2015-2016 New York Medical College Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think anyone is taking it right now. I am still waiting on the video check page also, but I opened another tab and tried to log back in and the test wasn't there anymore.

Yeah, I was mid test and I've been kicked out and my test marked as "complete." I think they're just nuking the whole thing and starting over.
 
I did the same thing, then logged in again on another tab to find out my test was ended. Does anyone know when CASPer will tell us what new "convenient" time we will be allowed the pleasure of taking this exam again?

Yeah, okay, I logged in on Firefox (I've been using Chrome) to find "You have no tests pending (and 1 test completed)"

This better mean I don't have to take it again.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got this message

It looks like everyone is stuck. We are not able to fix this without dropping the number of applicants per test. We will need to reschedule everyone.

We'll open up a bunch of timeslots today and tomorrow and rebook everyone. You do not need to do anything and we'll message you as to the re-booking time via email.

Check twitter and for updates:https://twitter.com/take_CASPer

We should have an update by 2pm EDT.

Thanks,
 
6395742_460s.jpg


Good luck to everyone with rescheduling!
 
Seriously tho. I went to Touro-NY and talked with the students about the school. They were like, "Look, you know how hard it was to get someone to acknowledge your RSVP to come here? It's like that with EVERYTHING. And medical school is already hard enough."

I'm still going to take this test, but I would really really like to know if NYMC properly addresses this issue.
 
It doesn't matter if you refresh or log out now, they've ended everyone's tests so they can reschedule.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Refreshed on the video 1 page and it took me back to the account page that says "You have no tests pending (and 1 test completed)"

Sighh
 
"Hello.

On behalf of Altus Assessment, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced today. We understand that this exam is important for your medical school application and we are aware that your time is very valuable.

We are currently in the process of rescheduling all participants who was affected by our server error earlier today to other exam times throughout today and tomorrow. Please note that at this current time, we kindly request for you to please close your browser and await for further instructions via email. You will be notified as soon as we have completed preparation for the exam enrollment.

We appreciate your patience in this matter and we thank you for your time.

Altus Assessment Customer Support Team?
 
As if charging $120 for a secondary that doesn't actually add anything to my application wasn't enough.

On a side note, I am now seriously contemplating doing some unethical things to CASPer and NYMC, so I guess my test wouldn't be promising anyway
 
Hello.

On behalf of Altus Assessment, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced today. We understand that this exam is important for your medical school application and we are aware that your time is very valuable.

We are currently in the process of rescheduling all participants who was affected by our server error earlier today to other exam times throughout today and tomorrow. Please note that at this current time, we kindly request for you to please close your browser and await for further instructions via email. You will be notified as soon as we have completed preparation for the exam enrollment.

We appreciate your patience in this matter and we thank you for your time.

Altus Assessment Customer Support Team

Just got the same message on my account login page.
 
Seriously tho. I went to Touro-NY and talked with the students about the school. They were like, "Look, you know how hard it was to get someone to acknowledge your RSVP to come here? It's like that with EVERYTHING. And medical school is already hard enough."

I'm still going to take this test, but I would really really like to know if NYMC properly addresses this issue.

Probably not
 
"Also take a moment and, if possible, try to eliminate "bandwidth hogging" sources like Netflix sessions (could be on your TV), torrent downloads or any online games. These may cause videos and test pages to load slowly and/or haltingly."

Oh I'm sorry, so I am the one with the horrible servers and internet connection?
200.gif
 
mine says 1 test completed even though i only finished one section. Wondering if they will send email to schedule also
 
So is the general consensus that we should just quit the test and wait for them to email us?

Yes, the email they sent out requests to close out of the browser:
"Please note that at this current time, we kindly request for you to please close your browser and await for further instructions via email. You will be notified as soon as we have completed preparation for the exam enrollment. "
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rescheduled mine for 2PM EST I guess...

Here are the new times...

Monday, August 17th (EST): 10AM, 2PM, 6PM, 8PM.

They said they're rescheduling people for "today" and tomorrow... No test dates for today as far as I can see. Why can't they just tell us they're not able to fix it for today?!?

Edit: I clicked on the calendar button, 2PM doesn't show up in this image because I already rescheduled mine.

 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So for people like me on the west coast that leave for work at 7 AM and get off at 5:30 PM, retake in September? Awesome. Hopefully they can refund my $