Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well said 🙂I think it's hard to tell when you don't know all of the factors that go into play. From what I've heard, when you're looking at match lists, you should consider if people are placing in specialties that are generally considered "competitive" to get into. Specialties like ophthalmology, surgery (ortho, plastics, thoracic, etc), anesthesiology, dermatology. From 2014 list, there are 25 that placed in one of those... not including an additional 11 in general surgery. Just thought I'd share just in case someone is reading this forum and is misconstrued in thinking this school isn't capable of providing the necessary tools to place well. Also, don't forget placing is largely based on your individual performance and abilities. I'm one to believe that if you're at a school you're comfortable at and that fits your desires, you have a better chance at being successful in the matching process 🙂