2016-2017 Ohio State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you IS or OOS? That may make a difference since OSU is a public school unless it's like any of the CA schools. Regardless, congrats on the invite! Hope I will hear from OSU soon!
They're public, but try to accept 50% IS, 50% OOS every year

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know is OSU is receptive to "in the area" requests?

II this morning.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning! Complete 8/23, LM 72, OOS. They picked a date for me already though, are all interviews on Wednesdays?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone clicked the "reschedule my interview" hyperlink? If so, does that commit to rescheduling the interview or does it just give an option of dates to pick from? I have 2 midterms the Thursday after they scheduled me, so I'm debating whether I should switch.

Has anyone clicked the "reschedule my interview" hyperlink? If so, does that commit to rescheduling the interview or does it just give an option of dates to pick from? I have 2 midterms the Thursday after they scheduled me, so I'm debating whether I should switch.

It just gives you their phone number (no commitment). I called and they have November 30th and December 7th. I only asked for their Wednesday dates because flying out on a Sunday can be really expensive.

It just gives you their phone number (no commitment). I called and they have November 30th and December 7th. I only asked for their Wednesday dates because flying out on a Sunday can be really expensive.

Thank you so much!

Does OSU notify you if you have been rejected for an interview invitation?

Interviews happen on Mondays and Wednesdays. They release the next group of accepted students every two weeks from what they said at my interview. The next group will learn their status tomorrow.

Accepted!!! So happy!

Edit: LizzyM 76, interviewed Oct 10, complete mid July

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
got a call from dr. capers unexpectedly last night! so excited :)

Reactions: 3 users
got a call from dr. capers unexpectedly last night! so excited :)
+1, unfortunately I was already asleep because I had to be up super early this morning. It was great to wake up to the voice mail though!

Congrats. I was deferred but I still have a shot.

Congrats. I was deferred but I still have a shot.
Good luck! I think they said deferred applicants are considered for acceptances at each committee meeting, so there's still plenty of time for you to be accepted!

Is it necessary to bring a notepad or anything on your interview day? I remember at my first interview there were quite a few applicants that were writing things down throughout the day, what are your guys opinions about this?

Is it necessary to bring a notepad or anything on your interview day? I remember at my first interview there were quite a few applicants that were writing things down throughout the day, what are your guys opinions about this?
I wrote a few notes on one of the sheets of paper in the folder they gave each of us, but they also give you a flash drive with all the presentations they give on interview day, so you don't really need to take many/any notes

Accepted today!! Interviewed Oct 12 OOS

Received the acceptance call as well last night and was jumping up and down in excitement!!! :highfive:

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everyone who was accepted :)

I was completed in early August and still have not heard back about an interview. LizzyM is 77.6, and I'm IS (born and attended grade school in OH) although attending college OOS. Should I sent them a letter of interest or updates with my application?

Congrats to everyone who was accepted :)

I was completed in early August and still have not heard back about an interview. LizzyM is 77.6, and I'm IS (born and attended grade school in OH) although attending college OOS. Should I sent them a letter of interest or updates with my application?
I also haven't heard anything about an interview and I was complete about the same time as you. I was born in OH and attended grade school there but I went to undergrad OOS and have spent the last two years working OOS (I'm a non-trad). Does anyone know if I'll be evaluated as IS due to my history of living in Ohio, or am I OOS now that I have worked outside the state?

I also haven't heard anything about an interview and I was complete about the same time as you. I was born in OH and attended grade school there but I went to undergrad OOS and have spent the last two years working OOS (I'm a non-trad). Does anyone know if I'll be evaluated as IS due to my history of living in Ohio, or am I OOS now that I have worked outside the state?
What state do you pay taxes in/is your state of residence? OSU doesn't care much about IS/OOS for admissions purposes (they try to do 50% IS, 50% OOS), but that would make a difference for tuition costs for you.

What state do you pay taxes in/is your state of residence? OSU doesn't care much about IS/OOS for admissions purposes (they try to do 50% IS, 50% OOS), but that would make a difference for tuition costs for you.

I haven't paid taxes in Ohio for years. For now, I mainly am concerned about whether it will affect my admissions chances since I haven't even gotten an II yet. 50:50 IS:OOS ratio is reassuring though, thanks for the info!

I haven't paid taxes in Ohio for years. For now, I mainly am concerned about whether it will affect my admissions chances since I haven't even gotten an II yet. 50:50 IS:OOS ratio is reassuring though, thanks for the info!
I think someone said they tend to interview OOS applicants first, and then IS. Nor sure if this is true. I interviewed two weeks ago and most interviewees were OOS, but there were at least 2 or 3 ISers

Any students of OSU still waiting? I thought we had a much greater chance of getting some IIs lol..

Reactions: 1 users
offering to be urban meyer's personal waterboy in exchange for II

Did anyone else get a Medpath application invite today?

I also got a Medpath invite. Should we make a different thread in "post-bac?"

What is the medpath app invite? I haven't received anything

II last night! OOS, Lizzy M-74. I've been complete since 8/4.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know when the next round of acceptances will be sent out? Is it this week or next week?

Is anyone else on here applying to the primary care track?
I didn't and now I regret it. I've gotten an interview invite and I emailed a couple people at OSU about whether I can apply to the primary care track a posteriori and haven't gotten an answer back :(

How long is interview day?
I think it was 9am-3 or 4pm. Your start off with info sessions (curriculum, finaid, etc), have lunch with students, do student-led tour, then have 1 faculty interview and I student interview. The day was relatively stress free and pretty informative. The lunch with students was nice because there were more students than interviewees, so I got to ask the current students a ton of questions!

I think it was 9am-3 or 4pm. Your start off with info sessions (curriculum, finaid, etc), have lunch with students, do student-led tour, then have 1 faculty interview and I student interview. The day was relatively stress free and pretty informative. The lunch with students was nice because there were more students than interviewees, so I got to ask the current students a ton of questions!

Just had mine recently, so it's fresh in my mind. Agreed with the above poster on everything, but in case you need to know for flights/etc interviews finished up at 3 or 3:15 depending on if you had your student or faculty interview last.

Thank you!! This was very helpful

If you graduated from high school in Ohio, you'll qualify for instate tuition under Ohio's Forever Buckeye program. Can't say how that affects your interview chances, though, seeing as they don't really have that information.

If you graduated from high school in Ohio, you'll qualify for instate tuition under Ohio's Forever Buckeye program. Can't say how that affects your interview chances, though, seeing as they don't really have that information.
well we do report our hometown/high school on amcas so they'll know that

LizzyM completed 8/30. Dry as a desert. Should I be concerned with the lack of response?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was complete 8/18 and haven't heard anything either. A lot of people I know who submitted around the same time are still waiting as well. I'm not really sure what's going on, but you're not alone LOL