2014-2015 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I am an applicant for this year's cycle! I have a question about the rec requirements! I have two recs from science teachers sent through AMCAS in my letter packet, but in early august my PI, who gave me a letter grade over the summer sent by email an additional recommendation to the Admissions department at SLU. My application online has said it was complete since July, Do you think I met their "strict" rec requirement of 3 teachers??? Do they even let you know if you don't meet the requirements?
 
Hey guys, I'm M4 and ready to move out. I have a single at the flats at 374. really close to som in s grand. no roommate. furnished. new. nice view. let me know if youre interested to take it for the whole year!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question for current SLU students:

I have been fortunate to be accepted into SLU for med school for next year. Is there much collaboration between SLU and WUSTL ? For instance, if there is a research interest that is not as emphasized at SLU but is going strong at WUSTL ? This doesn't necessarily apply to me now, because my interests are still pretty broad and I don't really know what I "want to do with my life." Just more wondering if that is an open avenue since the schools are so close.

Thanks!
 
I have a question for current SLU students:

I have been fortunate to be accepted into SLU for med school for next year. Is there much collaboration between SLU and WUSTL ? For instance, if there is a research interest that is not as emphasized at SLU but is going strong at WUSTL ? This doesn't necessarily apply to me now, because my interests are still pretty broad and I don't really know what I "want to do with my life." Just more wondering if that is an open avenue since the schools are so close.

Thanks!

Definitely! We don't have a formal arrangement with WashU, but I know of a few people that are doing research there. Most just reach out to the researchers on their own. From what I've heard, many seem to be very receptive.