2015-2016 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yeah, I was placed on committee hold 6 weeks post-interview so it's a last ditch effort. Do they really make a difference?
 
I have a vague recollection of them saying send the fafsa form in if you're deferred as well. I would go for it because I'd rather be safe than sorry haha

Yep. This is what was told to me on my interview day as well as on several other interview days at different schools. Not presumptuous at all, it's thinking ahead and definitely being rather safe than sorry.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on February 1st and there is supposed to be a committee meeting today. Do you think there is a good chance that I'll hear back this week?
 
I interviewed on February 1st and there is supposed to be a committee meeting today. Do you think there is a good chance that I'll hear back this week?
I hope so, I interviewed mid January and I still haven't heard back either
 
If TCMC is your first choice and you get deferred, would a letter of intent help?
interviewed 2/1 and just deferred. Really disappointed about the whole thing but trying to stay optimistic

Looking at other posts from current students, a letter of intent seems like it would help! Also disappointed but trying to stay optimistic! Will probably write a letter of intent myself, hoping for the best for everyone, both from TCMC and other schools y'all have applied to 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed February 1st and didn't get anything yet. Do they send rejections through email or just through the mail?
 
Mail. Not hearing today is not necessarily a bad thing though....your acceptance letter might be on its way 😉
For all those deferred today, Hang in there! You wont have to wait for a final decision for several months like some of us here....you will know where you stand either end of this month or April.
They send acceptances through email first, right? And do you think people who are accepted will be emailed tomorrow?
 
They send acceptances through email first, right? And do you think people who are accepted will be emailed tomorrow?

From my experience, people were deferred 1-2 days before I got my acceptance! Rejections usually came through snail mail so >4-5 days after deferrals.
 
Has anyone had any luck calling the admissions office for an update? Acceptances will likely go out today and I'm extremely anxious
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys did anyone else that interviewed on 1/25 hear back yet? I've only seen responses from the 1/20 and 2/1 interview dates, so i'm starting to get a little nervous :/
 
Interviewed in September, deferred in October, I'm hoping I hear good news soon. My heart can only take so many committee meetings

Same but it seems like they sent out all the acceptances for this go-round in the morning. I'm not gonna expect any news until the next meeting.
 
Same but it seems like they sent out all the acceptances for this go-round in the morning. I'm not gonna expect any news until the next meeting.
Looks like you're right. Do you think we've been put on a wait list? Does TCMC even have one?
 
They do make one at the end of their season. I'd imagine they wait until then to actually put applicants on it but I'm sure a good amount of deferrals end up on it. Although it's definitely not a good sign that I got deferred in October,they've apparently reviewed my app at every meeting and have yet to send an acceptance, I'm going to stay positive...perhaps time to send that second update.

Edit: words
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we are not accepted/rejected after the meeting at the end of this month, we will be put on the alternate list...I think at this point it will all depend on how many accepted students withdraw between now and end of April.

When exactly is the next meeting?
 
Well... Speculation here, but I'd guess that the next committee meeting would be either the the first Monday of April (like how the other committee meetings have been the first Monday of the month) or perhaps the last week of March depending on how quickly they'd like to wrap up decisions after the final interviews, which are today.