2015-2016 New York Medical College Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

It looks like everyone is stuck. We are not able to fix this without dropping the number of applicants per test. We will need to reschedule everyone.

We'll open up a bunch of timeslots today and tomorrow and rebook everyone. You do not need to do anything and we'll message you as to the re-booking time via email.

Check twitter and for updates:https://twitter.com/take_CASPer

We should have an update by 2pm EDT.

Did they send this in an email? I didn't get anything
 
Twitter: "Give us a moment. We're just opening up test sessions. We'll distribute people more evenly and allow re-booking to tomorrow."

Yeah, should've done this in early July, not mid-August.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What I'm curious about is CASPer's testing model. Their servers are clearly incapable of supporting this many test takers at once. Why not cap the number of test takers and have the test more often (i.e. once a week instead of once a month)?

Can they not think of enough scenarios? It's only 12 cases, and this evidently is not a viable model. People who were ready in July are facing a 10 week delay and it's only going to get worse as more people queue up to take the CASPer test.

YES Thank you!!
 
To think that the August test was perhaps worse than the July one because no one seems to have finished...

How does this site get WORSE after one month?

Maybe because everyone that didn't take the test on the last make up day signed up for this day?
but again they should have predicted this!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Even if they had something like 100 different scenarios, they could randomly generate tests and allow people to take them at their convenience, make them sign a confidentiality agreement, and avoid overloading the servers. Seems like there is one tech dude working at CASPer right now

upload_2015-8-16_13-12-44.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this going to affect the 6pm people as well?

That's what I'm wondering, because if I'm able to, I'd like to take the 6PM test... I think the issue is just that their servers were overloaded and couldn't handle the capacity, so they're going to need to split it up into more time slots so not everybody is taking the test at the same time. Although why their IT issues become our problem is a mystery to me...
 
Still on the video check page... I thankfully have the morning free so I'm just sitting around wondering what's going to happen next. Been on this page for around 40 minutes now, with SDN keeping me company.
 
I'm mid-test, and frozen, why am I getting a rescheduling notice?!?! Just let me finish the exam. One less person to reschedule!

Waiting and eating seemed better than doing another friggin essay for RWJMS. *sigh* But now I'm out of food.
 
That's what I'm wondering, because if I'm able to, I'd like to take the 6PM test... I think the issue is just that their servers were overloaded and couldn't handle the capacity, so they're going to need to split it up into more time slots so not everybody is taking the test at the same time. Although why their IT issues become our problem is a mystery to me...
I think so, because if you try to reschedule the test, the 6PM test doesn't show up anymore
 
Still on the video check page... I thankfully have the morning free so I'm just sitting around wondering what's going to happen next. Been on this page for around 40 minutes now, with SDN keeping me company.
I did the same thing, then logged in again on another tab to find out my test was ended. Does anyone know when CASPer will tell us what new "convenient" time we will be allowed the pleasure of taking this exam again?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still on the video check page... I thankfully have the morning free so I'm just sitting around wondering what's going to happen next. Been on this page for around 40 minutes now, with SDN keeping me company.
I don't think anyone is taking it right now. I am still waiting on the video check page also, but I opened another tab and tried to log back in and the test wasn't there anymore.