2016-2017 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still nothing for me too. Did you submit your secondary pretty late? I submitted mine in October so I'm not surprised I haven't heard back from them yet....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Nope. Mine was sent out by the first week of August. This process makes no sense whatsoever.

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. Mine was sent out by the first week of August. This process makes no sense whatsoever.

You've proven my hypothesis wrong. I guess no news is better than bad news, though? trying to stay positive through this crapshoot of a process.... hang in there!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
oos, complete mid september, II today.

can someone tell me how friendly pen is for OOS?

Reactions: 1 users
Just received my acceptance via post mail!!!! Interviewed mid November. Super excited!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my acceptance via post mail!!!! Interviewed mid November. Super excited!!!

Congrats!!! So happy for you! Did you get it in the mail today? Did you get an email notice before or any additional info tab in the portal??

Just checked my mail too and got my acceptance packet!!!! :) Everyone go check yo mail!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just checked my mail too and got my acceptance packet!!!! :) Everyone go check yo mail!!!

Is it a big white envelope (manilla folder sized) that is from Penn State Hershey [Milton S. Hershey Medical Center], Department of Student Affairs!? I am away right now on campus ~2 hours from home and my parents sent me a picture of the envelope, I told them I wanted to open it, not sure whats inside yet. They'll be bringing me the envelope later this evening.

My parents also said they felt some brochures inside it too. Can anyone confirm what I just said about the envelope, not sure how to feel right now and I am super nervous to find out!

+1. Also got my acceptance packet in the mail today. Letter dated for January 6th. It's been 12.5 weeks post interview and it feels awesome to finally hear something back. No additional info tab even after acceptance so for those of you still waiting, don't freak out just yet. :clap:

Is it a big white envelope (manilla folder sized) that is from Penn State Hershey [Milton S. Hershey Medical Center], Department of Student Affairs!? I am away right now on campus ~2 hours from home and my parents sent me a picture of the envelope, I told them I wanted to open it, not sure whats inside yet. They'll be bringing me the envelope later this evening.

My parents also said they felt some brochures inside it too. Can anyone confirm what I just said about the envelope, not sure how to feel right now and I am super nervous to find out!

Yes that sounds about right!! there were brochures inside :) Congrats!!!!

JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE PACKET!!! Interviewed 10/31

Accepted. Interviewed Sept 28th!!!! No additional info tab.

Got the packet as well! Early November interview here

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!!! So happy for you! Did you get it in the mail today? Did you get an email notice before or any additional info tab in the portal??

No additional info tab--good to know everyone else did see any changes to their portals either!

Looks like things are moving along with Penn State. **Fingers crossed for others to receive good news in the mail on Monday**

No additional info tab--good to know everyone else did see any changes to their portals either!

Looks like things are moving along with Penn State. **Fingers crossed for others to receive good news in the mail on Monday**

MLK Day is Monday....so hopefully Tuesday will bring good news in the mail. :xf:

Were you put on hold at all?
No I was never put on hold. But mine took ages...I heard nothing for all that time. So basically anyone whos been waiting for months post interview with no hold or anything.. don't give up!

Hi all! First post here, but have been lurking and reading for a while. I was also accepted via mail Saturday. Interviewed September 28th.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if we are allowed to change our minds on the tracks we want to be considered for? As we indicated on the secondary applications?

I second this question! If accepted, I would be deciding between another Pennsylvania school.

Sorry for the confusion - I meant that you're going to love your interview! I interviewed a month and a half ago and I really enjoyed the entire day. Favorite one so far!