2015-2016 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread

Started by TxC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agggh got the "committee will review again at a later date" on hold email today that I got last year 🙁. Anyone else get this yet?

*edit- I posted this after I saw that others got it too. Good luck to us! Haha
 
+1

Are there different levels of hold or is this just a generic "you're on hold until we reject?"

I was put on last year and rejected two months later. But I've known of people who were put on it, invited for an interview, and ultimately accepted. Anything can happen.
 
put on hold as well---expecting an outright rejection so I'm pleasantly surprised. Has anyone actually received a straight up "no" pre-II?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pushed off for re-review aswell....LizzyM 73, In state. Should I take this decision as a reflection of what my other outcomes might look like? Or does Penn State really value fit or something else that's poignant and may not be on my application?
 
I've been complete since beginning of September, LizzyM ~72. I didn't get an email about being on hold, I wonder if this silence is a bad thing??
 
I've been complete since beginning of September, LizzyM ~72. I didn't get an email about being on hold, I wonder if this silence is a bad thing??

I wouldnt worry about it since most ppl receiving feedback today were complete last week of Aug. I, on the other hand, WAS complete the last week of August, so I'm contemplating my fate atm.
 
I called admissions about this back in August. The complete emails have a glitch and don't get sent to everyone, the only things that matter are the green checks in the status tab.

(never received a complete email, got an II)
thanks!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 9/14 and still silence. Maybe they haven't gotten to that date yet given the posts above? Idk what to think anymore of this application process.
I submitted my secondary application last week and I got the pre-interview hold email this morning. Very fast turnaround. Any thoughts on this?

Well there goes my theory. Guess a silent rejection it is...
 
If you don't get a "hold" by the end of today ,thats's probably a good sign. I was put on hold today. OOS same complete date. Good luck.

Not sure if that would be a good sign. It seems to me they would invite those they were interested in, "hold" those they were interested in, but not enough for II, and not respond/reject all other applicants.
 
Has anyone moved from being put on hold (no rejection but no interview at this time) to getting an interview invite in the last few cycles?
I'm OOS so I imagine that reduces the likelihood to an even lower level than it's already at
 
According to last year's thread, 3 out of the 52 posters (~6%) who wrote that they had received a pre-interview hold received interviews later on in the cycle. Also, applicants were placed on pre-II hold in waves as far as Feb/March. Take from this what you will.
 
According to last year's thread, 3 out of the 52 posters (~6%) who wrote that they had received a pre-interview hold received interviews later on in the cycle. Also, applicants were placed on pre-II hold in waves as far as Feb/March. Take from this what you will.
Thanks for the information
 
According to last year's thread, 3 out of the 52 posters (~6%) who wrote that they had received a pre-interview hold received interviews later on in the cycle. Also, applicants were placed on pre-II hold in waves as far as Feb/March. Take from this what you will.

So maybe getting skipped over is a good sign? As opposed to a preII hold? Who knows :shrug:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad