You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Saint Louis University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
been on the alternate list since mid-March and no email about the updates :/ *sigh*
*
*
also just got the email. does getting this email later mean anything. I interviewed back in December if that might help?I just received the email as well!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it would make sense if they sent it in the order of when you were wait listed..i could be wrong...OR it could be random. Let's not be quick to try to "figure out" things lol this whole process is beyond what we know
Did anyone get a chance to ask if there is meaning behind the order in which the waitlist was sent? If not, can anyone from previous years please speak on the meaning of the order in which they send out the "intent to remain on the waitlist" email?
I interview in Feb and waitlisted March got the email on April 21st. Idk we may just be overthinking this which is usually the case during application cycle.
I interview in Feb and waitlisted March got the email on April 21st. Idk we may just be overthinking this which is usually the case during application cycle.
+1
Should I do anything if I never received the email or no? The anxiety is high.
i would give them a call...at least to relieve your anxiety..and could mean your rank position just hasn't been assigned yetShould I do anything if I never received the email or no? The anxiety is high.
Let me know if you call them.Should I do anything if I never received the email or no? The anxiety is high.
When did you interview meow or never??
Just withdrew. Hope it goes to one of you!
They didn't send an email back to you did they? I sent it to [email protected] so Im just checking..Just withdrew. Hope it goes to one of you!
I got a reply informing me that they got my withdrawal and would be sending me my deposit back. I believe that's the email I sent it to too.They didn't send an email back to you did they? I sent it to [email protected] so Im just checking..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
02/01When did you interview meow or never??
Let me know if you call them.
They said that the email went out to people who interviewed earlier in the cycle apparently? And they said that unless they got a request in writing to be taken off the waitlist, that you will still be under consideration
Just got in off the alternate list! SOOOOO STOKED 
inb4: interviewed early Jan, alternate listed in March, got the email around 2pm SLU time.

inb4: interviewed early Jan, alternate listed in March, got the email around 2pm SLU time.
Wow! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!Just got in off the alternate list! SOOOOO STOKED
inb4: interviewed early Jan, alternate listed in March, got the email around 2pm SLU time.
Just got in off the alternate list! SOOOOO STOKED
inb4: interviewed early Jan, alternate listed in March, got the email around 2pm SLU time.
Congrats!!! Did you receive an email or phone call?!
woops, just read you said "email"...haha congrats again!!
Can any current students talk about what they like/don't like about the school, city, etc.
I'm trying to pick between SLU and my middle of no where state school and I could use some help.![]()
I think there was a pretty good discussion about this topic in the thread from the last application cycle. The city gets a bad rap, but it's a cheap place to live and is relatively safe and up and coming, especially where all the students will live. It is no big city, ofc, but I feel like it's really easy for me to catch a good concert, Blues (LGB!) or Cardinals game, or go to one of the many random events around the city when I'm not studying. I chose SLU over a middle of nowhere state school as well and it was the prospect of being in a city and closer to my family (on top of the what I liked from the curriculum and resources) that helped make my decision for me. If you are already in and in that admitted student facebook page, definitely message one of the current M1s who lead the group. I feel like most will be biased in their opinions, but might give you more insight into how they like living in St. Louis as a med student.
I did. PM if you have questions.Has anyone else been accepted off the waitlist here yet?
Do a lot of people generally get in off the waitlist at SLU?
I did. PM if you have questions.
Did you get off today or yesterday?
D
deleted702880
I got in yesterday, interviewed mid February with Dr. Sonia Chacko. Waitlist seems to move pretty fast.Has anyone else been accepted off the waitlist here yet?
Do a lot of people generally get in off the waitlist at SLU?
Anyone accepted from WL recently get that email about staying on the alternative list?
I took one of the compulsory courses slu asks for online but the course can be taken in class. course code wise it is no different from the in class one on my transcript. just read on the slu faq that we cant count online courses for the requirements. Does this mean my course will not count or do they just mean courses that are solely offered online are not allowed to fulfill the requirements? Anyone know?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering to everyone who are getting off the waitlist what were your stats?I got in yesterday, interviewed mid February with Dr. Sonia Chacko. Waitlist seems to move pretty fast.
I took one of the compulsory courses slu asks for online but the course can be taken in class. course code wise it is no different from the in class one on my transcript. just read on the slu faq that we cant count online courses for the requirements. Does this mean my course will not count or do they just mean courses that are solely offered online are not allowed to fulfill the requirements? Anyone know?
