You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Wake Forest University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It depends on when you interviewed.. for those who interviewed ~10/20, it should be sometime next week.Anyone know when the next batch of acceptances come out???
It depends on when you interviewed.. for those who interviewed ~10/20, it should be sometime next week.
I interviewed 10/6...I'm sorry I don't mean to be annoying, I am just dying from anticipation..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, you're fine. 🙂 They said the admissions committee will meet 10/29--two days ago--when I interviewed. So maybe you were reviewed then as well.I interviewed 10/6...I'm sorry I don't mean to be annoying, I am just dying from anticipation..
Nothing for me either. OOS, ~71, complete 8/11
Still no II. In-state, LizzyM ~71. Complete 8/26.
I was complete like 7/22 and haven't heard anything, haha.Still no II. In-state, LizzyM ~71. Complete 8/26.
+1 :-(I was complete like 7/22 and haven't heard anything, haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+2 and I'm also IS. What gives?+1 :-(
Do they prefer IS? I thought they were private+2 and I'm also IS. What gives?
II yesterday!! received my complete email around the third week of October.
soooooooo excited! i love Wake! this II was a pleasant surprise, and a wonderful way to start off this week 🙂🙂🙂
for everyone still waiting to hear, there were a couple of dates left between Nov/Dec when I called. Good luck to everyone 🙂
soooooooo excited! i love Wake! this II was a pleasant surprise, and a wonderful way to start off this week 🙂🙂🙂
for everyone still waiting to hear, there were a couple of dates left between Nov/Dec when I called. Good luck to everyone 🙂
Do they prefer IS? I thought they were private
I'm not able to pull up MSAR right now but I think they have a slight preference for NC residents.
Do they prefer IS? I thought they were private
I'm not able to pull up MSAR right now but I think they have a slight preference for NC residents.
Most private schools have a quasi IS preference because it is more convincing to the ADCOM that an IS applicant actually has a serious interest in the school compared to the student that lives 1000 miles away. Whereas state schools actually have mandates that require an actual percentage of IS students.
Edit: to put it another way, it is probably easier for an IS student to write a good, why wake forest? secondary than your average OOS student.
What they said. I've emailed a letter of intent, but I havn't called yet to basically say, "hey, you guys are easily my #1 choice, so please interview me so I can express my love in a non-federally offensive manner".What was your conversation like? I called yesterday and it was a short conversation.
Did anyone send an update to this school without any new information (info not listed on your application)? I know some people have done this for other schools, but I'm not sure what I would say lol...I'm getting pretty ansy with nothing but rejections/holds, so any advice is appreciated! 🙂
I recently started shadowing an internal medicine physician and started volunteering with a new organization and I sent them an update via email. I got an email about two weeks later saying that my update had been added to my file. I still haven't heard anything though, for what its worth. It couldn't hurt for you to send in an update, though.Did anyone send an update to this school without any new information (info not listed on your application)? I know some people have done this for other schools, but I'm not sure what I would say lol...I'm getting pretty ansy with nothing but rejections/holds, so any advice is appreciated! 🙂
I recently started shadowing an internal medicine physician and started volunteering with a new organization and I sent them an update via email. I got an email about two weeks later saying that my update had been added to my file. I still haven't heard anything though, for what its worth. It couldn't hurt for you to send in an update, though.
I actually have started volunteering with a new organization as well and have shadowed a little more since my application. Maybe I will send an update! I'm waiting on fall grades, but maybe I'll send one now and send another in a few weeks. Was your email formal or just kind of casual?
It was very formal. Pretty much about as formal as an email get lolI actually have started volunteering with a new organization as well and have shadowed a little more since my application. Maybe I will send an update! I'm waiting on fall grades, but maybe I'll send one now and send another in a few weeks. Was your email formal or just kind of casual?
It was very formal. Pretty much about as formal as an email get lol
haha good to know...thank you!!
There are very few scholarshipsDoes wake have any scholarships? Or we straight loans here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does wake have any scholarships? Or we straight loans here
There are very few scholarships
I know three people are here on full tuition scholarships - There may be more, but not everyone is vocal about it, for obvious reasons. And I know at least three others who have partial scholarships (less than 25% of the tuition I think).
with the three interviewers did you guys send thank you notes?
Yep! One for each
Yep! One for each
did you look up emails or just send to admissions office?
did you look up emails or just send to admissions office?
I just wrote them before leaving campus that day and dropped them off at admissions. I did thank you cards but some people prefer email, up to you!
anyone been complete since august with silence ? 🙁
Try July.anyone been complete since august with silence ? 🙁
+1Try July.
Is it possible to move off the wait list before April?
Is wake receptive to thank you notes or do they prefer that students not send them? I forgot to get the email contacts of my interviewers and cannot find them through Google. I want to know if I should just mail the notes to the admissions office and they can give them to the interviewers. Would it just be better to wait a little while and write a LOI with updates?
Edit: has anyone been accepted without sending either a thank you note or LOI?
Edit: has anyone been accepted without sending either a thank you note or LOI?
Is wake receptive to thank you notes or do they prefer that students not send them? I forgot to get the email contacts of my interviewers and cannot find them through Google. I want to know if I should just mail the notes to the admissions office and they can give them to the interviewers. Would it just be better to wait a little while and write a LOI with updates?
Edit: has anyone been accepted without sending either a thank you note or LOI?
You can get emails from admissions! Thats what i did. If you are less than a week post interview id say send them, and do the update later. Thank you letters are not make or break but they can push you in the right direction.
waaaakkkkkeeeeee.........foooooorrrrrreeeeessssstttttt........send me an ii. GO DEACS!
Do you know about global health opportunities?Anyways, feel free to PM me if you have questions, but if it's a question that other people may benefit from, or another student may also be able to answer, I'd appreciate it if you just posted in this thread. Good luck!
I can't find much info on the site http://www.wakehealth.edu/School/Global-Health/
Are there faculty who do international research?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1I have a feeling my OOS-ness will keep me out of the running at this school, but it's actually one of my top choices. Complete 9/24, and still hoping for an interview. Congrats to all the acceptances!
I think they said about ~27%? Are from NC feeder schools. I'm OOS never even been to NC and didnt fill out any of the optional essays and got an interview don't lose hope!I have a feeling my OOS-ness will keep me out of the running at this school, but it's actually one of my top choices. Complete 9/24, and still hoping for an interview. Congrats to all the acceptances!
Anyone else waiting on a decision at the moment? I know they reviewed my file (post-interview) two days ago and the waiting is driving me a little crazy! I think I've refreshed my email over 50 times today already
Anyone else waiting on a decision at the moment? I know they reviewed my file (post-interview) two days ago and the waiting is driving me a little crazy! I think I've refreshed my email over 50 times today already
Ohh I hear ya - I'm in the same boat. Going by what happened earlier in this cycle, though, I don't expect us to hear back until Monday. (Also, my status is still set at the "an interview has been scheduled..." status)
Best of luck to everyone waiting! Fingers crossed.
This is David Grier, the Dean for Admissions at Wake Forest. We did meet Wednesday night, but the notifications will not go out until late morning or early afternoon on Monday. So there is no need to keep checking today or over the weekend.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K