2015-2016 University of Louisville Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So the secondary was finalized and the payment has been processed, however it still says "application not received". Is this the case with anyone else?
Did this ever change for you? I got the "complete" email on Friday but the portal is still saying this?

Members don't see this ad.

Did this ever change for you? I got the "complete" email on Friday but the portal is still saying this?

I called about this yesterday, the woman said if you got the complete email then you're good to go and she hadn't updated the website or something

Reactions: 1 user

No, it never changed. I received that email stating my file was complete and soon after got a II, so that status doesn't matter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my secondary last night! I'm OOS but with strong ties to Kentucky.

anyone know the difference between:

How do you assess your college record? (Maximum of 500 characters)

and

Please describe any circumstances adversely affecting your academic performance. (Maximum of 500 characters)

??

Aren't they both asking about your transcript?

anyone know the difference between:

How do you assess your college record? (Maximum of 500 characters)

and

Please describe any circumstances adversely affecting your academic performance. (Maximum of 500 characters)

Aren't they both asking about your transcript?

I sorta talked about the overview of my academic record for the first one and then I talked about anything specific for the second one. Like I had a bad semester my freshmen year, so I explained that in the second question. But I addressed my entire record (including academics, any IA's, etc) with the first one. Hope that helps!

Could somebody post the secondary prompts?

Could somebody post the secondary prompts?

1. If you are an out of state student, please explain your interest in attending the University of Louisville School of Medicine. (500 characters)

2. How well did your high school prepare you for college? (500 characters)

3. What determined your choice of college(s)? (500 characters)

4. How do you assess your college record? (500 characters)

5. Please describe any circumstances adversely affecting your academic performance. (500 characters)

6. Please discuss your research experience, including any publications and/or curriculum vitae. (500 characters)

7. Foreign Travel (500 characters)

8. Interests and Hobbies (500 characters)

9. Other Interests (500 characters)

10. What career(s) would you probably consider if you could not be a physician (500 characters)

11. How do you see yourself practicing medicine after residency training - Please include choice of medical practice and location (500 characters)

12. Why are you pursuing an M.D. (500 characters)

Reactions: 1 users
I have no idea how we are supposed to write these secondaries with a 500 character limit. That is like 2 and a half sentences:bang:

Question, on the last set of questions, where it talks about guilty or conviction of all those things... I was written up with an alcohol citation freshmen year. I put it as an IA because my advisor told me to, does that mean I have to say yes to the alcohol and conviction question? I just feel like conviction and citation are so not the same..

Any II's recently? I'm anxiously awaiting

Members don't see this ad :)
Still sitting with the "committee decision has not been made" phrase in yellow…. waiting :corny:

Did anyone get any new invites for interviews ? I sent my secondary 7/23 and still haven't heard back.

I received an interview invite last Thursday

Glad to see another II, congrats. Is it just me or does it seem like they are moving slow and there aren't many II's out yet, considering interviews start tomorrow? I thought I was a relatively competitive applicant for this school and I haven't received one yet. I'm trying to figure out if I'm being paranoid or what.

Interviews are starting tomorrow? I wonder if those are early decision applicants.

Yes interviews do start tomorrow. I would think that these are for mostly ED but I had a friend last year interview Aug 18 and she was regular decision. I'm regular & I'm interviewing in September. Complete July 13. No worries tf21594, I think you are a very competitive applicant. It could just be that they are saturated with applications right now and they need some time to look at everybody :)

Hm, I was complete 7/13 as well and haven't heard anything. Hopefully I'll hear back soon. Thanks for the input though! I appreciate it!

Hi all!

Do we have to write down every employment and activity on the secondary? Everything's already on my application.

Hi all!

Do we have to write down every employment and activity on the secondary? Everything's already on my application.
Yes. It takes some time, but if you pull up your primary application, alongside the UofL secondary, you can get everything transferred over within an hour.

Received an II (IS) today. Submitted on August 5th. They are still on September, in terms of interviews. So, don't sweat in case you haven't received yours yet.

