You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner) Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Dang still nothing at both :/
I posted in the Case thread but should probably update here - II to both!! Complete 7/22, so excited to get to see these schools!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still nothing on my end, either. I have a connection at Lerner, so I'm more worried about receiving an II from the university program.
Same, but I know they've given out a few rejections so no news might not necessarily mean bad newsDang still nothing at both :/
I've seen this for way too long:
Marked Completed: Yes on 7/27/2016
Marked Completed: Yes on 7/27/2016
hahaha after reading this thread i checked my portal like 4 times in the course of about 12 minutes... on a Sunday evening. 



hahaha after reading this thread i checked my portal like 4 times in the course of about 12 minutes... on a Sunday evening.![]()
This wait game is killing me! The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat; either way, my emotions can't take this for much longer.
Alright, maybe someone can calm my nerves over here. This applies for both Case and CC, but what is the deal with how they view (and what they want from) your MCAT scores? As someone who's LizzyM is 70.2, I've only seen people with >75 being offered interviews. Is this just the overachieving nature of SDN, or does it hold true with those not on this forum? Really freaking out that my numbers aren't exceptional, and it seems that's what both programs are after.
Check MSAR- they have a 10-90% range of MCAT/GPA for accepted applicants.Alright, maybe someone can calm my nerves over here. This applies for both Case and CC, but what is the deal with how they view (and what they want from) your MCAT scores? As someone who's LizzyM is 70.2, I've only seen people with >75 being offered interviews. Is this just the overachieving nature of SDN, or does it hold true with those not on this forum? Really freaking out that my numbers aren't exceptional, and it seems that's what both programs are after.
CCLCM doesn't have its own page in MSAR.Check MSAR- they have a 10-90% range of MCAT/GPA for accepted applicants.
Here are my thoughts: first off, I feel like so many people on SDN focus so much of their efforts on numbers and stats, which is an obviously important part of the application process, but there are still several other criteria that adcoms use to judge the competitiveness of their applicants. Think about it: if it were just about the numbers, then medical schools would just fill their ranks with top-tier numbers and leave the rest of us out to dry. Schools look for students that will 1) mix well with the other students in the applicant pool and 2) help the school to achieve its individual mission and values. In the case of CCLCM, I have done extensive research on what they look for as an applicant, and I get the strong vibe that they are looking for students who are comfortable working in a small-group setting, teaching your classmates, an interest (NOT necessarily a TON of research experience and publications out the wazoo, just an interest and SOME experience is preferred). Honestly, if you feel that you fit this description, it is totally worth your time and effort to apply. I feel like I am a good fit for their school, despite what some would consider to be not-top-tier stats. I have a pretty similar LizzyM score, but I think it depends on how you present yourself in your primary/secondary. If you show sincere reflection and learning, combined with humility and a strong interest in their school and their goals/mission, then it totally doesn't hurt to apply. Given, if you have like a 3.0 and a 500 on your MCAT, unless you qualify as disadvantaged, it is unlikely that CCLCM will consider you, but it doesn't look like that is the case. Best of luck to everyone!
Did anyone's portal status change before they got an II? I was complete 7/21 and my status page had a long message for a few weeks and now it's just a small pink box with "College Program" and my completion date.
They just changed the layout of their portal today.Did anyone's portal status change before they got an II? I was complete 7/21 and my status page had a long message for a few weeks and now it's just a small pink box with "College Program" and my completion date.
Nope. Mine was the same until the II email. Sorry.Did anyone's portal status change before they got an II? I was complete 7/21 and my status page had a long message for a few weeks and now it's just a small pink box with "College Program" and my completion date.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think (hope) it's just not fully up to date yet. Before the site update, I had a link to select a host for university, but it had no actual info and it's gone now. The list for the college program seems to be last year's, so hopefully once classes start up and people know their schedules we'll have host lists!
I got an email saying my status had changed, but when I still have the complete status (been complete since 7/21). Thoughts?
Same thing here.I got an email saying my status had changed, but when I still have the complete status (been complete since 7/21). Thoughts?
Ah bummer. Rejected! Felt like I would be a good fit for their school. Looks like free medical school won't be happening for me haha. Good luck to everyone else!
Ah bummer. Rejected! Felt like I would be a good fit for their school. Looks like free medical school won't be happening for me haha. Good luck to everyone else!
I'm sorry 🙁 When were you complete?
7/25. Thanks!I'm sorry 🙁 When were you complete?
