-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 New York Medical College Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
still not happy about this AT ALL
Sooo, what about those who are scheduled for 6 pm today??
I think they canceled that one too.
I'm worried about taking it after work because I'll be so tired! anyone else worried?
Would like to have this clarified as wellFrom what I understand, we will be assigned a time to take it today (by e-mail). If we can't do it today, we pick one of the timeslots for tomorrow?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think so. Because they have to break the time into many time slots. And there is just no more time when it is that late alreadyFrom what I understand, we will be assigned a time to take it today (by e-mail). If we can't do it today, we pick one of the timeslots for tomorrow?
rescheduled for tomorrow at 10 am... annoying but whatever
I think they canceled that one too.
I'm worried about taking it after work because I'll be so tired! anyone else worried?
Same here....Work all day on weekdays
I don't think so. Because they have to break the time into many time slots. And there is just no more time when it is that late already
I'm going off this tweet:
"
Take CASPer @take_CASPer 31m31 minutes ago
Everyone will get an email letting you know of your timeslot for today. You can reschedule anytime before or after your test."
So it sounds like you're okay if you miss your allotted timeslot today, but if you want to take it, then great.
I'm going off this tweet:
"Take CASPer @take_CASPer 31m31 minutes ago
Everyone will get an email letting you know of your timeslot for today. You can reschedule anytime before or after your test."
Yeah, I'm waiting until they send me an email before trying to reschedule for tomorrow. I really want to get this over with today.
where does it say that?Hahaha I just logged in because I was wondering if I missed the email. Apparently they went ahead and rescheduled me for 40 minutes from now. Surprise!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It looks like the 6PM test is also canceled for today because I too got the "everyone is stuck message" (Unless that is a message that they sent to everyone).
I just rescheduled for tomorrow at 3PM Eatsern Time just to be sure.
It also says not to do anything unless they e-mail you, so did you just reschedule it yourself through the website even though you received no e-mail? I didn't receive anything yet, so I'm just gonna assume that I'm taking my test at 6PM if not then they will e-mail me to reschedule. This is such an unnecessary hassle.
Log in and see if you get a message. I logged in and it told me my test will start in 30 mins. They sure didnt email me though!where does it say that?
Just got this email.
"
Hello,
We're sorry for wasting your time at noon.
We underestimated how much load would be on our database, and it ground to a halt, affecting login speed and the videos served within the test.
Since the "real" fix requires about a week of work, we're spreading everyone out to address the problem.
We've rescheduled you to 5pm EDT today. We've also opened up 4 optional time slots for tomorrow (Monday, Aug 17th) that you can re-schedule into. If you can reschedule to tomorrow (10am, 2, 6, 8pm EDT), a smooth test experience is assured and it'll help everyone today as well.
How can you help us today?
1) Stay off of takecasper.com unless you need to be there for rescheduling, or your signing into your test. If you don't need to reschedule, wait until your nearer to your test time to login.
2) As mentioned, since performance is load related, if you can reschedule to tomorrow, you'll see much better performance and it'll also help anyone who writes today.
3) When it's test time, you may see slow page loading. Please click buttons only once and be patient. Clicking more than once just further slows things down.
4) Same with refreshing pages. Do it once and be patient.
Best,
The CASPer team"
"
Hello,
We're sorry for wasting your time at noon.
We underestimated how much load would be on our database, and it ground to a halt, affecting login speed and the videos served within the test.
Since the "real" fix requires about a week of work, we're spreading everyone out to address the problem.
We've rescheduled you to 5pm EDT today. We've also opened up 4 optional time slots for tomorrow (Monday, Aug 17th) that you can re-schedule into. If you can reschedule to tomorrow (10am, 2, 6, 8pm EDT), a smooth test experience is assured and it'll help everyone today as well.
How can you help us today?
1) Stay off of takecasper.com unless you need to be there for rescheduling, or your signing into your test. If you don't need to reschedule, wait until your nearer to your test time to login.
2) As mentioned, since performance is load related, if you can reschedule to tomorrow, you'll see much better performance and it'll also help anyone who writes today.
3) When it's test time, you may see slow page loading. Please click buttons only once and be patient. Clicking more than once just further slows things down.
4) Same with refreshing pages. Do it once and be patient.
Best,
The CASPer team"
Have the 6pm people rescheduled their exams or are you guys sticking with this one until we hear from the CASPer team directly? I'm not sure what to do right now.
Have the 6pm people rescheduled their exams or are you guys sticking with this one until we hear from the CASPer team directly? I'm not sure what to do right now.
CASPer will reschedule you for a test later today; if you are not available then, you can reschedule yourself for a time tomorrow.
Just got the email notifying me. But just sign back in. Account.takecasper.com/testwhere does it say that?
This should be weird.
Got an "we've rescheduled you to 5pm EDT today" email but I chose to try again tomorrow at 8pm.
They scheduled me for 5.. wish I could trade someone for the 3 slot lol
I just rescheduled for tomorrow anyway without receiving an email. I probably won't get an email anymore because I am not on today's roster anymore. I don't think it will be a problem. I have it down now for tomorrow at 3PM Eastern Time.
It also says not to do anything unless they e-mail you, so did you just reschedule it yourself through the website even though you received no e-mail? I didn't receive anything yet, so I'm just gonna assume that I'm taking my test at 6PM if not then they will e-mail me to reschedule. This is such an unnecessary hassle.
Good luck everyone taking the 3pm test!!
I feel sorry for the poor people getting what are (I'm sure) irate e-mails and messages about this stuff. At my company, the mantra includes "get the most done by paying the fewest people as little as possible!" Haha, oh well. I guess I'll try again in 1 minute. I didn't like some of my past responses anyways. Haven't taken a typing class in... 15 years? Good luck everyone!
Backatcha. 🙂Good luck everyone taking the 3pm test!!
I wrote to NYMC about the CASPer failure. It is important for the school to know the impact of takecasper's inability to deliver test on time. If we don't speak up, the school will never know the reality. And this ineffectiveness will continue to affect other applicants. We need to push for a change. I also attached the link to this thread in my e-mail to NYMC.
I guess the 3pm test is working for everyone! Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone want to tell me real quick how to change my reservation? I don't see a calendar icon anywhere, just this:
View attachment 195137
That's weird it's usually right above the pencil.
That's weird it's usually right above the pencil.
I think (surprise surprise) there's some kind of issue with my account. I messaged their technical support, hopefully they fix it. I'd really rather take the test tomorrow, after I've had a day to forget about the awfulness of today.
My exam shut down after being more than halfway done with it. This is extremely disappointing.
It won't let you continue even after refreshing?
D
deleted642188
About to this CASPer test at 6PM EST; best luck y'all!!
About to this CASPer test at 6PM EST; best luck y'all!!
I thought the 6pm tests got moved to 7 or 9pm tonight.
With all the craziness today you might just want to double check!
Delete
Last edited:
So I just finished...that was quite the experience.
I literally could not type fast enough to answer all of the questions. I looked at a few of the sample responses before taking it and they had written full paragraphs for answers. I tried to do that for the first few prompts and got wrecked. Who knows how they score it. All I can say is I definitely did not have well thought out or eloquent answers to many of the questions. It ended up being kind of more like just a stream of consciousness.
Oh well....it is over now...thankfully. good luck to everyone else.
Word of advise - do some finger stretching and practice typing fast beforehand! After all you wouldnt do spring a mile without jogging first 🙂
I literally could not type fast enough to answer all of the questions. I looked at a few of the sample responses before taking it and they had written full paragraphs for answers. I tried to do that for the first few prompts and got wrecked. Who knows how they score it. All I can say is I definitely did not have well thought out or eloquent answers to many of the questions. It ended up being kind of more like just a stream of consciousness.
Oh well....it is over now...thankfully. good luck to everyone else.
Word of advise - do some finger stretching and practice typing fast beforehand! After all you wouldnt do spring a mile without jogging first 🙂
So I just finished...that was quite the experience.
I literally could not type fast enough to answer all of the questions. I looked at a few of the sample responses before taking it and they had written full paragraphs for answers. I tried to do that for the first few prompts and got wrecked. Who knows how they score it. All I can say is I definitely did not have well thought out or eloquent answers to many of the questions. It ended up being kind of more like just a stream of consciousness.
Oh well....it is over now...thankfully. good luck to everyone else.
Word of advise - do some finger stretching and practice typing fast beforehand! After all you wouldnt do spring a mile without jogging first 🙂
Agreed on all points. Just... strange. I felt much better about my sprinting hill workout (taken after the failed first attempt, but before I realized I was scheduled at 3pm) than the sprint typing workout. Oh well.
So I was scheduled to take my test at 12 and they rescheduled me to 3. When I initially tried to take the test, I got through one prompt and the 3 questions that go with it. When I went through the question now it like showed me the same video and then skipped through those questions without letting me answer. Did that happen to anyone else who was rescheduled?
Fwiw I used my "final comments" to advocate for the people who got rescheduled to 3pm and ended up missing their tests.
That was kind of fun. I don't think it's any substitute for personal statements and LOR, though.
Anyway. Done. High five. Back to vacation.
That was kind of fun. I don't think it's any substitute for personal statements and LOR, though.
Anyway. Done. High five. Back to vacation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welp. Finished the test a little while ago. I definitely was not able to say everything I wanted to lol. Ah well, at least it's done. Good luck to everyone else!
Delete
Last edited:
Really? I spoke to the tech people through that chat thing and she said that's fine as long as it didn't happen with more than 4 prompts. I even confirmed with her that this wouldn't affect my score. I screen-shotted that crap too so they can't blame me in the future lolYep, and guess what? I texted support and they told me I had to take it again because of that.