-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thanks. OOSCongrats ! IS or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just withdrew my acceptance. I'm sad to see it go, but it's just so much more expensive than the other schools I was accepted to. Congratulations to those of you who are accepted and planning to attend, and good luck to those of you waiting to hear back (I hope you get my seat)!
Does anybody know when we're supposed to get finaid stuff?
I was wondering the same thing. Did anybody hear about scholarships?Does anybody know when we're supposed to get finaid stuff?
I think I remember reading that financial aid letters are sent early in April. I have no idea where I read that though.I was wondering the same thing. Did anybody hear about scholarships?
Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile
where is that info?Financial aid packages are available online. Did anybody get anything other than loans?
When do we know about waitlists? I was deferred since November and have not heard a peep since then. Has anyone been rejected after initially being deferred, or has everyone just been passed over a million times waiting for more silence?
When do we know about waitlists? I was deferred since November and have not heard a peep since then. Has anyone been rejected after initially being deferred, or has everyone just been passed over a million times waiting for more silence?
I've been passed over a million times - also deferred since November! Assuming I'll move to the wait list soon
The entering class four years ago only had 65 or so students. The class size increased to 100 when TCMC became fully accredited.67 students matched... I thought the class size was closer to 100... What happened to the other 40ish?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe if you received a scholarship you would have already been notified-- I got mine weeks ago. However, I'm not sure if that's true for all the scholarships given by the school or just some/the one I got. I still haven't gotten my financial aid package yet, but according to the email they just sent us, it should be available online soon via Empower Web.Financial aid packages are available online. Did anybody get anything other than loans?
Is anyone else unable to log onto Empower Web? I got the email notice that the financial aid package is available but can't log on when I click the link.
Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile
Is anyone else unable to log onto Empower Web? I got the email notice that the financial aid package is available but can't log on when I click the link.
Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile
I was able to get in when I checked it.
Hmm. I assume using the same credentials provided for the my.tcmc.edu site? And without changing the password?I was able to get in when I checked it.
Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile
Hmm. I assume using the same credentials provided for the my.tcmc.edu site? And without changing the password?
Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile
Yep
Thank you. I guess I'll give them a call if I can't figure it out.
Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile
Let me know if you get it figured out. I can't get in either.Thank you. I guess I'll give them a call if I can't figure it out.
Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile
Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile
just withdrew my acceptance. still sad because I really loved this school. hope my spot goes to one of you!
The Commonwealth Medical College (TCMC), Scranton, PA c/o 2016
Dermatology (1)
St. Louis University + 1 year transitional at St Luke's Bethlehem, PA
Emergency Medicine (5)
St. Luke's Bethlehem
Hershey Medical Center / Penn State
Icahn SOM Beth Israel
New York Presbyterian/Queens
York Hospital, PA
Family Medicine (7)
Providence Hospital, DC
UPMC St. Margaret-PA
UPMC Altoona Health Hospital-PA
Abington Memorial Hospital-PA
Naval Hospital-Jacksonville
Chestnut Hill Hospital-PA
Williamsport Hospital-PA
General Surgery (4)
Temple University
Cleveland Clinic
UC Davis
NYP Hospital-Weill Cornell
Internal Medicine (18)
Virginia Commonwealth University
NYMC-Westchester Medical Center
Christiana Care-Delaware
Cooper University Medical Center
Summa Health / NEOMED-Ohio
Rutgers-RWJMS
York Hospital-PA
University of North Carolina
Drexel University
Brown University
Lankenau Medical Center
RFUMS / Chicago Medical School-IL
University of Alabama-Birmingham
Thomas Jefferson
Bassett Medical Center (Preliminary)
Temple University
University of Arizona at Tucson
Olive View-UCLA medical
Neurology (1)
NYP-Weill Cornell
OB/GYN (7)
Winthrop University Hospital-NY
University of Maryland
Drexel University
Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Aurora Health Care-Wisconsin
Geisinger Health System-PA
University of Rochester
Ophthalmology (2)
Eastern Virginia Medical School (with transitional at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center-WA)
Geisinger Health System (with Medicine-prelim at Lankenau Medical Center, PA)
Orthopedic Surgery (3)
Allegheny General Hospital-PA
San Antonio Military Medical Center
Thomas Jefferson
Pathology (1)
UCLA
Pediatrics (6)
Children’s National Medical Center-DC
Winthrop University Hospital-NY
Hershey / Penn State
Lehigh Valley Hospital-PA
University of Florida COM-Shands Hospital
University of Maryland
PM&R (2)
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore (with medicine prelim at UPMC-PA)
Rutgers-RWJMS (with medicine prelim at Drexel)
Psychiatry (3)
University of Arizona at Tucson
University of Maryland
Oregon Health & Sciences University
Radiology- Diagnostic (3)
St. Barnabas Medical Center-NJ
Ohio State University (with transitional at Lehigh Valley Hospital-PA)
Temple University (with medicine prelim at Temple)
Radiology Oncology (1)
University of Wisconsin
Vascular Surgery (Integrated) (1)
University of Massachusetts
Transitional
Walter Reed Military Center
*total of 7 SOAPs this year
Dermatology (1)
St. Louis University + 1 year transitional at St Luke's Bethlehem, PA
