2016-2017 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations!! That is a long wait haha when did you hear?

It was around 9:45 by email!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted yesterday via call at 2:30 pm. Interviewed in early November. Lizzy M is ~71. First-time applicant. I was already working on my application for next cycle, so it came as a huge surprise. To everyone still waiting, I know how it feels and don't let this forum deter you from reaching your goals. I promise you that hard work pays off, and I hope you all get there one way or another. Don't give up!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How long do you think is appropriate to wait before calling and asking for feedback on an application? I want to get going on my application for next cycle, but I've heard that you shouldn't ask for feedback if you're still on the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
How long do you think is appropriate to wait before calling and asking for feedback on an application? I want to get going on my application for next cycle, but I've heard that you shouldn't ask for feedback if you're still on the waitlist.
I emailed two days ago and they told me they cannot give feedback on an applicant who has a active application. So unless you withdraw you won't be able to get any feedback, because once they tell you the final decision you will probably have an active application for this upcoming cycle.

I emailed two days ago and they told me they cannot give feedback on an applicant who has a active application. So unless you withdraw you won't be able to get any feedback, because once they tell you the final decision you will probably have an active application for this upcoming cycle.
What a catch 22. Lets you and I just hope we get accepted so none of this matters. ;)

Just got accepted off the waitlist and was assigned to Athens. I am struggling to choose between Morehouse or MCG. Opinions?

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist and was assigned to Athens. I am struggling to choose between Morehouse or MCG. Opinions?
Whichever one will more likely pull me off the waitlist when you decline ;) congrats on both your acceptances! Mind sharing stats?

I believe there were quite a few people discussing their decisions to go with Morehouse over MCG on previous pages.... if you want to take the time to find that.

Honestly depends on what type of teaching you prefer, considering you got the Athens campus. I know some students at the Athens campus and it is a very small class size with less lectures and more discussion based learning. I assume Morehouse is more traditional although I did not tour there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also did they email or call you? I'm not in a place to get phone calls for the next week so I'm afraid of missing a call if they are calling haha I changed my voicemail greeting just in case

..... Got accepted off the wait list couple of days ago to Athens Campus.
It was a call and then an email .....

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted by phone call, then email, to the Athens campus at 2:32pm today
Interviewed in early November; LizzyM 71~72

Reactions: 7 users
508, 3.8 ORM

Hey man, you mind PMing me? I am an ORM interested in attending Morehouse (Top choice given my stats and motivations). Would love to discuss on how I can make myself a killer applicant to their school.

Anyone know if the class is full yet?

Anyone know if the class is full yet?
I got a call and (after verbal acceptance of offer) an email around 4 pm today. I was assigned to Athens. It's really late in the cycle, and I wasn't expecting to hear back, but apparently the WL is still crawling along. I interviewed back in September so it has almost been a year.

Hope you hear back too :)

Stats: In state, 3.7/523 ORM

Reactions: 5 users
I got a call and (after verbal acceptance of offer) an email around 4 pm today. I was assigned to Athens. It's really late in the cycle, and I wasn't expecting to hear back, but apparently the WL is still crawling along. I interviewed back in September so it has almost been a year.

523?!!?!??!!? Omg!!!

That is great! I hope you have a great time here in Athens!
I recently submitted AMCAS again. Hopefully I still get pulled of the WL but gotta get things rolling for next year

Reactions: 4 users
Long-time lurker here! I was accepted off the alternate list via phone call just before 2pm yesterday. I received my confirmation email and Athens campus assignment this morning. I'm a second-time applicant with a LizzyM of about 71, and I interviewed in late October. I submitted a third secondary application for EDP at MCG three days ago. This process can be brutal, but don't ever give up!

Reactions: 8 users
Long-time lurker here! I was accepted off the alternate list via phone call just before 2pm yesterday. I received my confirmation email and Athens campus assignment this morning. I'm a second-time applicant with a LizzyM of about 71, and I interviewed in late October. I submitted a third secondary application for EDP at MCG three days ago. This process can be brutal, but don't ever give up!
Congrats!!

Hey, can I ask how much was different in your three applications? I'm a reapplicant also and was wondering how different my applications need to be...

Wow that is amazing! So glad to hear you never gave up, and even started applying a 3rd time! You earned it, enjoy yourself in med school!!

Congratulation Rushmore.
Latest wait list acceptances are heading to Athens and not Augusta!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey, can I ask how much was different in your three applications? I'm a reapplicant also and was wondering how different my applications need to be...
For my second application, I had added a shadowing experience, completed research, and started working as a scribe. For my third application I accumulated 1600+ hours of scribing and started two new volunteer experiences, one being at a free clinic. I just thought about weak areas in my application and did my best to build them up. What you need to do may be completely different!

Last edited:
For my second application, I had added a shadowing experience, completed research, and started working as a scribe. For my third application I accumulated 1600+ hours of scribing and started two new volunteer experiences, one being at a free clinic. I just thought about weak areas in my application and did my best to build them up. What you need to do may be completely different!
Congrats! Sounds similar to what I have done over my gap year. Gives me hope!