1) is it a general med school pre-req? If so your problem might not be isolated to SLU
2) is there any way that someone who looks at your transcript can differentiate between it being an online/classroom course?
1) is it a general med school pre-req? If so your problem might not be isolated to SLU
2) is there any way that someone who looks at your transcript can differentiate between it being an online/classroom course?
just checked with my school the course on transcript looks no different than the online one since we learn the same things and do all the same assignments the only difference would be we would see lectures via streaming rather than sitting in class to take the course. They said even if they asked the school would just tell them I took the course and not that it was online so at least my school won't rat me out if they ask. hopefully this doesnt affect my chances Q_Q
D
deleted702880
3.705 GPA 36 MCAT OOS (CA) ORMJust wondering to everyone who are getting off the waitlist what were your stats?
Edit: also I'm a reapplicant if that helps. If you have applied or will apply here in the future then feel free to ask me any questions you might have!
Last edited by a moderator:
just checked with my school the course on transcript looks no different than the online one since we learn the same things and do all the same assignments the only difference would be we would see lectures via streaming rather than sitting in class to take the course. They said even if they asked the school would just tell them I took the course and not that it was online so at least my school won't rat me out if they ask. hopefully this doesnt affect my chances Q_Q
They won't know it was online if it isn't indicated on your transcript, I'm sure your chances are unaffected.
Any movement?
None here.Any movement?
Accepted from the alternate list on Monday morning!
Accepted from the alternate list on Monday morning!
Congrats!! When did you interview/get waitlisted?
Thanks! Interviewed on 2/29, wait listed on 4/7Congrats!! When did you interview/get waitlisted?
Anyone get in today? What time do they usually send out the emails?
Just got in today. And cause I know when I was waiting I was always stupidly curious.
Interview Data: 2/9
GPA: 3.77 Overall.
3.77 science
Mcat 515.
Interview Data: 2/9
GPA: 3.77 Overall.
3.77 science
Mcat 515.
I think there was a pretty good discussion about this topic in the thread from the last application cycle. The city gets a bad rap, but it's a cheap place to live and is relatively safe and up and coming, especially where all the students will live. It is no big city, ofc, but I feel like it's really easy for me to catch a good concert, Blues (LGB!) or Cardinals game, or go to one of the many random events around the city when I'm not studying. I chose SLU over a middle of nowhere state school as well and it was the prospect of being in a city and closer to my family (on top of the what I liked from the curriculum and resources) that helped make my decision for me. If you are already in and in that admitted student facebook page, definitely message one of the current M1s who lead the group. I feel like most will be biased in their opinions, but might give you more insight into how they like living in St. Louis as a med student.
Hey it was posted earlier in the thread but I can't find it at the moment (or maybe it was at my interview day can't remember). Someone mentioned that a lot of students live in an apartment complex (a lot of students from SLU as well as from Wash U) do you know the name of the apartment building.
D
deleted702880
Hey it was posted earlier in the thread but I can't find it at the moment (or maybe it was at my interview day can't remember). Someone mentioned that a lot of students live in an apartment complex (a lot of students from SLU as well as from Wash U) do you know the name of the apartment building.
I, too, would like to know this. I heard that most students just live around campus with mostly undergrads in the nearby apartment towers. I've been looking at apartments mostly around in Shaw and Tiffany because I want to be able to walk/bike to campus and clinic with relative ease.
Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure of an apartment complex name but most WUMS students live in the Central West End area and slusom students do as well.Hey it was posted earlier in the thread but I can't find it at the moment (or maybe it was at my interview day can't remember). Someone mentioned that a lot of students live in an apartment complex (a lot of students from SLU as well as from Wash U) do you know the name of the apartment building.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! if you don't mind, when did you interview? and what were your stats?accepted off waitlist today! declining my offer and hope it goes to one of you. Good luck.
My boyfriend was just accepted off of the wait list yesterday! He interviewed sometime in February (I want to say around the middle?), his GPA is 3.9, and his MCAT is 33.
This weekend, he's looking for apartments, so if anyone has any suggestions of where to look for one person, close to campus, it would be much appreciated so I can pass it on to him! 🙂
This weekend, he's looking for apartments, so if anyone has any suggestions of where to look for one person, close to campus, it would be much appreciated so I can pass it on to him! 🙂
I interviewed on 1/19.Congratulations! if you don't mind, when did you interview? and what were your stats?
