You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread
Started by TxC
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So I submitted on 7/24 and received the following email:
"Your application has been confirmed as received. Thank you for applying to Penn State College of Medicine. This message is NOT meant to indicate that your application to the College of Medicine is complete. You will receive another email, several weeks from today, informing you that your application is complete and is being submitted to the Admissions Committee for review. You will now be able to re-enter the Secondary Application system to view your application status, but you may not modify your application. For your records, the web site address for the Secondary Application for Admissions is http://admissions.med.psu.edu.
If changes to your Secondary Application are required, please contact the Office of Student Admissions at [email protected] or (717) 531-8755. Otherwise, the Office of Student Admissions will notify you of your application status by email during the next several weeks. If you wish to withdraw your application for any reason, please notify the Office of Student Admissions in writing immediately."
On the application portal, I have all green checks.
However, I have yet to receive a 'your secondary application is complete' email nor have I received an II.
Should I be worried that something went wrong with my application processing and give them a call or continue to wait?
"Your application has been confirmed as received. Thank you for applying to Penn State College of Medicine. This message is NOT meant to indicate that your application to the College of Medicine is complete. You will receive another email, several weeks from today, informing you that your application is complete and is being submitted to the Admissions Committee for review. You will now be able to re-enter the Secondary Application system to view your application status, but you may not modify your application. For your records, the web site address for the Secondary Application for Admissions is http://admissions.med.psu.edu.
If changes to your Secondary Application are required, please contact the Office of Student Admissions at [email protected] or (717) 531-8755. Otherwise, the Office of Student Admissions will notify you of your application status by email during the next several weeks. If you wish to withdraw your application for any reason, please notify the Office of Student Admissions in writing immediately."
On the application portal, I have all green checks.
However, I have yet to receive a 'your secondary application is complete' email nor have I received an II.
Should I be worried that something went wrong with my application processing and give them a call or continue to wait?
So I submitted on 7/24 and received the following email:
"Your application has been confirmed as received. Thank you for applying to Penn State College of Medicine. This message is NOT meant to indicate that your application to the College of Medicine is complete. You will receive another email, several weeks from today, informing you that your application is complete and is being submitted to the Admissions Committee for review. You will now be able to re-enter the Secondary Application system to view your application status, but you may not modify your application. For your records, the web site address for the Secondary Application for Admissions is http://admissions.med.psu.edu.
If changes to your Secondary Application are required, please contact the Office of Student Admissions at [email protected] or (717) 531-8755. Otherwise, the Office of Student Admissions will notify you of your application status by email during the next several weeks. If you wish to withdraw your application for any reason, please notify the Office of Student Admissions in writing immediately."
On the application portal, I have all green checks.
However, I have yet to receive a 'your secondary application is complete' email nor have I received an II.
Should I be worried that something went wrong with my application processing and give them a call or continue to wait?
You need to call the admissions office. No one on some anonymous website can tell you what's happening with your specific app..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I submitted on 7/24 and received the following email:
"Your application has been confirmed as received. Thank you for applying to Penn State College of Medicine. This message is NOT meant to indicate that your application to the College of Medicine is complete. You will receive another email, several weeks from today, informing you that your application is complete and is being submitted to the Admissions Committee for review. You will now be able to re-enter the Secondary Application system to view your application status, but you may not modify your application. For your records, the web site address for the Secondary Application for Admissions is http://admissions.med.psu.edu.
If changes to your Secondary Application are required, please contact the Office of Student Admissions at [email protected] or (717) 531-8755. Otherwise, the Office of Student Admissions will notify you of your application status by email during the next several weeks. If you wish to withdraw your application for any reason, please notify the Office of Student Admissions in writing immediately."
On the application portal, I have all green checks.
However, I have yet to receive a 'your secondary application is complete' email nor have I received an II.
Should I be worried that something went wrong with my application processing and give them a call or continue to wait?
I believe someone in a previous post stated that was the last email they received before the II e-mail. I wouldn't sweat it too much. Still early in the interview invite process.
I believe someone in a previous post stated that was the last email they received before the II e-mail. I wouldn't sweat it too much. Still early in the interview invite process.
Coolio! Thanks for the tip!
Anyone get a II and not get a "received" email?
