You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread
Started by TxC
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do you think the "unique aspect" question is an opportunity to discuss diversity? Would it be okay if I emphasize something non-science/healthcare related?
I believe that's preferable. You wouldn't believe the incredible mix of talents and hobbies I have seen in the class of 2019. The key for me is that not only are they great in class, but they're people you really want to talk to outside of class as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for another perspective, i wrote the unique aspect prompt on explaining a W i have on my transcript.
congrats, when were you complete?II! OOS, Lizzym70
When were you complete? If you don't mind me asking...II! OOS, Lizzym70
Oh someone already asked. Oops.
Since they don't submit complete emails... (and it showed I was complete upon submission via checks): 7/29.
Does anyone know an alternative / cost effective airport other than Harrisburg? I'm not too sure how I'd get to Philly and back on my schedule (and I'm sub 25 so rental cars will kill me softly)
Does anyone know an alternative / cost effective airport other than Harrisburg? I'm not too sure how I'd get to Philly and back on my schedule (and I'm sub 25 so rental cars will kill me softly)
When were you complete? And LizzyM if you don't mind....II! OOS, but grew up in PA and PSU alum
Submitted secondary, how long does it take to be complete?
I just want to be able to say "we are Penn state"
Best. Feeling. Ever.
yay II 8/18, IS, secondary submitted on 8/9.
PSU undergrad. 🙂 Anyone with interviews on 10/5 pm?
PSU undergrad. 🙂 Anyone with interviews on 10/5 pm?
yay II 8/18, IS, secondary submitted on 8/9.
PSU undergrad. 🙂 Anyone with interviews on 10/5 pm?
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?
Here's my stats, 127, 124, 131, 128 (in the order of MCAT sections). Scores aren't everything though. I think they screen for those who are good fits for their mission.Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?
I thought I would have never got any II with that unbalanced score. But so far I have got 2 IIs: PSCOM and WVU
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went and got myself a 0% apr for 12 months , I have pretty good credit, so if I get blasted with back to back invites I'm not scrambling. I think I found the best route (I'm working on the WC) which is JFK, hang with the fam over the week end, and amtrak it up 🙂Are you coming from Philly? If so, I'd take greyhound or amtrak into Harrisburg. Consider opening up a delta or united travel card early on in the interview cycle. I opened a United card, threw all my purchases on it the first three months and racked up so many points and intro bonus points that I ended up flying to two out of three interviews for free. Just my advice if you're good with money and paying off credit cards.
Saves approx. 2-350$.
im interested in applying here but idk how strict they are about the LORs. I am a non trad and will not be able to obtain a non science or comittee letter. Do I just explain my reasons on the secondary?? not sure what the separate letter to adcom is supposed to be
Hmm application marked complete on the portal as of 7/27, but no email or anything in my communication status tab. Should I call?
Don't call. I was in the same boat and called they assured me as long as the green checks are marked on the portal I was good. Got my II the end of that week.
Sounds like a plan, thank you!
congrats!! IS? mind sharing stats?Don't call. I was in the same boat and called they assured me as long as the green checks are marked on the portal I was good. Got my II the end of that week.
If you don't submit all the required LOR's, your secondary application will be incomplete, and they won't even read your secondary essays. I suggest you call/e-mail the admissions office to see if they can waive the LOR requirement. Good luck!im interested in applying here but idk how strict they are about the LORs. I am a non trad and will not be able to obtain a non science or comittee letter. Do I just explain my reasons on the secondary?? not sure what the separate letter to adcom is supposed to be
II! OOS, LizzyM ~70, secondary submitted 8/1. Woooo!
Congrats! Did you ever receive a complete email?
Congrats! Did you ever receive a complete email?
I'm looking back at my email, and I honestly can't find a complete email, so I'm guessing no? I don't remember getting one either.
Ok thank you! I got a received email but never a complete email. Best of luck to you!
Ok thank you! I got a received email but never a complete email. Best of luck to you!
Thanks! Good luck to you as well! Anyone else interviewing 10/14 I'll see? 🙂
Meh submitted secondary 7/31... Guessing I'm a silent rejection at this point 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Meh submitted secondary 7/31... Guessing I'm a silent rejection at this point 🙁
Man, who else just cringes reading these melodramatic posts? Chill tf out man and stop making assumptions like you know how the process works from the inside out..
Last edited:
Man, who else just cringes reading these melodramatic posts? Chill tf out man and stop making assumptions like you know how the process works from the inside out..
Oh please. That's not even melodramatic by SDN standards. Go check out some of the Caribbean or Post-bacc forums.
I don't go by sdn standards, I go by adult, normal life standards..Oh please. That's not even melodramatic by SDN standards. Go check out some of the Caribbean or Post-bacc forums.
Cool bro. Welcome to the internet.I don't go by sdn standards, I go by adult, normal life standards..
Meh submitted secondary 7/31... Guessing I'm a silent rejection at this point 🙁
Last cycle, I submitted secondary in Oct, received II in Feb, accepted in Apr. Don't lose hope.
I don't go by sdn standards, I go by adult, normal life standards..
Cool bro. Welcome to the internet.
This is you two
Lmao omg let people be dramatic if they want to be. What others consider dramatic might be normal for someone to feel and not dramatic from their standards. I think being encouraging to others will be a better way to handle their negativity, instead of calling them out and making them feel stupid!
Last cycle, I submitted secondary in Oct, received II in Feb, accepted in Apr. Don't lose hope.
Well ****. Nvm then.
I wonder how hectic admissions committee's daily schedules are during application season. The process just seems so random school to school.
congrats!! mind sharing stats and IS?Received a II today for Oct. 7th!!!
congrats!! mind sharing stats and IS?
IS and PSU Undergrad. URM with 3.5 gpa and 501 mcat
It's still August man. Interviews run until the spring so don't sweat silence right now. At least I try not to🙂.Meh submitted secondary 7/31... Guessing I'm a silent rejection at this point 🙁
IS and PSU Undergrad. URM with 3.5 gpa and 501 mcat
When did you submit your secondary? Also IS and URM with similar stats so hoping for some love!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hoping for an II here soon XD
Me too, oh so much..
hoping for an II here soon XD
Wonder if going to PSU vs Temple game Saturday will keep my mind off applications, or continually remind me I haven't heard back from either school.......Go State!
Last edited:
Wonder if going to PSU vs Temple game Saturday will keep my mind off applications, or continually remind me I haven't heard back from either school.......Go State!
I think it should help. I mean whats better than beer, tailgate food, and penn state fight song chants to keep your mind at ease 🙂
Story of my cycle, haha. Good luckSubmitted 7/27. Seems that i've been skipped over for now, hope they come baq to me wit an interview