2014-2015 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really hope that they accept more people this week. I've been waiting to hear since October when I got deferred :/

I hope so too! I interviewed in October but didn't hear back/get deferred till 01/07!

Or maybe we might get rejection letter in mail on Wednesday...
 
Last edited:
Has anyone been accepted after being deferred??

Yeah, some people accepted on 12/12 said that they were accepted after being deferred on 10/15.

I haven't heard of anyone being accepted after being deferred since then though...
 
Got an email yesterday morning telling me of my pre-ii rejection. Complete around early October. Good luck to everyone else!
 
How do you RSVP the Revisit Day? I got an ecard from TCMC but there's no link to actually RSVP. Is it assumed that everyone will go?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is today going to be an acceptance day?!

0U7DOyn.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
achhh that's scary. I interviewed on 1/14 and haven't heard anything yet...hopefully there's more acceptances going out this week.....:nailbiting:

I hope so too! Good luck!! They definitely said in interviews that review time was around an 8 week waiting period. The students who gave us tours both said they were deferred at least once before being accepted, so I had anticipated that.
 
For those who got out of deferral in December, did you do anything to improve your chances? Or was is it just a waiting game/ random?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
again has there been any post interview rejections? Or are these deferals a "nice try champ" kinda deal?
 
again has there been any post interview rejections? Or are these deferals a "nice try champ" kinda deal?

Yes, there have been some rejections.

They are a newer medical school though, so I would imagine they defer and accept a much higher percentage of interviewees than more established schools.
 
Is it only prospective students that go to the revisit day? I would assume it's just for students but the invitation has up to four guests as an option.