You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
on hold today, complete 7/19, LizzyM 73.5
Oh man I was complete 07/21 so that means they're just around the bend. **queue nervousness**. Around what time of day did they notify you?
Checked the portal just now, they don't send emails for the re-review statusOh man I was complete 07/21 so that means they're just around the bend. **queue nervousness**. Around what time of day did they notify you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Checked the portal just now, they don't send emails for the re-review status
So hold is essentially rejection?
So hold is essentially rejection?
Not at all. Lots of IIs last year were given to people who were initially on hold
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Not at all. Lots of IIs last year were given to people who were initially on hold
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh great, thank you for the heads up!
put on-hold for re-review. Complete 7/15
🙁 was looking forward to GW. I had above average stats for this school. I wonder what kind of applicants they are looking for..
🙁 was looking forward to GW. I had above average stats for this school. I wonder what kind of applicants they are looking for..
Don't let it get you down! Many are being selected for interviews after they get put on hold!put on-hold for re-review. Complete 7/15
🙁 was looking forward to GW. I had above average stats for this school. I wonder what kind of applicants they are looking for..
Secondary Received 7/1 , completed 7/16, Interview Invite received 7/28.
Good Luck everyone!
Good Luck everyone!
Secondary Received 7/1 , completed 7/16, Interview Invite received 7/28.
Good Luck everyone!
Congrats! Mind sharing stats?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
No problem.
I'm non-URM, 3.8 cGPA 3.85 sGPA, 512 MCAT
I put a lot of effort into the Essay since GW is one of my top choices. I really wanna be near DC and Walter-Reed.
EDIT: I have a LOT of research to my name. I think its working in my favor on a lot of these apps.
Thank you and good luck to you! Hope to see you on interview day as a colleague! 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
put on-hold for re-review. Complete 7/15
🙁 was looking forward to GW. I had above average stats for this school. I wonder what kind of applicants they are looking for..
Another poster already said this, but A LOT of people received IIs after being on hold, especially those who were put on hold earlier on in the cycle. Not to worry yet!
With "low yield" and lower stats schools like GW, Georgetown, Drexel, etc., you really have to play to their mission, and to a greater extent than you might elsewhere. I had similar stats but with a slightly lower GPA and I would bet they gave me an interview last year because of my background in mental health advocacy/education and my desire to continue doing that as a physician.
Another poster already said this, but A LOT of people received IIs after being on hold, especially those who were put on hold earlier on in the cycle. Not to worry yet!
With "low yield" and lower stats schools like GW, Georgetown, Drexel, etc., you really have to play to their mission, and to a greater extent than you might elsewhere. I had similar stats but with a slightly lower GPA and I would bet they gave me an interview last year because of my background in mental health advocacy/education and my desire to continue doing that as a physician.
1) I used your study plan, you is awesome
2) this gives me hope! Similar situation with MH background and advocacy. fingers crossed 🙂
Just checked the GW secondary page, and they explicitly state that many students are given IIs after being placed on hold. I wouldn't worry too much.
Just checked the GW secondary page, and they explicitly state that many students are given IIs after being placed on hold. I wouldn't worry too much.
I can't stop laughing at your username. Picturing a banana just roaming the streets, with a bandana on.
I can't stop laughing at your username. Picturing a banana just roaming the streets, with a bandana on.
You mean
*puts on sunglasses*
A bandananana
Complete 7/19, still just "complete". Please love me GW.
Oh if you are not hold, that is good!Complete 7/19, still just "complete". Please love me GW.
Submitted 7/22..still just complete. I've been submitting secondaries in bulk and have the feeling I'll get all the news, good or bad, on the same day.
Don't worry, I did the same thing. We can confront the news wall together! (Kidding, you'll probably get good news first 😉 )
II! So excited!!
Awesome! When were you complete by?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7/14, got my invite on 7/18, was just super slow at getting back on sdn..gotta love secondary seasonAwesome! When were you complete by?
Do you mind sharing your stats?II here! So excited!!
Nope- check out my signatureDo you mind sharing your stats?
Does complete mean your letters and secondary were received or just secondary?
Secondary and letters.
On hold for re review, complete 7/20 mcat 515, GPA 3.84
7/14, got my invite on 7/18, was just super slow at getting back on sdn..gotta love secondary season
what other school did you get an II from?
On hold for re review, complete 7/20 mcat 515, GPA 3.84
caffeine is also my drug. fingers crossed that we get re-reviewed 🙂
+1
I submitted my letters a month ago and my secondary a week ago....but I still have this message on my portal/secondary page: "We have received your secondary application to the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences. If you have not done so, please send your letters of recommendation to AMCAS. Your file will not be considered complete until we receive all letters that have been designated to our school using the AMCAS Letters Service. If we require any further documentation, we will contact you."
Do I call? Or is this what y'all saw?
Do I call? Or is this what y'all saw?
I didn't get this message. I would contact AMCAS.I submitted my letters a month ago and my secondary a week ago....but I still have this message on my portal/secondary page: "We have received your secondary application to the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences. If you have not done so, please send your letters of recommendation to AMCAS. Your file will not be considered complete until we receive all letters that have been designated to our school using the AMCAS Letters Service. If we require any further documentation, we will contact you."
Do I call? Or is this what y'all saw?
AMCAS or GW? All my letters to other schools have gone through without a problemI didn't get this message. I would contact AMCAS.
Then contact GW. But they may tell you to contact AMCAS.AMCAS or GW? All my letters to other schools have gone through without a problem
Complete 7/22. On hold for re-review. Kinda discouraged, but it is what it is. LizzyM 71
I was complete 7/21 but I'm still complete and ready for review
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that's a good thing. From reading this thread, it seems people who don't get re-review'd get II.
Edit: In reply to @DocJuan
But I didn't get an II either lol. Do you mean people who were under "complete" longer ended up getting II?
That is often the case. If your status has not changed for quite some time, you usually end up getting a II. All based on the IIs I have seen on this thread so far.But I didn't get an II either lol. Do you mean people who were under "complete" longer ended up getting II?
Have not seen any on this thread. It seems you either get a II or a re-review hold this early in the cycle.