I have this too....No II, but I submitted 7/24 and have all green checks.So I submitted on 7/24 and received the following email:
"Your application has been confirmed as received. Thank you for applying to Penn State College of Medicine. This message is NOT meant to indicate that your application to the College of Medicine is complete. You will receive another email, several weeks from today, informing you that your application is complete and is being submitted to the Admissions Committee for review. You will now be able to re-enter the Secondary Application system to view your application status, but you may not modify your application. For your records, the web site address for the Secondary Application for Admissions is http://admissions.med.psu.edu.
If changes to your Secondary Application are required, please contact the Office of Student Admissions at [email protected] or (717) 531-8755. Otherwise, the Office of Student Admissions will notify you of your application status by email during the next several weeks. If you wish to withdraw your application for any reason, please notify the Office of Student Admissions in writing immediately."
On the application portal, I have all green checks.
However, I have yet to receive a 'your secondary application is complete' email nor have I received an II.
Should I be worried that something went wrong with my application processing and give them a call or continue to wait?
So I submitted on 7/24 and received the following email:
"Your application has been confirmed as received. Thank you for applying to Penn State College of Medicine. This message is NOT meant to indicate that your application to the College of Medicine is complete. You will receive another email, several weeks from today, informing you that your application is complete and is being submitted to the Admissions Committee for review. You will now be able to re-enter the Secondary Application system to view your application status, but you may not modify your application. For your records, the web site address for the Secondary Application for Admissions is http://admissions.med.psu.edu.
If changes to your Secondary Application are required, please contact the Office of Student Admissions at [email protected] or (717) 531-8755. Otherwise, the Office of Student Admissions will notify you of your application status by email during the next several weeks. If you wish to withdraw your application for any reason, please notify the Office of Student Admissions in writing immediately."
On the application portal, I have all green checks.
However, I have yet to receive a 'your secondary application is complete' email nor have I received an II.
Should I be worried that something went wrong with my application processing and give them a call or continue to wait?
I have this too....No II, but I submitted 7/24 and have all green checks.
+1 but submitted 8/2. I actually called the admissions office a week ago because I was worried about the LOR requirements. The lady was super nice, but fairly unhelpful. She pretty much said that if you have the green checks then they'll look at your application. And that's that. I had a question about whether one of my letters accurately covered the requirement, and she said she "was sure it was fine" and again insisted that If there we have the green checks, that's as much as they can tell us.
I'm an MS2 here at penn state in Hershey. If you have any questions about the school itself, feel free to ask me (send me a message or quote this post). I don't remember much about the application process other than I must have gotten lucky because I got through to the other side. I look forward to seeing some of you at interview lunches in the future!
Today? And to think I thought my weekend was safe.II!! OOS LizzyM 70 - 72.
So I submitted on 7/24 and received the following email:
"Your application has been confirmed as received. Thank you for applying to Penn State College of Medicine. This message is NOT meant to indicate that your application to the College of Medicine is complete. You will receive another email, several weeks from today, informing you that your application is complete and is being submitted to the Admissions Committee for review. You will now be able to re-enter the Secondary Application system to view your application status, but you may not modify your application. For your records, the web site address for the Secondary Application for Admissions is http://admissions.med.psu.edu.
If changes to your Secondary Application are required, please contact the Office of Student Admissions at [email protected] or (717) 531-8755. Otherwise, the Office of Student Admissions will notify you of your application status by email during the next several weeks. If you wish to withdraw your application for any reason, please notify the Office of Student Admissions in writing immediately."
On the application portal, I have all green checks.
However, I have yet to receive a 'your secondary application is complete' email nor have I received an II.
Should I be worried that something went wrong with my application processing and give them a call or continue to wait?
Same here. Same day even.
Complete date?II!! OOS LizzyM 70 - 72.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed today. I must say, I was really pleasantly surprised. I think this is the kind of school that can be underestimated as an MD school because of its lower average GPA & MCAT scores. The atmosphere was great, the students were genuine and happy, they spoke highly of the faculty, and the area is very safe. The interviews were conversational for the most part, although both of my interviewers asked some textbook questions (why medicine, why PSU, what's a book you've recently read, what's wrong with healthcare, to name a few). They also very obviously read through my application and had notes on it and asked specific questions about experiences, shadowing, volunteering, etc. Overall, though, very low stress interviews and the school seems really great.
