You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Louisiana State University - Shreveport Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Let do this!
Question: Has anyone else developed a wonderful appreciation for the ADCOM completely based off of the answers on the FAQ page?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question: Has anyone else developed a wonderful appreciation for the ADCOM completely based off of the answers on the FAQ page?
Yeah, the sarcasm and blunt answers are pretty hilarious.
Question: Has anyone else developed a wonderful appreciation for the ADCOM completely based off of the answers on the FAQ page?
Lol that FAQ page has Dr. Kennedy written all over it.
Hey guys. Third time, here we go!
Jaba, any word? Rooting for ya.
Thank you very much! Nothing yet though. Got my things in order for a second go around though.
Has anyone received a secondary yet?
Last edited:
Anybody receive a secondary yet???
Knowing that no one on this board has received a secondary as of yet ameliorates a lot of my anxiety. 🙂
no sirAnybody receive a secondary yet???
Goodluck to everybody in this thread, especially you few from last cycles thread still waiting.
I'll be a MS1 this fall and my wife is applying this cycle early decision. I'm more than happy to answer any questions anybody has!
I'll be a MS1 this fall and my wife is applying this cycle early decision. I'm more than happy to answer any questions anybody has!
Does your link work?Secondary Apps went out this morning. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does your link work?
The links aren't working for my wife.
Does your link work?
In the email? Yes
On the Website? That's a big ole Negative Ghostrider.
I thought it was the computer im on but I guess they aren't working for anyone.
My link worked. If you have your secondary from last year saved on your computer, it is exactly the same. So you can just reuse it.
I'm sure that's fine. You may want to call Mrs. Hill and make sure though.So what if I have 4 people that are sending letters from my university's faculty? There are only 3 spots. Can I just put it in the "Non-Faculty" place with a (Faculty) next to it?
Dr. Kennedy said they're unsure of "what the new scores mean"... but I don't think it's a case of what they will accept or not, just a different interpretation of the scores.Did anyone take the new MCAT? What scores do you think Shreveport will accept?
Have you submitted your secondary yet?Anyone applying ED?
Anyone applying ED?
I was planning on it, but I still haven't received my secondary so I'm getting nervous
Is your AMCAS verified yet?I was planning on it, but I still haven't received my secondary so I'm getting nervous
Are you in-state?I was planning on it, but I still haven't received my secondary so I'm getting nervous
YeppIs your AMCAS verified yet?
YeppAre you in-state?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who wants to talk about diversity?!
Who wants to talk about diversity?!
Don't get too caught up on the word diversity, just try to make yourself sound unique and say how you would make your med school class more well-rounded and what you would add to your class. That's what I did last year.
Anyone else just get an update saying nothing is in your file yet? I mailed it in satruday and had my letters sent in weeks ago
Thank goodness I'm not the only one
Yes that happened to me too! I don't understand what's going on.You got the same?
Did anyone take the new MCAT? What scores do you think Shreveport will accept?
I have heard that 60-70th percentile is considered competitive at the moment.
For both new and old MCATs?I have heard that 60-70th percentile is considered competitive at the moment.
For the most meaningfuls, spaces don't count, right? I copied and pasted my statements and they were all well within the assigned boxes with 300 characters or less not including spaces. However, spaces provide a different story. Maybe I am just being a bit neurotic though?
I mailed mine on Wednesday July 8th and my receipt from the post office said it will be there on the 11th. My e-mail from Shreveport on July 16 said I had everything on file. Hope this helps a bit.You got the same?
ED or Regular Application?
Sent it in today! Post office said it would either be in on the 23rd or 24th! IS RD! Can't wait to interview with y'all and hopefully be future classmates!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
New.
New. For the old MCAT, the average score for accepted applicants is 28 I believe.
For both new and old MCATs?
New. For the old MCAT, the average score for accepted applicants is 28 I believe.
They don't send a secondary until you're verifiedStill waiting for Shreve to send me my secondary! I submitted my primary at the beginning of the month and it is still being verified but Nola sent me their secondary already. Already stressing!
They don't send a secondary until you're verified
Just checked Shreve's website and it says some people receive their secondary's before the primary is verified by aamcs.
