You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Saint Louis University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
just got my alternate list decision. interviewed 2/9 so its 6 weeks later. looks like im reapplying yay!
I'm sorry you got waitlisted, but I interviewed about the same time and was wondering if they had forgotten about me. It's good to know that hopefully I'll get a decision soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Getting in on the first try is hardly the norm anymore. I wouldn't sweat it one bit. Next cycle, you'll be another year wiser and another year stronger. As an added bonus, most of your AMCAS app is just repopulated from the prior year, haha.just got my alternate list decision. interviewed 2/9 so its 6 weeks later. looks like im reapplying yay!
I have a Ph.D. in neuroscience and had to apply twice to get into an allopathic school 🙂
Last edited:
Withdrew my application today after a lot of thinking and debating. I will always wonder where life would have gone if I attended SLU. I absolutely loved SLU, such a laid back and fun atmosphere and an interesting place to live and learn. To everyone attending SLU, maybe our paths will cross during residency, I hope that that you all have an awesome experience! Good luck to all!
Just received my acceptance after interviewing mid February
Congrats! Do you mind posting stats? I interviewed beginning of March and I'm still awaiting a reply.Just received my acceptance after interviewing mid February
Congrats! Do you mind posting stats? I interviewed beginning of March and I'm still awaiting a reply.
33, 3.6 science and cumulative gpa. OOS. Good luck to you!
Still some acceptances going out. Friend of a friend just got in. Interviewed mid-Feb.
Good luck, everybody!
Good luck, everybody!
Last edited:
Does SLU have honors/pass/fail or is it just pass/fail?
Pass/fail, no internal ranking for the 1.5 year preclinical curriculum. Clerkships still graded.Does SLU have honors/pass/fail or is it just pass/fail?
Hmmm Interviewed 3/3 and still nothing back. WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN?! haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmmm Interviewed 3/3 and still nothing back. WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN?! haha
+1
also interviewed 3/3 and have heard absolutely nothing so far. but others who interviewed 3/9 have heard back?!?
placed on waitlist. looks like there's no movement until mid-late may....
Last edited:
It's been 5 weeks since my interview and still no decision. I wonder what's going on
Based on my experience and reading other posts, SLU takes almost exactly 6 weeks to give you a decision. So one more week for you, hopefully.It's been 5 weeks since my interview and still no decision. I wonder what's going on
Based on my experience and reading other posts, SLU takes almost exactly 6 weeks to give you a decision. So one more week for you, hopefully.
I heard back just short of 8 weeks
I stand corrected.I heard back just short of 8 weeks
There's only 2 weeks until the April 30th deadline to only hold one acceptance, so I hope they tell us soon!
Is it urgent that we acquire housing early? Or are the pretty of good open apartments up until school starts
There's only 2 weeks until the April 30th deadline to only hold one acceptance, so I hope they tell us soon!
Maybe it's a good thing we have not heard back yet? They could just be waiting to see how many spots open up before making moves. I'm still optimistic!
just so all my buddies on the alternate/waitlist know, admissions does specifically rank the alternate list but they will not share your position with you (so don't bother asking). i emailed them yesterday. they also don't share any info on how big the list is
Did they also say anything about accepting updates and letters of interest or intent? My first inclination would be no since you just said the list is ranked.just so all my buddies on the alternate/waitlist know, admissions does specifically rank the alternate list but they will not share your position with you (so don't bother asking). i emailed them yesterday. they also don't share any info on how big the list is
Did they also say anything about accepting updates and letters of interest or intent? My first inclination would be no since you just said the list is ranked.
they didn't say anything about it, so i bet it wouldn't hurt but it may not count for anything! worth a shot i'd say
I was wondering if anyone can speak to the SLU's rankings given it's average accepted stats. I realize that the ranking system itself is in some ways flawed, but one generally sees the trend of higher scores w/higher rankings. However, though SLU doesn't seem to fit that trend. What bearing does that have on match strength?
Additionally, it would be great if any current students / alumni could talk about any noteworthy pros or cons to their experiences at SLU or any particular reasons why they chose SLU.
Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.
Additionally, it would be great if any current students / alumni could talk about any noteworthy pros or cons to their experiences at SLU or any particular reasons why they chose SLU.
Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Just received and e-mail asking "Do you wish to remain under consideration for the 2015 entering medical school class at Saint Louis University School of Medicine?" today.
just so all my buddies on the alternate/waitlist know, admissions does specifically rank the alternate list but they will not share your position with you (so don't bother asking). i emailed them yesterday. they also don't share any info on how big the list is
And just to add some further data points I was rejected post interview, and I have a friend who was accepted off the waitlist in a previous year. Basically what I'm getting at is that it doesn't seem the waitlist here is "all-inclusive" and you do have a shot at getting in from it (obviously).
And just to add some further data points I was rejected post interview, and I have a friend who was accepted off the waitlist in a previous year. Basically what I'm getting at is that it doesn't seem the waitlist here is "all-inclusive" and you do have a shot at getting in from it (obviously).
Out of curiosity, did you interview with Dean Willmore? I did and I have to say that was the most odd-ball ridiculous interview I've ever had. In fact, I'm surprised I wasn't rejected post-interview given the way my interview was handled by him.
Last edited:
When did you interview? I thought they only accept or wait list after interview, no rejection (I heard that from a friend at the school). How was your interview?And just to add some further data points I was rejected post interview, and I have a friend who was accepted off the waitlist in a previous year. Basically what I'm getting at is that it doesn't seem the waitlist here is "all-inclusive" and you do have a shot at getting in from it (obviously).
Out of curiosity, did you interview with Dean Willmore? I did and I have to say that was the most odd-ball ridiculous interview I've ever had. In fact, I'm surprised I wasn't rejected post-interview given the way my interview was handled by him.
+1
Last edited:
I'm glad I'm not the only one. PM me if you want to share experiences, I'm half-wondering how our experiences compare.
Just received and e-mail asking "Do you wish to remain under consideration for the 2015 entering medical school class at Saint Louis University School of Medicine?" today.
If do not mind, can you share your stat? I am waiting to hear from this school.
When did you interview? I thought they only accept or wait list after interview, no rejection (I heard that from a friend at the school). How was your interview?
Out of curiosity, did you interview with Dean Willmore? I did and I have to say that was the most odd-ball ridiculous interview I've ever had. In fact, I'm surprised I wasn't rejected post-interview given the way my interview was handled by him.
Not with Dean willmore, honestly thought the interview was absolutely positive, seemingly the best of all the ones I've had. Except for the part at the end where I was asked if I had been admitted to other school/s already and I answered yes. I'm thinking that may be why I was rejected outright and not waitlisted (with my stats, even a good interview could have easily landed me on the waitlist). I'm OK with it though. SLU would have been a great option and I wish you all the best of luck but I'm very satisfied with the school I will be matriculating at. I may have even chose it over SLU even if I were to have been admitted, but I guess I'll never know.
Not with Dean willmore, honestly thought the interview was absolutely positive, seemingly the best of all the ones I've had. Except for the part at the end where I was asked if I had been admitted to other school/s already and I answered yes. I'm thinking that may be why I was rejected outright and not waitlisted (with my stats, even a good interview could have easily landed me on the waitlist). I'm OK with it though. SLU would have been a great option and I wish you all the best of luck but I'm very satisfied with the school I will be matriculating at. I may have even chose it over SLU even if I were to have been admitted, but I guess I'll never know.
Quite similar to the ongoing uncertainty of the quantification of licks that are required to reach the center of a tootsie pop.
Good luck!!
Three if my memory serves correct. 😉Quite similar to the ongoing uncertainty of the quantification of licks that are required to reach the center of a tootsie pop.
Good luck!!
Anyone have an idea of when the last decisions will go out? I interviewed on one of the final days, but I haven't heard anything yet.
Any movement yet from the waitlist? When do you all think it will start moving?
I believe the waitlist should start to move April 30th or soon thereafter, as this is the last date individuals can hold multiple acceptances at institutions. Best of luck, and I hope everyone on the waitlist realizes their dream of becoming a physician in the next year.Any movement yet from the waitlist? When do you all think it will start moving?
Withdrew my spot a few days ago. Best of luck to all of you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any current students comment of Theresa Park Lofts apartments. Seems to be a good location in regards to proximity to the school but I was concerned about the safety of the area.
Withdrew my spot from the waitlist. Good luck!