2016-2017 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! How close to penn state are you? Hoping for on Monday cause I live farther away
Hopefully we'll hear some news today. When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that was placed on hold post-interview been accepted yet?

Are there any post-interview rejections as of yet? This wait is killing me.
Seeing the last year thread, nobody got rejected, just holds.
Mid November. Didn't get anything in the mail today.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I would like to think that my packet is still being delivered across the country.. I live in the west coast.
Either that, or the committee hasn't met to make a decision about me yet. (early Nov interview here)

I wish they still did the additional info tab thing, though.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my acceptance today. Hope this helps makes a spot for those of you interested in the school! Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 4 users
I submitted my secondary on 9/4/16, all of my LORs were finally received on 11/29/16. Any idea why I haven't heard a thing yet? Is this a bad sign? :(

II tonight around 4:30pm. LizzyM ~69 OOS. Was previously on hold, complete late July.

Reactions: 9 users
I submitted my secondary on 9/4/16, all of my LORs were finally received on 11/29/16. Any idea why I haven't heard a thing yet? Is this a bad sign? :(

I would wait a little longer. They typically take a while to process everything since they don't have a very big admissions office. They took a long time to hand out acceptances too (some applicants waited over 12 weeks to hear back). If you are worried, you can call to ask for an update. They're very nice people.

I would like to think that my packet is still being delivered across the country.. I live in the west coast.
Either that, or the committee hasn't met to make a decision about me yet. (early Nov interview here)

I stalked last year's thread and I remember seeing people that interviewed early November, and got the additional info tab early February. Obviously I hope you hear sooner than February, but at least this super long wait has happened in the past!!

I would wait a little longer. They typically take a while to process everything since they don't have a very big admissions office. They took a long time to hand out acceptances too (some applicants waited over 12 weeks to hear back). If you are worried, you can call to ask for an update. They're very nice people.
Yeah so I've been complete with everything in since 8/1/16, and I still haven't heard anything. At this point I don't know if I ever will. Also, I called before but they just told me to keep checking my portal. Did you call and say something different, and get a different answer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email telling me I got an interview spot for one of the 3+ accelerated medicine programs! Anyone else hear back about that yet?

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah so I've been complete with everything in since 8/1/16, and I still haven't heard anything. At this point I don't know if I ever will. Also, I called before but they just told me to keep checking my portal. Did you call and say something different, and get a different answer?

No I've just been checking my status through the portal every so often, I figured that's all they would tell me to do so I've just been impatiently waiting to hear haha hopefully we both hear something (good) soon!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email telling me I got an interview spot for one of the 3+ accelerated medicine programs! Anyone else hear back about that yet?

+1 Do you know if the 3+3 program is binding? I.e. can I still opt for the general track at Penn State's SOM even if I am accepted for 3+3?

I got that same email! Still considering it tho. It says in the email subject that it is an invitation to interview but in the email it says "qualified candidates will be invited to interview", so I'm a little confused.

Hello everyone! Submitted my secondary late Oct. and interviewed early Dec. The wait is killing me! I am hoping to hear something soon. Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!

Hello everyone! Submitted my secondary late Oct. and interviewed early Dec. The wait is killing me! I am hoping to hear something soon. Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!

I interviewed early December as well and haven't heard anything either! Good luck to you as well :)

I think so. I do not have an additional info tab yet, and received a acceptance packet today, dated 1/6/17.
Completely off topic, but can I just say that I think it's RIDICULOUS that you only have 2 II's with those stats?

I'm convinced that the med school admissions process is broken.

Completely off topic, but can I just say that I think it's RIDICULOUS that you only have 2 II's with those stats?

I'm convinced that the med school admissions process is broken.

Stats are good, but school list, essays, and ECs are just as (if not more) important. You can have great stats, but if that's all you have and you apply to all reach schools and you can't write well = bad cycle.

would literally do anything to get an interview here. Anyone know if a pre-II letter of interest would work? Do they accept those?

Put on hold in October and haven't heard a thing. Really wishing I could send them an update or letter of interest too! just to say I love them and think they're perfect:biglove:

what are the transportation options from Harrisburg Airport to Penn State SOM?

Anyone hear back that interviewed 11/21/16? Any info on when they will release more decisions?

Have you heard anything yet? I interviewed early November and haven't received any news.

Looks like I'll be going to Penn State in the Fall. Submitting my deposit today. If anybody has interviews coming up and has any questions feel free to ask! I'll give as much help as I can

Reactions: 5 users
Looks like I'll be going to Penn State in the Fall. Submitting my deposit today. If anybody has interviews coming up and has any questions feel free to ask! I'll give as much help as I can

Congratulations! When did you interview and when were you accepted?

what are three of our most favorite aspects of the school?

what are three of our most favorite aspects of the school?
Match list- consistently matching students in competitive fields in locations im interested in
Location- in the northeast, close to my home state. Although rural, it may be nice after living in a city most of my life
Research- I am interested in a few competitive fields and I know getting involved in research will help me when it comes time to match

Random others- pass fail grading, facilities were nice, low cost of living near the school despite expensive tuition, name recognition, admissions staff, interviewers and students were super nice. I am very excited to be attending penn state

Reactions: 5 users