Emergency Medicine (5)
St. Luke's Bethlehem
Hershey Medical Center / Penn State
Icahn SOM Beth Israel
New York Presbyterian/Queens
York Hospital, PA
Family Medicine (7)
Providence Hospital, DC
UPMC St. Margaret-PA
UPMC Altoona Health Hospital-PA
Abington Memorial Hospital-PA
Naval Hospital-Jacksonville
Chestnut Hill Hospital-PA
Williamsport Hospital-PA
General Surgery (4)
Temple University
Cleveland Clinic
UC Davis
NYP Hospital-Weill Cornell
Internal Medicine (18)
Virginia Commonwealth University
NYMC-Westchester Medical Center
Christiana Care-Delaware
Cooper University Medical Center
Summa Health / NEOMED-Ohio
Rutgers-RWJMS
York Hospital-PA
University of North Carolina
Drexel University
Brown University
Lankenau Medical Center
RFUMS / Chicago Medical School-IL
University of Alabama-Birmingham
Thomas Jefferson
Bassett Medical Center (Preliminary)
Temple University
University of Arizona at Tucson
Olive View-UCLA medical
Neurology (1)
NYP-Weill Cornell
OB/GYN (7)
Winthrop University Hospital-NY
University of Maryland
Drexel University
Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Aurora Health Care-Wisconsin
Geisinger Health System-PA
University of Rochester
Ophthalmology (2)
Eastern Virginia Medical School (with transitional at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center-WA)
Geisinger Health System (with Medicine-prelim at Lankenau Medical Center, PA)
Orthopedic Surgery (3)
Allegheny General Hospital-PA
San Antonio Military Medical Center
Thomas Jefferson
Pathology (1)
UCLA
Pediatrics (6)
Children’s National Medical Center-DC
Winthrop University Hospital-NY
Hershey / Penn State
Lehigh Valley Hospital-PA
University of Florida COM-Shands Hospital
University of Maryland
PM&R (2)
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore (with medicine prelim at UPMC-PA)
Rutgers-RWJMS (with medicine prelim at Drexel)
Psychiatry (3)
University of Arizona at Tucson
University of Maryland
Oregon Health & Sciences University
Radiology- Diagnostic (3)
St. Barnabas Medical Center-NJ
Ohio State University (with transitional at Lehigh Valley Hospital-PA)
Temple University (with medicine prelim at Temple)
Radiology Oncology (1)
University of Wisconsin
Vascular Surgery (Integrated) (1)
University of Massachusetts
Transitional
Walter Reed Military Center
*total of 7 SOAPs this year
.
Last edited:
Good morning friends!
Placed on the wait list just now.
Interviewed 1/20
Deferred 3/9
OOS
Placed on the wait list just now.
Interviewed 1/20
Deferred 3/9
OOS
Also placed on the wait list. Interviewed 2/26, wasn't deferred
Good morning friends!
Placed on the wait list just now.
Interviewed 1/20
Deferred 3/9
OOS
Also placed on the wait list. Interviewed 2/26, wasn't deferred
do we know how much movement the alternate list usually has?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate list as well - interviewed back in October
I frantically and SDN-style went back to last year's thread, and they didn't get much movement. One person got in sometime in June. Someone also posted that a year prior (2013), about 3 people came off the list.do we know how much movement the alternate list usually has?
Alternate listed, will be withdrawing in hope of increasing the chances for one of you to make it off. Good luck everyone and you'll end up where you're supposed to be! 😉
Also for those of you staying on the waitlist, make sure to confirm it on the portal!
Just so everyone knows... The email didn't mention it, but there's a waitlist tab in the portal now. If you wish to remain on the list, you have to confirm that you would like to be an active applicant. In their little message, they make it pretty clear that there's no definitive rank either SO time to get updates/letters in 😉
interviewed 2/1 got deferred 3/9 and now wait listed on 3/24. I'm happy to be on the waitlist, hopefully I can get an acceptance because this is my number one choice!
Really curious how they'll be choosing off the wait list because it seems to just be a culmination of all the deferrals since the beginning of time. Any thoughts/experience from previous application cycles?
Edit: Yep, 2 updates per application cycle emailed to [email protected]. Already sent an update around January without many changes, so will probably leave it up to God at this point lol.
Edit: Yep, 2 updates per application cycle emailed to [email protected]. Already sent an update around January without many changes, so will probably leave it up to God at this point lol.
Was put on the wait list today, but just withdrew my application, good luck to everyone!! 🙂
Also waitlisted after being deferred. Will be withdrawing! Best of luck to you all!
Wait listed after being deferred since my interview in September but I will be withdrawing my app. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any updates for anyone??
I just saw a post saying its an UNRANKED waitlist? does anyone know if this is true and if anyone who got off waitlist in previous years can share when they heard back or know the history of the waitlist..sucks cause i got into another school but TCMC is my no.1 choice. leaving it up to fate!
I just saw a post saying its an UNRANKED waitlist? does anyone know if this is true and if anyone who got off waitlist in previous years can share when they heard back or know the history of the waitlist..sucks cause i got into another school but TCMC is my no.1 choice. leaving it up to fate!
An unranked waitlist doesn't make much sense. Why would they do that? How would they do that? Throw a dart?
Yea they pretty much waitlisted everyone that was deferred. My guess is that there's 200-300 people on the list. As to how they would choose ...adcoms on SDN always say they use the waitlist to make sure the class is balanced. Since it's an unranked waitlist , IS/OOS, Male/Female, URM/non URM etc are probably the main factors they look at .
*** thank you to all the OOS females that plan to withdraw 😀***
An unranked waitlist doesn't make much sense. Why would they do that? How would they do that? Throw a dart?
There's your answer
There's your answer
So, not unranked. Just ranked within categories