2015-2016 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been able to contact the office recently? I emailed them a few weeks ago about something and got no response, and every time I've tried to call during the last week they've had a busy tone on the phone.
 
Are the packages usually filled with loans or do they award any grants that don't need to be paid?
*SO* much grant aid!

https://mdadmissions.wustl.edu/how-to-apply/financial-aid/

They split your need-based aid (Cost of Attendance minus the amount of your Expected Family Contribution) between scholarships (doesn't need to be repaid) and loans. But you never have to take out more than $27,000 in loans of your need, so suppose you have $70,000 in need -- you don't have to pay $35,000 of it, just the $27,000 with them covering the additional $8k. And their total for 4 years is $100,000 in loans so if you take out $27,000 the first three years, your fourth year will be cheaper.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted! 🙂 🙁 🙂 🙁 🙂 🙁 🙂
Is there any truth to the 25% accepted/ 50% waitlisted / 25% rejected ? I remember reading this in last years thread.
 
Is there some sort of triple crown-esque award for sitting on three waitlists? How foolish I was for thinking this process would be over in early spring...

Anyways, I thought I heard people say WashU has very significant waitlist movement. Someone might've even said something close to half the class is pulled from the waitlist? I can't remember if a student told me that on interview day or if I read it here. I may be completely wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.

What do we say to the god of rejection? Not today.
 
Last edited:
Is there some sort of triple crown-esque award for sitting on three waitlists? How foolish I was for thinking this process would be over in early spring...

Anyways, I thought I heard people say WashU has very significant waitlist movement. Someone might've even said something close to half the class is pulled from the waitlist? I can't remember if a student told me that on interview day or if I read it here. I may be completely wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.

What do we say to the god of rejection? Not today.

I've also heard that 1/2 the class comes off the waitlist... I guess there's hope?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there some sort of triple crown-esque award for sitting on three waitlists? How foolish I was for thinking this process would be over in early spring...

Anyways, I thought I heard people say WashU has very significant waitlist movement. Someone might've even said something close to half the class is pulled from the waitlist? I can't remember if a student told me that on interview day or if I read it here. I may be completely wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.

What do we say to the god of rejection? Not today.

Hey man, I was wait listed too. I was on wait lists last year and ultimately didn't get off any. But I think Wash U will give you a better shot than most, so keep hoping! Maybe alot of us will end up here.
 
I copy pasted my interest in "Wait List Inquiry Response" and said Yes to Waitlist, I saw the same blanks to both of them when I rechecked the status. Emory had it differently; It shows my typed material. Is it same for everyone? Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyways, I thought I heard people say WashU has very significant waitlist movement. Someone might've even said something close to half the class is pulled from the waitlist? I can't remember if a student told me that on interview day or if I read it here. I may be completely wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.

This is pretty accurate. A very significant portion of the class comes from the waitlist each year. If you want to be here next year, hang in there, and don't be afraid to send an update letting them know you really want to come here!
 
This is pretty accurate. A very significant portion of the class comes from the waitlist each year. If you want to be here next year, hang in there, and don't be afraid to send an update letting them know you really want to come here!
Was this true for the 2015 entering class here also? It seems like the wait list barely moved last year.
 
Got that wl e-mail. With all the encouraging comments, I will definitely be sending a letter of intent. Any ideas on when best to do that? Pre April 30th?