2016-2017 Stony Brook University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hahaha truth. it has been spoken.
This is something you'll do once a month, tops. Way less after you get puke on your shoes on the last drunk train back.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 4.45.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 4.45.11 PM.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 348
This is something you'll do once a month, tops. Way less after you get puke on your shoes on the last drunk train back.
I totally get you hahaha I'm from Staten Island...arguably the same. Emphasis on the "arguably" hahah
 
Hey guys I am not verified yet but still trying to write my essays , the prompts say that it should be one page long is this single or double space?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nobody knows. Just go with how long you think is concise yet sufficient.
Thank you. I thought there was some sort of program that cuts off excess words that would match one page single spaced or double spaced. But thank you for settling my concerns
 
Does anyone know if they prefer the new or old MCAT? I know AAMC mentioned that they prefer the new one, but I'm not sure if that holds any value. Did anyone with an II take the old exam?
 
:/

Not a very positive thing to say.
We are all more than our numbers, you have no idea what he / she has gone through to get to this point!

Anyways, they can only attend one school so rest assured that they cannot take up all 22 spots by themselves heh

-edit-
Also congrats doctorbob, you're continuing to kill it ~ 😀
 
:/

Not a very positive thing to say.
We are all more than our numbers, you have no idea what he / she has gone through to get to this point!

Anyways, they can only attend one school so rest assured that they cannot take up all 22 spots by themselves heh

-edit-
Also congrats doctorbob, you're continuing to kill it ~ 😀
How is that not positive? He's killing it and I think it'd be worthwhile to pass on his knowledge. Don't be naive-- LizzyM of 64 is very low and obviously he is doing something right and I'm interested.
 
How is that not positive? He's killing it and I think it'd be worthwhile to pass on his knowledge. Don't be naive-- LizzyM of 64 is very low and obviously he is doing something right and I'm interested.

It wasn't positive with the way you worded it. I apologize if I misunderstood. Insulting my "naivety" doesn't get us anywhere either, well aware that the 64 is low.

If you're interested in what he's doing right, there's a better way to approach it than publicly shaming his stats 🙂
 
It wasn't positive with the way you worded it. I apologize if I misunderstood. Insulting my "naivety" doesn't get us anywhere either, well aware that the 64 is low.

If you're interested in what he's doing right, there's a better way to approach it than publicly shaming his stats 🙂
I'm sorry my post wasn't positive enough for you. I put the "lol" there because that's how I talk.
 
How is that not positive? He's killing it and I think it'd be worthwhile to pass on his knowledge. Don't be naive-- LizzyM of 64 is very low and obviously he is doing something right and I'm interested.

Hey! I was wondering what's considered the average LizzyM score? Because doesn't a 64 score mean 64 percent of applicants were either at his level or lower?

EDIT: I realized I've misinterpreted the lizzyM score so never mind about the second part of the question lol...But I'm still wondering what an Average lizzyM score is

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I was wondering what's considered the average lizzyM score? Because doesn't a 64 score mean 64 percent of applicants were either at his level or lower?

EDIT: I realized I've misinterpreted the lizzyM score so never mind about the second part of the question lol...But I'm still wondering what an Average lizzyM score is

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Lol yes LizzyM is uGPA * 10 + MCAT (old scale) so it's not a percentile based stat. Average matriculants is around a 3.7/31 so around a LizzyM of 68 is average nationally. Here on SDN the average is closer to 70/71 I think lol selection bias is strong here.
 
Lol yes LizzyM is uGPA * 10 + MCAT (old scale) so it's not a percentile based stat. Average matriculants is around a 3.7/31 so around a LizzyM of 68 is average nationally. Here on SDN the average is closer to 70/71 I think lol selection bias is strong here.

that makes sense... Thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Haha that is an aggressive reaction 😀 OOS, complete mid July, nothing from adcom yet except acknowledgement that they received an update I sent in
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do they send out rejections I was complete in mid July but nothing. I wish they would at least send a rejection so I know lol.