2015-2016 University of Louisville Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Recieved my II today as well for 12/3. Been complete since 9/15. IS

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else "conditionally accepted"? I'm assuming this just means you just have to clear the criminal background check and accept your place in the class.

Is anyone else "conditionally accepted"? I'm assuming this just means you just have to clear the criminal background check and accept your place in the class.
I am. That, and maintain your GPA and send transcripts after grades/degrees post in the Spring.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, how did you receive your II? Email or phone call? What time of day? I know it is a little obsessive, but I am really hoping for an II soon! Congratualtions!!
I got mine via email in the late afternoon before 5pm. Hopefully that helps!

I am. That, and maintain your GPA and send transcripts after grades/degrees post in the Spring.

Do we have a UL SOM 2020 Facebook page or anything yet? I'm curious to see who from our interview day got in.

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone comment on what dates they are currently scheduling interviews for?

Received the "No Decision Made" email again. Does this mean they haven't talked about me or they are just continually pushing me back? Haha more importantly should I be concerned? Interviewed 9/15

And congrats to everyone accepted today!

I interviewed 8/20 and just received my acceptance today after getting the "no decision made" email initially. So I'd wait another 2 weeks and then call them. If they're actually holding your application for later review, they should tell you.

Does anyone know if waitlist consideration means that your file can still be reactivated for an acceptance before they make the waitlist or does it mean that you only have a chance of making the waitlist or being denied? In the e-mail it seemed like you would only get a waitlist or deny decision, but on the USB drive "Post Interview" PDF it sounds like they can still accept you before they make the waitlist. Just seeking clarification. Thanks!

Just got off the phone with Pamela Osborne. Apparently the review committee is running way behind. I interviewed September 2nd and my file still hasn't been seen by the committee. So for anyone who is getting the "No decision" emails, don't worry too much yet, it's quite possible that they simply haven't gotten to your file.

Just got off the phone with Pamela Osborne. Apparently the review committee is running way behind. I interviewed September 2nd and my file still hasn't been seen by the committee. So for anyone who is getting the "No decision" emails, don't worry too much yet, it's quite possible that they simply haven't gotten to your file.

Is this for people still waiting for interviews as well? Thanks for calling!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not that I'm aware of. As I understand it, the committee only reviews your file after your interview date.

Any one with an early September secondary complete date and is also OOS get an II yet? Complete silence for me so far

II today for Jan. 5th. Could someone post some interview questions for UofL? This is my only invite so far this cycle so I'm super nervous here...

II today for Jan. 5th. Could someone post some interview questions for UofL? This is my only invite so far this cycle so I'm super nervous here...

The interview questions are specific to your session. I know how you are feeling right now, I worried myself sick before my first interview. But honestly there is nothing to worry about, the interviewers/alumni of this school here are some of the most friendly and warm people. I wish that I had known how casual and relaxed it would be, that would have saved me a lot of worry. The interview will go by so fast because you will really enjoy it, trust me!! To prepare, I would say just answer some general things like: why you want to be a doctor, or what your clinical experiences are, how you/your friends would describe you, or anything of that nature that you would be expected to have a thoughtful answer to anyways. Just go in there, be honest, and be true to yourself. Tell your story and how you got interested in medicine. Hope that helps and the best of luck!! :)

I didn't get too many "questions". Both interviews started with "tell me about yourself", and things took a natural progression from there. It was always something like, "You mentioned your research, tell me more about that." Only true questions were something like "Why medicine?" and "tell me about a leadership experience". They were mostly relaxed and conversational. That being said, another girl interviewing the same day had an interview centered around current events in medicine.

So who wants to start up the Facebook group? :) I volunteer.

I emailed the admissions office about uploading updates to your application earlier today. I was specifically seeking guidance on sending updated transcripts once the semester ends in a few weeks. The response that I got from Rina Arauz via the medadm account was:

"at this time, unless updates are specifically requested, the University of Louisville School of Medicine Admissions Office will not be responsible for updating applicant files. Unsolicited updates will not be retained."

Accepted by email and phone call this morning!!

ACCEPTED this morning via email and phone call!!!!!!!! Can barely believe it since it's my first acceptance and I interviewed less than a week ago!!! OOS!

Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? And how can we prepare for the social activity??

II this afternoon for january 5th. OOS and super excited!!

ACCEPTED this morning via email and phone call!!!!!!!! Can barely believe it since it's my first acceptance and I interviewed less than a week ago!!! OOS!

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Any interview offers for the trover campus lately?

Accepted today at 5 pm. Congratulations to everyone else who got an acceptance today!

Accepted today! Super excited and good luck to everyone still in the process! Interviewed 09/15, IS!

Last edited:
Interviewed Nov 12 and just got the "a decision has not been made" email

When did you interview?

September 2nd.

Edit: more info: I called Pamela Osborne three weeks ago and she told me that my file still had not been reviewed. She stated that the university was behind on reviewing applications, and that those of us with early interviews that had not received notice of admission/wait list/denial yet shouldn't worry, that they were just behind on their review process. See my earlier comment.

Accepted! Interviewed 11/12