2016-2017 Ohio State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
II this morning! LizzyM ~74, complete 7/11, IS. So excited to finally get some attention from tOSU!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I know I feel like there have been more OOS than IS and only a few from OSU
I think I read on the thread last year that they actually tend to send out IIs to OOS applicants first, so they can make travel plans with more notice. (but that could be completely wrong)

So…I was complete early August and have heard nothing. MCAT: 516 with a 3.92 sGPA. OOS. Should I interpret this as a rejection at this point?

So…I was complete early August and have heard nothing. MCAT: 516 with a 3.92 sGPA. OOS. Should I interpret this as a rejection at this point?

Nothing but a rejection should be interpreted as a rejection at this point.

It's just the unfortunate (fortunate?) truth. I've been complete since 7/7 so at least I am hoping it's the truth.

Read your post while walking to class, thought u were saying not hearing back is considered a rejection. Jk, ignore my post.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

They send out interview invites all the way into March. Don't sweat it. There is LOTS of time. You'll drive yourself batty if you keep thinking about it.

II today. I'm an OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where all them IS IIs at tOSU? Cmon....I don't bite.

Looks like OSU invites IS students later on in the year, typically.

So they send II's on the weekend?

Yeah, I got an email saying there was a status change on the portal. I was just as surprised to get something on a Saturday.

Reactions: 1 user
IS here from Cincinnati. Submitted on 8/9 still nothing :(

Also IS from Cincy, seems like they may be doing something similar to University of Michigan (dare I say that in this thread) where the beginning of the cycle II's are more OOS and then there is a transition to IS later.

Reactions: 1 users
guess I will be compulsively checking my email until June 2017 since I am OOS

edit: thought I was on Umich thread but I will still be checking my email compulsively until June 2017 anyways lol

Is there a way to check the status of your application?

505 MCAT 3.67 GPA do I have a chance? stellar EC and research. IN STATE

Woke up this morning to a status change email... and it turned out to be an II! Totally not expecting that! OOS, LizzyM ~73, complete July 14th.

Reactions: 1 users
If you are planning to study primary care medicine, do you have to apply for the "primary care track"?

If you are planning to study primary care medicine, do you have to apply for the "primary care track"?

The primary care track is a 3-year program designed for people who know beyond a shadow of a doubt that primary care is what they want to do (and have the experience to back it up). You can still go into primary care without being on the track.

IS here as well, completed 08/01 - nothing yet. Really hoping I get an interview here!

IS; actually a student at Ohio State, complete mid-August. Radio silence :(

All you guys who were complete in August don't need to worry that you haven't heard back yet. I was complete in mid July and they just recently gave me an II after more than two months of patient waiting.

Reactions: 8 users
Do you where to check status? Do you receive the complete email?
From their webpage:
What’s my application status?

You will be able to check the status of your application soon. Thank you for your patience.

Do you where to check status? Do you receive the complete email?
From their webpage:
What’s my application status?

You will be able to check the status of your application soon. Thank you for your patience.

Have you set up your Vitals account yet?

How do I check my status ? The website just says "You will be able to check the status of your application soon. Thank you for your patience. "

*just kidding I think I got it. It just says that my app is complete and has (0) for evaluations.

All you guys who were complete in August don't need to worry that you haven't heard back yet. I was complete in mid July and they just recently gave me an II after more than two months of patient waiting.

I'll expect something in a month then XD.

BTW your username is amazing

Does anyone know what the length of the two interviews will be like? The website only says that one will be with a faculty member and one with student/resident/fellow, with no indication of their length. It seems like they might be a longer format than I've seen at other schools.

Does anyone know what the length of the two interviews will be like? The website only says that one will be with a faculty member and one with student/resident/fellow, with no indication of their length. It seems like they might be a longer format than I've seen at other schools.

Student interview: ~30 min
Faculty interview: ~45 min

Waiting to hear back like
giphy.gif

Reactions: 10 users
For people who got an II: did they send an e-mail? I don't think I set up my Vitals account properly last month and the password setup link has since expired. I'm kind of afraid to call them since it was my bonehead mistake. :(

For people who got an II: did they send an e-mail? I don't think I set up my Vitals account properly last month and the password setup link has since expired. I'm kind of afraid to call them since it was my bonehead mistake. :(
It was an email that said I had a status change on the portal (vitals)

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile