2014-2015 University of Missouri - Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys, nobody has confirmed the ranking comes out tomorrow. I was under the impression it would be in march as well.

Allison told my interview group that it would be released tomorrow since the last adcom meeting is tonight. I know what you mean.. it's usually March and maybe she miscommunicated but this is the message that my group was given last week. I guess we'll see soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Allison told my interview group that it would be released tomorrow since the last adcom meeting is tonight. I know what you mean.. it's usually March and maybe she miscommunicated but this is the message that my group was given last week. I guess we'll see soon.
Ah, good to know the source. Thanks.

At my interview 2 weeks ago, we were told that interviews concluded this week. They ended up not having to go into March because they have 4 interviews days a week instead of 3 now, and so the interview season is finished. Tomorrow, everyone will get a decision.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At my interview 2 weeks ago, we were told that interviews concluded this week. They ended up not having to go into March because they have 4 interviews days a week instead of 3 now, and so the interview season is finished. Tomorrow, everyone will get a decision.
Welp, looking forward to that waitlist or rejection now lololol. My post-interview luck has been pretty bad so far.

Reactions: 1 user
Welp, looking forward to that waitlist or rejection now lololol. My post-interview luck has been pretty bad so far.
Yeah. A whole lot of silence for me... except one. But you only need one, so I'm already relatively happy. :)

upload_2015-2-19_22-26-29.jpeg

Brace yourself........the waitlists and rejections are coming!
I'm expecting a waitlist or rejection also! Even if I am accepted, I most likely will withdraw. That makes tomorrow's decisions way less stressful for me, thankfully!

I'm expecting a waitlist or rejection also! Even if I am accepted, I most likely will withdraw. That makes tomorrow's decisions way less stressful for me, thankfully!
Any particular reason you'd withdraw? PM me if you want because I was thinking the same thing.

Dying of nerves
I'm nervous/excited for you all! I have been watching our class fb group steadily growing for the past several months and I'm ready for a big influx of classmates! I can't wait to finally meet everyone at second look day! Good luck to everyone, try to relax! :)

Accepted!! I am so excited.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!! WHAT?!? I thought I bombed my interview!! :whistle: :soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to those accepted!!

I unfortunately was rejected, which is OK since I probably would not have attended over my current acceptance. I also bombed one of my interviews, so this is not surprising! The sorting hat continues...

Rejected... would have loved to attend. OOS applicant. Congrats to all accepted and those in the top portion of the waitlist!!!!!

Rejected...my fault for not withdrawing. Attending this interview was pure hell, simply because I flew into St. Louis during a snowstorm, drove through a blizzard, then had my return flight canceled. Congrats to everyone else, but I was glad to go back to my home state after that ordeal.

Is there a facebook page for the 2019 class, so that we can find roommates and such?

Rejected. It's not over for my shot at medical school in 2015, but there's not much wick left in this candle. :(

How quickly should I expect to hear back about my wait list ranking?

Rejected. Not for me anyways, interviewers made snide remarks about my mother being a lawyer and my brother not going to college immediately after high school.

I like how they write "We are pleased to inform you that you have been assigned a position on the alternate list for the 2015 entering class of the University of Missouri School of Medicine."

When I read "pleased to inform you" I thought i had been accepted.

Ya bottom third...or in other words a little bit more polite rejection

WL, praying for solid movement on the alternate list this year ***cross fingers***

Top 1/3 of alternate list. So I could be anywhere from 1 to 35 on the 104 person ranked list. Welp, some good news is better than no good news.

Accepted this morning. Ecstatic beyond punctuation and emojis.

I am on the top 1/3rd of the alternate list. Does anyone know what the chances are I will be accepted based on previous years?

Also, what date is the second look day, and should I plan to attend?

Rejected today as well. Thank God for other acceptances. So long, Mizzou! And congrats to the rest of you accepted and top third waitlisters! :)

Top third of the waitlist here. Alison told me that she hasn't seen anyone in the top third not get in eventually. So hopefully history repeats itself.

Nope. Honestly, I feel like I'm not going to get off the WL coming from OOS regardless
I think you should ask. I did, found out I was top 1/3, and decided to stay. OOS doesn't matter post-interview; you're ranked just like everyone else. I'm OOS, but Mizzou allows you to become a MO resident after year 1, so overall tuition wouldn't be bad.

Syill haven't heard anything about my status.... Should I email admissions?

I feel like they should invite top third waitlisters to the second look day... that's a big chunk of classmates we won't get to meet. :wtf:

I won't be going to Second Look Day, so I'm in the same boat as you :/
I feel like they should invite top third waitlisters to the second look day... that's a big chunk of classmates we won't get to meet. :wtf:

Waitlisted. IS applicant. Going to withdraw and will officially be attending my top school choice so I can't say I'm that upset. Good luck everyone :)

sooooo... when do people start withdrawing their acceptances? is there any chance it will happen before 2nd look day (i don't remember when this is)... are any other top-third waitlisters wanting to go to 2nd look day?

sooooo... when do people start withdrawing their acceptances? is there any chance it will happen before 2nd look day (i don't remember when this is)... are any other top-third waitlisters wanting to go to 2nd look day?

I was wondering the same thing. I would like to go to it.

I was told today by the admissions office that they have already accepted 2 people from alternate list.

Facebook group only at 75.