2015-2016 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread

Started by TxC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So is there a 100% correlation between the "additional info" tab and future acceptance? I interviewed in October and just saw the info tab pop up a few days ago, but haven't gotten any notification re decision from penn state. hmmm...what do you guys think?
 
So is there a 100% correlation between the "additional info" tab and future acceptance? I interviewed in October and just saw the info tab pop up a few days ago, but haven't gotten any notification re decision from penn state. hmmm...what do you guys think?

I also received the "additional info" tab a few days ago 12/21... I went through this whole thread to see the correlation between those who got the tab and an acceptance...and it seemed to always follow. As exciting as that evidence sounds, I won't get excited until I receive official word via snail mail. That being said, it definitely sounds promising
 
I also received the "additional info" tab a few days ago 12/21... I went through this whole thread to see the correlation between those who got the tab and an acceptance...and it seemed to always follow. As exciting as that evidence sounds, I won't get excited until I receive official word via snail mail. That being said, it definitely sounds promising

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking too. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it an additional info tab with a social security number question? so confused here.
In the student portal, there is a tab called "additional info". If you click on it, it only shows the last 4 of your social. Initially it wasn't there, but it seems to show up for those who are getting an acceptance package.
 
Last edited:
Accepted!!! Additional info tab 12/18 and received the mail 12/26. I. am. so. HAPPY!
Awesome! Congratulations 🙂 I got the info tab on 12/21, the next business day after you... Been checking my mailbox everyday lol 🙄:heckyeah:
 
Can anyone tell me what the acceptance rate is for Pennsylvannia residents into Pennsylvannia medical schools?
 
Can anyone tell me what the acceptance rate is for Pennsylvannia residents into Pennsylvannia medical schools?
There are only 7 MD schools in PA. You can go to MSAR, look up each school and find its corresponding (IS matriculants/IS applicants) ratio. It's an underestimate of acceptance rate, but it's pretty close.

Per MSAR 2016, Penn State has about 5% rate, Drexel ~6.96%, Jefferson 7.67%, Temple 12.27%, Commonwealth 8.64%, Pitts 4.65%, UPenn 3.5%
 
Last edited:
I interviewed on 11/18 and haven't heard anything back yet! 🙂 Totally loved the school and hoping to hear some great news soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted!!! Additional info tab 12/18 and received the mail 12/26. I. am. so. HAPPY!

Congrats!! Do you mind me asking what state you live in? Just trying to figure out how long the mail is generally taking. And again, congratulations on your acceptance 🙂
 
6 week mark tomorrow for those that interviewed on 11/18. Hoping and praying that we will all receive some good news soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is awesome guys!!! Congrats to every single one of you. Guess 11/18 ppl should hear this week as well!
 
Did anyone notice on the accepted survey that the white coat ceremony date was for 2015? Any idea when it is in 2016?