-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted this morning via email! Interviewed 9/30!
Congrats! Interviewed 10/7, hoping to hear soon! Please keep your fingers crossed for me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!Also accepted this morning, interviewed on 9/19. HAPPY FRIDAY!! And truly, best of luck to you all.

Has anyone filled out FAFSA? I didn't see Quinnipiac's school code from the materials given out during interview day. Is this in the acceptance package, perhaps?
I did! I just typed in the school name and it came right up
I saw that, but there isn't a separate code for the medical school? I was worried that was just for the undergraduate :/I did! I just typed in the school name and it came right up
Thank you!!https://www.qu.edu/academics/colleg...f-medicine/financial-aid/application-process/
"Our federal school code is 001402."
Just got an interview today!
Yaaay
Submitted 8/20/16
Out of state applicant
Yaaay
Submitted 8/20/16
Out of state applicant
Congrats! May I ask what your stats are?Just got an interview today!
Yaaay
Submitted 8/20/16
Out of state applicant
I interviewed here a few weeks ago and I can attest to that. He is freakishly good at remembering things about the applicants. It was really cool!
Hi!
how was your interview? I will have mine in December and it'll be my first time going to the East Coast 😀
how did your interview go?Yep. Loved it. The wait until october is killing me.
😀
congrats!Accepted this morning via email! Interviewed 9/30!
how did your interview process go?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! May I ask what your stats are?
Thank you!
I'm a non-traditional applicant
Berkeley gr
Last edited:
has anyone travelled from California/west coast to the school?
any tips/suggestions on which airport to land in? uber/taxi/train?
thanks!
any tips/suggestions on which airport to land in? uber/taxi/train?
thanks!
For QU specifically, or in general?congrats!
how did your interview process go?
The interview was really nice. I got there a little late (my uber took forever...), but everyone was very nice and accomodating. The facilities are beautiful and the admissions staff seemed excited to have prospective students there. There was the standard introduction to Netter, financial aid stuff, etc etc. Then two interviews that were relaxed, but it was clear that they had some specific questions that they wanted answered, mostly revolving around primary care. Then lunch with students who were very candid about how new the school was and how they liked it.
The highlight for many people was the time with the dean of admissions who memorizes a lot about the students, but personally I thought that was kind of cheesy and a waste of time. He went through each applicant and talked a bit about their history. He said this was to give us exposure to the types of people that applied here and the people who may be your future classmates, but I kind of felt like it was a waste. It wasn't a huge deal, but he went over on his allotted time, and as such our tour got cut short... That was kind of irritating. It was great to learn about the other applicants and all, but interviewing is expensive, time consuming and stressful. I would have preferred it to be a little more business-like. That said, most people here and on the formal SDN interview reviews seem to really like this process, so maybe I was just tired and grumpy.
Overall, Netter really impressed me. The students seemed very, very happy and very comfortable with the school. They were honest and up front about how new the school was, and didn't try to hide it, which I really appreciated.
That's my long ramble-y response... I hope it helps. Sorry if it's poorly written, it's early and I still haven't had my coffee
For QU specifically, or in general?
The interview was really nice. I got there a little late (my uber took forever...), but everyone was very nice and accomodating. The facilities are beautiful and the admissions staff seemed excited to have prospective students there. There was the standard introduction to Netter, financial aid stuff, etc etc. Then two interviews that were relaxed, but it was clear that they had some specific questions that they wanted answered, mostly revolving around primary care. Then lunch with students who were very candid about how new the school was and how they liked it.
The highlight for many people was the time with the dean of admissions who memorizes a lot about the students, but personally I thought that was kind of cheesy and a waste of time. He went through each applicant and talked a bit about their history. He said this was to give us exposure to the types of people that applied here and the people who may be your future classmates, but I kind of felt like it was a waste. It wasn't a huge deal, but he went over on his allotted time, and as such our tour got cut short... That was kind of irritating. It was great to learn about the other applicants and all, but interviewing is expensive, time consuming and stressful. I would have preferred it to be a little more business-like. That said, most people here and on the formal SDN interview reviews seem to really like this process, so maybe I was just tired and grumpy.
Overall, Netter really impressed me. The students seemed very, very happy and very comfortable with the school. They were honest and up front about how new the school was, and didn't try to hide it, which I really appreciated.
That's my long ramble-y response... I hope it helps. Sorry if it's poorly written, it's early and I still haven't had my coffee
thank you very much! I like ramble-y. I appreciate your response! 🙂
Also, if anyone is interviewing on Nov. 14th and would like to split an uber to/from the airport-please let me know!
seems eerily similar to the plot of TAKEN...lol i jokez but i would like an interview here

Submitted Sec 8/3... still waiting on that II 🙂 best of luck to everyone!!🙂
+1
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Accepted! Interviewed 10/10
OH GEEZ that was my interview day. Congrats!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
ACCEPTED ! Interviewed early October
+1 here too
Any recent activity? II's?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When were you completed and what are your stats, if you don't mind?
