got the complete email 7/29.
Yes.Have you received a complete email?
Thanks for sharing! That helps for reference. It's easy to get worried after two or three weeks pass (at least for me).
I'm not sure that the amount of worrying is reduced after receiving the complete email! Patience is not my strongest virtue *refreshes email*
Did anyone else wait a really long time to get a secondary email? It's been over a week since my primary was verified, and no secondary invite yet... worried 😳
What is the interview format at JHU?
On my interview at JHU, at least, they also have med students sitting with you while you wait for your interviews. They tell you that they're monitoring how you behave with others while you wait, and that it's part of your evaluation. From what others have claimed, you don't get dinged unless you're egregiously bad.
Interesting that they tell you that outright. Do you suppose they think it's just obvious and they'd rather be up front about it?On my interview at JHU, at least, they also have med students sitting with you while you wait for your interviews. They tell you that they're monitoring how you behave with others while you wait, and that it's part of your evaluation. From what others have claimed, you don't get dinged unless you're egregiously bad.
Interesting that they tell you that outright. Do you suppose they think it's just obvious and they'd rather be up front about it?
My guess is many medical schools do this sort of thing, but JHU is simply transparent about it and discloses that fact, whereas other schools don't. While it's nice of them, it does make waiting that much more stressful (and awkward). I imagine some people might 'put on a show' while waiting once it seems, in their minds, to be a test of sorts.
Submitted secondary 7/5, marked complete exactly one month later. Phew, am I ever glad I didn't send them a whiny e-mail.
Hope you can spare me a little love, JHU. Good luck to all you fellow applicants!
Hope you can spare me a little love, JHU. Good luck to all you fellow applicants!

Just had a mini-heart attack when I saw an email from Hopkins... only to find out its a complete email. Submitted Secondary 7/17.
that's how medical schools wean out the weak-hearted.Just had a mini-heart attack when I saw an email from Hopkins... only to find out its a complete email. Submitted Secondary 7/17.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted 7/22, no complete email yet.
Complete email received today at 2:48 PM. Submitted secondary on 7/22.
complete today submitted ~7/15
.
Last edited:
II. Oh god. I must be dreaming.
II. Oh god. I must be dreaming.
When did you submit the secondary? When did you get the complete email? Do you get to pick a date?
II! Never got a complete email.
II! Never got a complete email.
When did you get your secondary in?
7/3When did you get your secondary in?
Also, congrats to you and all others!!!!
I submitted on 7/6, was complete before the end of July, and got assigned a date. However, you are allowed to reschedule. Interviews are Thursday and Friday during Sept (and presumably later). Had 24 hours to confirm my interview.When did you submit the secondary? When did you get the complete email? Do you get to pick a date?
II at 7:00pm. So many emotions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's the Hopkins, of course. Congrats to such a good news!II at 7:00pm. So many emotions.
A
Autumn Water
How long does it take to receive the secondary from JHU after your AMCAS application is verified by the AAMC? I got mine verified on August 11th, but haven't heard from JHU. I know it's only a week, but I'm so nervous... Does JHU screen out application before sending secondary request?
There is no screen so you should get it shortly.
Submitted 7/29. Complete 8/18.
Congrats!! would you mind sharing your stats?CONGRATTTTTSSSSS 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
Submitted 8/9 around 6pm, "Complete" 8/19 around noon. Never got a "complete" email, but a line pops up on the portal after you log in and it has the date and time you were officially marked complete.
EDIT :: Just got a "complete" email around 6pm today.
EDIT :: Just got a "complete" email around 6pm today.
Last edited:
!!!!!!!! Congrats. Thanks for the info.II?!?!?!?! Um I DEFINITELY did not expect this at all but I am BEYOND excited right now!!
I was complete 7/17 and my LizzyM is 73
I received my complete email recently, nearly a month after all my materials were in. So for those still waiting, just be patient.
Trying hard to be haha. Its been five weeks now. I'm getting super antsy.
II. Oh god. I must be dreaming.
Wow congratulations, you've been having a great cycle. Mind sharing stats (or pm if you're not comfortable)
Should be on my MDApp thingWow congratulations, you've been having a great cycle. Mind sharing stats (or pm if you're not comfortable)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd like to set up student hosting for my JH SOM Interview, but the link that I received via email appears to be broken. Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Should I just try calling the office on Monday?
Hmm it works for me!I'd like to set up student hosting for my JH SOM Interview, but the link that I received via email appears to be broken. Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Should I just try calling the office on Monday?
PM'ed you 🙂Hmm it works for me!
Good to know that I am yet to be processed--submitted 7/28. I kept fearing that my app might be so uninteresting to Hopkins that they doesn't even bother to complete it.submitted 7/13. Complete this morning. Longest wait ever for me this cycle.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K