2015-2016 University of Utah Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's alright, I'm accepted to UCF and I'm happy to go there.

It was by email. They let me down softly. I give the rejection email a 10/10.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using SDN mobile

By chance are you a Utah resident like me??? That would be good news for me since Utah is my last chance to get in this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

By chance are you a Utah resident like me??? That would be good news for me since Utah is my last chance to get in this cycle.
I am. I'm speculating but I would think that, if you didn't get the email, you are high on the alternate list.

Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using SDN mobile

I just got a voicemail from Dr. Chan and I am stuck at work... I must say I am freaking out. I was waitlisted in January.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone applied for graduate plus loans yet?

Officially accepted off the wait list!!! Dreams do come true :) I had submitted my app for the next cycle the day prior. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone, I am new to SDN, and to the med school prospect as a whole. I recently decided that medical school would be a better option for me than a PhD. I am almost finished with my BS in Psychology (3.94 cGPA if that is important) and have decided to take the pre-med courses. I have done quite a bit of research in Psychology, presenting at conferences across the nation and possibly have a publication or two. I have also done some research in traumatic brain injury and the Dr. in charge of the project presented that in London. As you may have gathered from my experience, I am interested in psychiatry - specifically neuropsychiatry. Here is my question, how much does UofU care about research done as an undergraduate? As I planned to matriculate into a PhD program before I decided on med school, that is clearly what I put the most energy into. I plan to shadow a psychiatrist, a neurologist, and a general practitioner before applying. Thank you