Good luck everyone!
Good luck everyone!
Good luck!Interviewed today. I must say, I was really pleasantly surprised. I think this is the kind of school that can be underestimated as an MD school because of its lower average GPA & MCAT scores. The atmosphere was great, the students were genuine and happy, they spoke highly of the faculty, and the area is very safe. The interviews were conversational for the most part, although both of my interviewers asked some textbook questions (why medicine, why PSU, what's a book you've recently read, what's wrong with healthcare, to name a few). They also very obviously read through my application and had notes on it and asked specific questions about experiences, shadowing, volunteering, etc. Overall, though, very low stress interviews and the school seems really great.
Good luck everyone!
Sorry a little late, I just now saw this. I was complete 8/6Complete date?
Sorry a little late, I just now saw this. I was complete 8/6
How long did it take for you to get the complete email after submitting your secondary?
I never got a complete email. I just got a "Secondary Received" email, but never a complete email.How long did it take for you to get the complete email after submitting your secondary?
I never got a complete email. I just got a "Secondary Received" email, but never a complete email.
Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better! Congrats on your II and good luck!
First II today! I'm very excited about PSU and would love to go here. IS ~ 68 for those wondering
Congrats! When were you complete?First II today! I'm very excited about PSU and would love to go here. IS ~ 68 for those wondering
For everyone wondering about the complete email, I'd say don't worry about receiving one that much. I submitted my secondary today at 1 pm and literally received the "received" and "complete" email 1 minute after I clicked on the submit button. So unless they prescreened my app without looking at my secondary I don't think the complete email is indicative of anything. Then again I could be totally wrong so put on your foil hats and try to figure out what that meant haha
Guys I had a complete email very soon after submitting and I have a II...its not a bad thing it just means your application is ready to be read.
That's when i was complete too!Really dig this school. Hope I get an II. Complete 9/3
I really really love this school, hoping for some love. 29/29/515,
3.5/3.2
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
https://admissions.med.psu.eduAll of my emails got deleted from an unknown error. Can somebody please reply to this post with the link to log in to the applicant portal?
I was told this: "The College of Medicine is interested in the broad educational background of its applicants, and strongly recommends a letter of recommendation from one non science professor. If you cannot meet this requirement, you should explain why in your Secondary Application, and the Committee will weigh this in consideration of your application."Did anyone get an II without meeting the LOR requirement?
And I don't have a II.
I was told this: "The College of Medicine is interested in the broad educational background of its applicants, and strongly recommends a letter of recommendation from one non science professor. If you cannot meet this requirement, you should explain why in your Secondary Application, and the Committee will weigh this in consideration of your application."
And I don't have a II.
Where would one include such a statement? They don't give us an optional portion...
I think I threw it randomly in my "reapplicant improval section" lolWhere would one include such a statement? They don't give us an optional portion...
whelp, I guess this is one more school that's going in the tubes...I think I threw it randomly in my "reapplicant improval section" lol
Has anyone who applied for the curriculum partner program heard back yet?
Has anyone who applied for the curriculum partner program heard back yet?
Nope. Although I don't think we really "applied", it says it's not binding nor is it guaranteed that we will get a spot. And that it has no impact on our acceptance.
noHas anyone who applied for the curriculum partner program heard back yet?
no.
They told me at the interview they would consider that after you were accepted. So not yet.Has anyone who applied for the curriculum partner program heard back yet?
Can anyone give some traveling suggestions (which hotel/motel to stay in, which car service to use, and how to get from NYC to Penn State)? I don't have much money and want to be as cost effective as possible. Any help is appreciated!
I'm currently in Hershey halfway through my MD/PhD interview.
If you have a car the most time and cost effective way from NYC to Hershey is to drive.
I do not have a car so I am taking the train. It was cheaper than a plane and the same cost as a bus and much faster.
Amtrak to Harrisburg and then cab to Hershey or some hotels might have a shuttle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I love how they have 4 "societies" here into which the new students will be sorted into. All we need is a sorting hat, then it would be like Hogwarts lol. Indeed one society has a snake symbol and one has a lion
me too. Penn state. me too please, please come on.I want an II here so bad 🙁 come on Penn State
the campus is cute and there is a starbucks right inside! 😀!