Rejected. Complete 7/21 
I have not heard. Sorry that I have no additional info. Congrats on the IIs!@adcom101 In the interview letter it says that they're "scheduling fewer interview slots this year than in past years." From last year's thread it looks like there were 250 interview slots -- any word on how many there will be this year?
I read through a good portion of the thread but didn't really see anyone touch on this.
So Lerner asks for "gap year" plans. Is it safe to assume they're not really looking for non trads' since there's like no way someone whose been out of school 5+ years can fit everything in 500 characters? Also, emphasis on gap YEAR.
Any non trads sitting on iis? Or current students?
Anyone know what the typical age is of a Lerner student?
So Lerner asks for "gap year" plans. Is it safe to assume they're not really looking for non trads' since there's like no way someone whose been out of school 5+ years can fit everything in 500 characters? Also, emphasis on gap YEAR.
Any non trads sitting on iis? Or current students?
Anyone know what the typical age is of a Lerner student?
I read through a good portion of the thread but didn't really see anyone touch on this.
So Lerner asks for "gap year" plans. Is it safe to assume they're not really looking for non trads' since there's like no way someone whose been out of school 5+ years can fit everything in 500 characters? Also, emphasis on gap YEAR.
Any non trads sitting on iis? Or current students?
Anyone know what the typical age is of a Lerner student?
About half my class was nontrad, including people who were out of undergrad by 3-4 years. Other classes had people for whom medicine was truly a second profession after a decade of doing something else. They are definitely open to nontrads.
AMCAS makes it difficult sometimes to see what you are currently doing, since the application focuses on what you have accomplished rather than what you will accomplish. This essay simply allows you to make it clear what you are doing during your application year, if it's not already obvious (i.e. finishing up college).
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow thanks so much for the detailed information. Makes a lot of sense and gives perspective to what they're looking at with that questionAbout half my class was nontrad, including people who were out of undergrad by 3-4 years. Other classes had people for whom medicine was truly a second profession after a decade of doing something else. They are definitely open to nontrads.
AMCAS makes it difficult sometimes to see what you are currently doing, since the application focuses on what you have accomplished rather than what you will accomplish. This essay simply allows you to make it clear what you are doing during your application year, if it's not already obvious (i.e. finishing up college).
Whoa II!!!!!!!!!! Conplete 7/27 LizzyM 70.2. Rejected from University program though...weird.
I'm literally hoping for the same thing since I was also rejected from the University program
So it seems that there is an updated student host list for CCLCM, but not Case. Should I just email people that I would want to stay with? Do you think asking to stay two nights would be okay since I'm interviewing for both tracks?
My application just updated with "ccc" under the college track. Has anyone seen this indication or know what it might mean?
@CWRU_iApply_Dev
@CWRU_iApply_Dev
Last edited:
So I was placed on hold...not ideal but definitely better than a rejection!
I also want to know... I already did the host match for the university program. Do we have to email our hosts for CCLCM?So it seems that there is an updated student host list for CCLCM, but not Case. Should I just email people that I would want to stay with? Do you think asking to stay two nights would be okay since I'm interviewing for both tracks?
@PeruvianMD I actually went for it last night! I just introduced myself and said I would need two nights, and she responded saying it was fine! It's funny that I was just one night premature lol
Can you elaborate on the interview day and the interview questions once you've finished?@PeruvianMD I actually went for it last night! I just introduced myself and said I would need two nights, and she responded saying it was fine! It's funny that I was just one night premature lol
What is the significance of being placed on "hold for future consideration"? Is this essentially a silent rejection?
nope-- it's a hold of your application for future consideration in the cycle =]What is the significance of being placed on "hold for future consideration"? Is this essentially a silent rejection?
Someone right above you just said they were rejected. Not sure why they would "silently reject" you but outright reject about person....What is the significance of being placed on "hold for future consideration"? Is this essentially a silent rejection?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
F
fukuyou
.
Last edited by a moderator:
CT rejection this morning, complete beginning of August, LizzyM 76. Good luck to all of you fortunate enough to get IIs! You guys are Rockstars!!
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...d-donation-given-uvm-medical-school/90936238/
tl;dr "...In appreciation for the gift, the UVM Board of Trustees voted to rename the medical school the Robert Larner, M.D., College of Medicine."
SMH.
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
tl;dr "...In appreciation for the gift, the UVM Board of Trustees voted to rename the medical school the Robert Larner, M.D., College of Medicine."
SMH.
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Were rejections/holds sent by email or was this all on the portal?
I got an email about a status change and to check the portalWere rejections/holds sent by email or was this all on the portal?
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile