You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
7
723794
were you middle or upper 1/3 oos?I think I forgot to post this but I withdrew from the waitlist! Good luck to everyone waiting. EVMS seems like a great place! Good Luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone tried to call or know if they're accepting more students?
As someone stated earlier, the class is full. Only if someone drops are they accepting new students.
Long time lurker, first time poster. Got a call offering an acceptance this morning but am going somewhere else. IS, male, middle waitlist, non-urm, actual non-trad, highly mediocre stats (LzM 63-64) but have good ECs. My fingers are crossed for you.
7
723794
do you have any exceptional extra curricular activities or jobs?Long time lurker, first time poster. Got a call offering an acceptance this morning but am going somewhere else. IS, male, middle waitlist, non-urm, actual non-trad, highly mediocre stats (LzM 63-64) but have good ECs. My fingers are crossed for you.
do you have any exceptional extra curricular activities or jobs?
Yes - that was my selling point. Took all pre-reqs/MCAT while working full-time. I was a scribe/CRC for 2 years w 3 pubs, have been an Onc CRC for the last 4 years (so over 10,000 hours full-time work in healthcare/research). also 5 years of volunteering w local youth sports teams. Feel free to PM me
Accepted this morning via email, IS middle 1/3
Accepted yesterday afternoon via email.
OOS Male - Top 1/3
OOS Male - Top 1/3
Any IS females declining their acceptance? Please? 🙂 hehe.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all accepted!
Does anyone know when we find out how much we will receive in loans? Also, is anyone taking out private loans? Thanks!
The website says 30-60 days before orientation. So hopefully soon!
Have you done the entrance counseling and master promissory notes for both federal loans? And if so, about when did you do those?
I got off the waitlist, so that's my next step and I'm just a bit worried
To my knowledge, you don't have to do those until you get the loans.
So you did the FAFSA and the EVMS scholarship thingy...and that's it for now?To my knowledge, you don't have to do those until you get the loans.
So you did the FAFSA and the EVMS scholarship thingy...and that's it for now?
Yep! I've been out of the country for 2 weeks though and haven't checked the financial aid portal, so it's possible there's an update.
Thank you!Yep! I've been out of the country for 2 weeks though and haven't checked the financial aid portal, so it's possible there's an update.
hey guys, I am applying here currently but thought I would post this here to get responses from more experienced people who have already been through the process! how strict is EVMS when they say the secondary must be submitted within 30 days of receiving it? will it matter if you submit after that?
Do you guys mind posting stats such as your gpa and MCAT ?
Do you guys mind posting stats such as your gpa and MCAT ?
3.79, 508 (125/130/125/128)
3.81, 31 (11/11/9)Do you guys mind posting stats such as your gpa and MCAT ?
3.6 sGPA/3.7 GPA, 32 MCAT (OOS, absolutely no ties to EVMS or VA)Do you guys mind posting stats such as your gpa and MCAT ?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K