Have any OOS applicants received an II yet? Congrats hotpotato :)

Congrats! I'm OOS and have not received anything. Did you get an email or just a portal update?

Have any OOS applicants received an II yet? Congrats hotpotato :)
Thank you! :)

Congrats! I'm OOS and have not received anything. Did you get an email or just a portal update?

If an II is offered you will receive an e-mail. The e-mail will have instructions on logging into the same page where the secondary was filled out, but this time you pick a interview date under the interview tab.

@nsharma23 I'm OOS and only received the completed email stating "This is to notify you that your Secondary Application with the University of Louisville School of Medicine is now complete. Applicants with completed Secondary Applications are placed in the pool for possible interview. Should your application be selected for interview, you will be notified by e-mail." on 07/20

If an II is offered you will receive an e-mail. The e-mail will have instructions on logging into the same page where the secondary was filled out, but this time you pick a interview date under the interview tab.
@nsharma23 I'm OOS and only received the completed email stating "This is to notify you that your Secondary Application with the University of Louisville School of Medicine is now complete. Applicants with completed Secondary Applications are placed in the pool for possible interview. Should your application be selected for interview, you will be notified by e-mail." on 07/20

Ahh, thanks!! Yea, I just reread the complete email I got!

Ahh, thanks!! Yea, I just reread the complete email I got!
No problem :) I know we are all in paranoia with checking to make sure our job is done so we can just wait out the storm.
If you need a pick-me-up, read Harvard's application thread and see people worrying about not getting in with those kinds of stats and EC.
Kinda made me feel better, even though they are pretty much super star pre-meds.

No problem :) I know we are all in paranoia with checking to make sure our job is done so we can just wait out the storm.
If you need a pick-me-up, read Harvard's application thread and see people worrying about not getting in with those kinds of stats and EC.
Kinda made me feel better, even though they are pretty much super star pre-meds.

Oh man! Yea, those guys are crazy for worrying!

I don't know if any OOS were still waiting for their secondary but I just received mine after being verified 8/4. I think they forgot to send it because I just got it after emailing them last week

It is a group exercise that is recorded and used as part of the admissions decision. They did it last year as a trial run, and it counts this year.

Finally got an interview invite! I had been waiting a while on this school. They still have one day in September open and October, so I don't think they are moving very quickly with the interviews.
Sent secondary back in early August.

Finally got an interview invite! I had been waiting a while on this school. They still have one day in September open and October, so I don't think they are moving very quickly with the interviews.
Sent secondary back in early August.
congrats! are you IS or OOS?

Thank you! I'm in-state. Graduated from UK.

oos hoping for an interview here too

Just got an interview scheduled for 10/6. LizzyM 77-78. Excited for my first one!

Does anyone who has interviewed here thus far wanna talk about what the interview was like overall and what to expect from that interpersonal group activity?

Hey guys! Just recently had my interview and just wanted to let you know they're nothing to stress about. They are very laid back and conversational interviews. The exercise at the end was also not a big deal at all. Just a relatively short team work exercise to make sure you play well with others. They also openly tell you it's not going to make or break you. Good luck everyone!

Never thought I'd have the chance to post this but: II!!!!!!!! First one (ever!) - OOS, submitted 8/17. Over the moon!

Hey guys! Just recently had my interview and just wanted to let you know they're nothing to stress about. They are very laid back and conversational interviews. The exercise at the end was also not a big deal at all. Just a relatively short team work exercise to make sure you play well with others. They also openly tell you it's not going to make or break you. Good luck everyone!
Thanks for the info! I have a interview in a couple of weeks. Do you mind me asking your stats?

To any current students .... I'm trying to plan for the future (balancing work/school/family) and wanted to know around what times are classes typically held. I do understand that there is Tegrity but I would like to attend classes if possible. Also, which classes are mandatory to attend and what time are they typically scheduled at??

Any insight would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

(I've already interviewed here, just waiting for Oct 15 for a decision)