Congrats! When were you completed and what are your stats, if you don't mind?
Dr.P12 had a 4.7 baller rating and a Swag score of 9.7/10.
Congrats! When were you completed and what are your stats, if you don't mind?
Dr.P12 had a 4.7 baller rating and a Swag score of 9.7/10.
Hahah yup pretty close! I was complete around 7/13 and lizzy m of ~70
anyone know what percent of interviews get accepted?
I got a couple pretty random questions...
Can current students share where they buy their groceries, toiletries, etc?
I did not see many stores around the area of the school.
Also, I'm from the South. South of South (Miami lol). Can anyone who moved from the same region or from the Southwestern coast for example share how they adapted to driving in snow? I'm a little concerned about this. My car is pretty old, approximately 10 years old. Not sure if it's in the best conditions to take out to CT. Apparently most if not all of the clinical sites require quite a fair amount of driving?
Thank you in advance!
Can current students share where they buy their groceries, toiletries, etc?
I did not see many stores around the area of the school.
Also, I'm from the South. South of South (Miami lol). Can anyone who moved from the same region or from the Southwestern coast for example share how they adapted to driving in snow? I'm a little concerned about this. My car is pretty old, approximately 10 years old. Not sure if it's in the best conditions to take out to CT. Apparently most if not all of the clinical sites require quite a fair amount of driving?
Thank you in advance!
I got a couple pretty random questions...
Can current students share where they buy their groceries, toiletries, etc?
I did not see many stores around the area of the school.
Also, I'm from the South. South of South (Miami lol). Can anyone who moved from the same region or from the Southwestern coast for example share how they adapted to driving in snow? I'm a little concerned about this. My car is pretty old, approximately 10 years old. Not sure if it's in the best conditions to take out to CT. Apparently most if not all of the clinical sites require quite a fair amount of driving?
Thank you in advance!
Hmmm can't comment on what to do in the area, but growing up on the east coast I can comment on driving in the snow. It doesn't matter so much that your car is old but kind of depends on what type of car you have and the shape it is currently in. If your car is still in pretty decent condition and has 4WD or AWD you should be fine - I would also highly recommend snow tires for the winter too.
Just accepted a few hours ago!!
I really, really loved this school when I visited; interviewed 10/21!
I really, really loved this school when I visited; interviewed 10/21!I got a couple pretty random questions...
Can current students share where they buy their groceries, toiletries, etc?
I did not see many stores around the area of the school.
Also, I'm from the South. South of South (Miami lol). Can anyone who moved from the same region or from the Southwestern coast for example share how they adapted to driving in snow? I'm a little concerned about this. My car is pretty old, approximately 10 years old. Not sure if it's in the best conditions to take out to CT. Apparently most if not all of the clinical sites require quite a fair amount of driving?
Thank you in advance!
Not a current student, just a friendly local
There's a grocery store very close to campus, and there's another one along with a starbucks a bit further (2 or so miles) down the road.
I can't tell you what it's like to drive here from a southerner's perspective (new england 4 lyfe) but my car is also 10 years old, I plan on attending, and i expect it to get me to my rotations. i drive a two door, 2wd sedan that gets very angry if i go above ~ 75 mph
Y
Yankees2519
I've lived in CT my whole life and have never owned an AWD/4WD vehicle. A decent set of all season tires is usually fine. If you're nervous, you can use snow tires. The roads are usually treated well, and if it's a bad storm they will cancel school/MeSH (not sure about rotations).
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can current students share where they buy their groceries, toiletries, etc?
I did not see many stores around the area of the school.
There are several supermarkets within 10-15 minutes of campus (Stop & Shop, Big Y, Aldi, and even Wal-Mart, to name a few). They're all pretty convenient to stop by on your way home from class, for example.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hit up Big Y after my interview for some noms, since it was close to the hotel and my room had a microwave. The produce selection was solid, prices were average (for the East Coast, anyway), and the location was really convenient (right off the highway).There are several supermarkets within 10-15 minutes of campus (Stop & Shop, Big Y, Aldi, and even Wal-Mart, to name a few). They're all pretty convenient to stop by on your way home from class, for example.
Heya!
Congrats accepted applicants!
Join the FB group to meet current students and potential future classmates!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NetterSOMatQU.Classof2021/
Congrats accepted applicants!
Join the FB group to meet current students and potential future classmates!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NetterSOMatQU.Classof2021/
Accepted this morning! 10/10 interview group! Also quite thrilled!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K