2015-2016 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Week 6 for me, hoping the committee meeting is next week
me too, I mean they said 6-8 weeks but i didnt think i was actually going to have to wait till the 8th week. I just hope it doesn't take longer than that.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I was placed on committee hold 6 weeks post-interview so it's a last ditch effort. Do they really make a difference?

I have a vague recollection of them saying send the fafsa form in if you're deferred as well. I would go for it because I'd rather be safe than sorry haha

Yep. This is what was told to me on my interview day as well as on several other interview days at different schools. Not presumptuous at all, it's thinking ahead and definitely being rather safe than sorry.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck guys!!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed on February 1st and there is supposed to be a committee meeting today. Do you think there is a good chance that I'll hear back this week?

I interviewed on February 1st and there is supposed to be a committee meeting today. Do you think there is a good chance that I'll hear back this week?
I hope so, I interviewed mid January and I still haven't heard back either

I hope so, I interviewed mid January and I still haven't heard back either
Same here. It sounds like those who interviewed Jan 11 have heard back, but not those from Jan 15. Hopefully we'll get a decision by the end of this week.

I have also seen some rejections on the MDApplicants website as well.

interviewed 2/1 and just deferred. Really disappointed about the whole thing but trying to stay optimistic

Reactions: 2 users
If TCMC is your first choice and you get deferred, would a letter of intent help?

Members don't see this ad :)
If TCMC is your first choice and you get deferred, would a letter of intent help?
interviewed 2/1 and just deferred. Really disappointed about the whole thing but trying to stay optimistic

Looking at other posts from current students, a letter of intent seems like it would help! Also disappointed but trying to stay optimistic! Will probably write a letter of intent myself, hoping for the best for everyone, both from TCMC and other schools y'all have applied to :)

Also interviewed on Feb 1 and got an email about being deferred this morning.

Interviewed February 1st and didn't get anything yet. Do they send rejections through email or just through the mail?

Last edited:
Mail. Not hearing today is not necessarily a bad thing though....your acceptance letter might be on its way ;)
For all those deferred today, Hang in there! You wont have to wait for a final decision for several months like some of us here....you will know where you stand either end of this month or April.
They send acceptances through email first, right? And do you think people who are accepted will be emailed tomorrow?

They send acceptances through email first, right? And do you think people who are accepted will be emailed tomorrow?

From my experience, people were deferred 1-2 days before I got my acceptance! Rejections usually came through snail mail so >4-5 days after deferrals.

Got deffered but will be withdrawing since I'm already in at my top choice. Good luck to you all!

Has anyone had any luck calling the admissions office for an update? Acceptances will likely go out today and I'm extremely anxious

Last edited:
Has anyone had any lick calling the admissions office for an update? Acceptances will likely go out today and I'm extremely anxious
Do they send out acceptances late in the day?

Anyone hear anything today?

Hey guys did anyone else that interviewed on 1/25 hear back yet? I've only seen responses from the 1/20 and 2/1 interview dates, so i'm starting to get a little nervous :/

Accepted this morning!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just received the acceptance e-mail!

I'm thrilled. This is my second year applying to med school, and my dream has finally come true. Hang in there if you didn't get accepted this year. With hard work and tenacity, anything can happen.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted this morning via email around 9AM. Interviewed on 1/20, OOS.

I'm absolutely ecstatic! I love this school already! For everyone else still waiting, good vibes and good luck :)))

Interviewed in September, deferred in October, I'm hoping I hear good news soon. My heart can only take so many committee meetings

Interviewed in September, deferred in October, I'm hoping I hear good news soon. My heart can only take so many committee meetings

Same but it seems like they sent out all the acceptances for this go-round in the morning. I'm not gonna expect any news until the next meeting.

Same but it seems like they sent out all the acceptances for this go-round in the morning. I'm not gonna expect any news until the next meeting.
Looks like you're right. Do you think we've been put on a wait list? Does TCMC even have one?

They do make one at the end of their season. I'd imagine they wait until then to actually put applicants on it but I'm sure a good amount of deferrals end up on it. Although it's definitely not a good sign that I got deferred in October,they've apparently reviewed my app at every meeting and have yet to send an acceptance, I'm going to stay positive...perhaps time to send that second update.

Edit: words

Last edited:
If we are not accepted/rejected after the meeting at the end of this month, we will be put on the alternate list...I think at this point it will all depend on how many accepted students withdraw between now and end of April.

When exactly is the next meeting?

Well... Speculation here, but I'd guess that the next committee meeting would be either the the first Monday of April (like how the other committee meetings have been the first Monday of the month) or perhaps the last week of March depending on how quickly they'd like to wrap up decisions after the final interviews, which are today.

happy for everyone accepted but sad at myself for getting deferred :(