2014-2015 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is David Grier, the Dean for Admissions at Wake Forest. We did meet Wednesday night, but the notifications will not go out until late morning or early afternoon on Monday. So there is no need to keep checking today or over the weekend.

I really appreciate how clear the admissions committee at WF is with what to expect so thank you very much!
 
My status says that my application is under active consideration (I'm on the wait list). Does this mean that those applicants on the wait list are reviewed at each committee meeting?

Interviewed towards the end of September. OOS (AZ), 4.0, 32. Loved everything about the school and Winston-Salem seems like it would be a great place to live.

Crossing my fingers...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This wait is killing me! I've wanted to go to Wake Med since I was 14. Went there for undergrad and loved it even more. Right now, im stuck in florida but there's no where else id rather be than winston. If I could just receive an interview I could demonstrate my potential and abilities.

APV, I sent in a pre interview LOI. I think they're pretty receptive, but i'm still waiting haha. my colleague is a first year and said that she sent in three updates throughout the process before being waitlisted and subsequently accepted.
 
what are people's thoughts on sending a combined update letter/letter of intent post interview? fell in love with the school during my interview day and want to seal the deal. it can't hurt right? also, is combining the update/LOI odd?
 
Wait listed. Just checked my status online. Very disappointed as this was one of my top choices. Will definitely be sending LOI!!
 
What do you guys think is the recommended wait time between letters of interest? My application was noted as complete on Oct 1st and since then I have sent in two letters of interest (with no ii yet). I would love the opportunity to come and see this school but I don't want to be considered a bother to the admission committee!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you guys think is the recommended wait time between letters of interest? My application was noted as complete on Oct 1st and since then I have sent in two letters of interest (with no ii yet). I would love the opportunity to come and see this school but I don't want to be considered a bother to the admission committee!
I think you might be overdoing it if this is your third letter of interest in just over a month
 
What do you guys think is the recommended wait time between letters of interest? My application was noted as complete on Oct 1st and since then I have sent in two letters of interest (with no ii yet). I would love the opportunity to come and see this school but I don't want to be considered a bother to the admission committee!

I read somewhere on SDN that you should generally wait at least a month after your application is complete before sending an update / letter of interest. Also, a wait list letter I received mentioned that it was appropriate to update them every 5-6 weeks (I would assume this is also appropriate pre-interview invite). Just my two cents, but those are the guidelines I've been following.
 
I read somewhere on SDN that you should generally wait at least a month after your application is complete before sending an update / letter of interest. Also, a wait list letter I received mentioned that it was appropriate to update them every 5-6 weeks (I would assume this is also appropriate pre-interview invite). Just my two cents, but those are the guidelines I've been following.

thank you!
 
Were decisions viewable on the status page before emails were sent out? They are deciding my fate soon! Also, is the waitlist set aside until spring? Or do they actively pull off the waitlist
 
Were decisions viewable on the status page before emails were sent out? They are deciding my fate soon! Also, is the waitlist set aside until spring? Or do they actively pull off the waitlist

My decision was available on the status page about 15 minutes before I received the email. Good luck, think positive.
 
I received the complete email 9/24.... and then nothing. The silence from here is making me sad.

Is there anyone else with silence? Anyone who has called or sent an update with a II as a result? I am tempted to call as someone wrote about in this thread previously, but am not sure what to say without sounding annoying...
 
I received the complete email 9/24.... and then nothing. The silence from here is making me sad.

Is there anyone else with silence? Anyone who has called or sent an update with a II as a result? I am tempted to call as someone wrote about in this thread previously, but am not sure what to say without sounding annoying...

Give it a shot! I sent an ITA/update email last month and got an II shortly after.
 
Last edited:
Give it a shot! I sent an ITA/update email last month (complete in September), and got an II shortly after.
who did you email?

I was complete mid-october. silence since then, but I really like this school and hoping to hear good news soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like Wake must be very different from other schools because other schools have showed us love (we both got a fair number of interviews and you've been accepted already).
Agreed, I sent an update as well, and I've actually worked at their hospital there. I loved Winston-Salem!
 
have a Duke interview coming up, was thinking of sending an ITA to wake... should I just vaguely say I have another interview in the area or should I name the school? What is the standard protocol?

also, it looks like Wake interviews M/W/F can anyone confirm/deny? My Duke interview is on a Monday so Tuesdays would be perfect but ofc I'm not gonna be picky haha
 
have a Duke interview coming up, was thinking of sending an ITA to wake... should I just vaguely say I have another interview in the area or should I name the school? What is the standard protocol?

also, it looks like Wake interviews M/W/F can anyone confirm/deny? My Duke interview is on a Monday so Tuesdays would be perfect but ofc I'm not gonna be picky haha
I personally do not believe that they can look at you badly for interviewing at another competitive school in the area. I would say where. I would also give them as much notice as possible and know it may not get a response...