2014-2015 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to last year's thread there definitely were some pretty early acceptances.

I interviewed on the first day (early September) so I hope I'll hear back really soon.

Also I believe they send mails, not emails.
ok. I was early September too, but no change to my status online after the interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Take Amtrak down from NYC. Stop at either Middletown (if you're arriving on a weekend) or Harrisburg (on a weekday). The reason I recommend riding to Harrisburg on a weekday, even though it's further from Hershey than Middletown, is that they have a nice bus (CAT) that takes you directly from the transportation center next to Amtrak Harrisburg, all the way down to Hershey. You can even get off the bus in front of the Hershey Med Center if you like.

On second thought, you may want to ride Amtrak all the way to Harrisburg regardless... the train station there is nice, and safe, while the Middletown station is quite literally just a covered bench... might not be pleasant if you're arriving at night and have to wait for the cab to pick you up.

I've heard good things about Days Inn, but I have not been there, so I will let others do the talking on that regard...

Do you have to know the phone number of cabs in advance or are there always cabs waiting around the Harrisburg Amtrak station? Do you know any cheap and reliable cabs/car services? I found some inexpensive hotels in the area but I'm reluctant to book until I know i can easily get a cab to and from the hotel. Thanks! I'm so excited about visiting Penn State soon!
 
Do you have to know the phone number of cabs in advance or are there always cabs waiting around the Harrisburg Amtrak station? Do you know any cheap and reliable cabs/car services? I found some inexpensive hotels in the area but I'm reluctant to book until I know i can easily get a cab to and from the hotel. Thanks! I'm so excited about visiting Penn State soon!
You can search online and call a cab. I did that. It was pretty reliable. I don't remember if there were cabs waiting outside the station. It wasn't a big station.
 
Do you have to know the phone number of cabs in advance or are there always cabs waiting around the Harrisburg Amtrak station? Do you know any cheap and reliable cabs/car services? I found some inexpensive hotels in the area but I'm reluctant to book until I know i can easily get a cab to and from the hotel. Thanks! I'm so excited about visiting Penn State soon!

I used something called Sweet Ride Cab Company to take me to the airport. They came 45 minutes late, as a word of caution.
 
COngrats! Did your status change at all, because mine still says interview as the last status and the date it was scheduled.

No status change (just the second look tab) so I'll just wait and see what happens haha.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, so I submitted my secondary on the September 20th. Is it normal to still be waiting for an Interview?
 
Hey guys, so I submitted my secondary on the September 20th. Is it normal to still be waiting for an Interview?
yes its normal. be patient..adcoms are probably very busying reviewing applications as well as applicants who have already interviewed
 
Did anyone else NOT complete the post interview survey? Nobody mentioned it during the interview and I literally just saw it... wondering if that hurt my application.
 
Did anyone else NOT complete the post interview survey? Nobody mentioned it during the interview and I literally just saw it... wondering if that hurt my application.

I only completed the campus preference section a few days after my interview. I don't even remember seeing the other questions until last night when I logged on and that's when I saw the second look tab, so I don't think the survey affects one's chances.
 
From past posts I assume rejection or hold e-mails will come soon. They only regular-mail acceptances correct?
 
I only completed the campus preference section a few days after my interview. I don't even remember seeing the other questions until last night when I logged on and that's when I saw the second look tab, so I don't think the survey affects one's chances.
I remember only completing the campus preference survey after interview. Just saw the post-interview questions now...
 
If I submitted my secondary ~2 months ago and have not received a complete email yet should I give the admissions office a call or is this normal? I don't want to unnecessarily annoy them.
 
There's an interview survey there but I could not click on the rating....I wonder why?

I called the office. they said they uploaded these questions later. so for those who interviewed early, you only saw the rotation preference survey. should not affect anything. you can't click on it because you already submitted the survey and those new questions that you see now were uploaded after your submission
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called the office. they said they uploaded these questions later. so for those who interviewed early, you only saw the rotation preference survey. should not affect anything. you can't click on it because you already submitted the survey and those new questions that you see now were uploaded after your submission
Thanks!
 
According to last year's thread there definitely were some pretty early acceptances.

I interviewed on the first day (early September) so I hope I'll hear back really soon.

Also I believe they send mails, not emails.
mails are also knows as letters
 
Also if you are nice they will even give you a ride to school on your interview date. Tell them you are interviewing at Penn State and they will give you a special rate. Super clean hotel with gym and indoors swimming pool + breakfast in the morning


Is this the Days Inn in Hershey or Harrisburg? There are several different Days Inns in the area.
 
Hey guys! Hope interviews and applications are going well for everyone! Any sub-30 interview invites/WLs/acceptances? If so, when were you complete and what were your stats? Thanks for the information and good luck to all applicants!
 
Hey guys! Hope interviews and applications are going well for everyone! Any sub-30 interview invites/WLs/acceptances? If so, when were you complete and what were your stats? Thanks for the information and good luck to all applicants!

Also interviewed here. I believe I was the second date of the season. No news yet about my status post interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad