2016-2017 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know its cliche, but just be yourself. I just interviewed there on Friday, was also OOS. Just read up on the school, and relax. they want to find out who you are

Thanks! I guess all I can do at this point is put my best foot forward and hope for the best. The anxiety of the cycle really gets to me haha
 
II today (1/25) secondary submitted 11/8. I'm a reapplicant MCAT 30 and 514 GPA 3.7 (science 3.6). OOS
Can someone give me an idea of about when the interview day got out? I will probably call the admissions office tomorrow, but I need to decide if I will be okay driving back to back interviews (one day in between but it's not long to recuperate). or if I should just schedule for the following week? At this point it's at the later stage of interviews so IDK if one week makes a huge difference.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II a little bit ago!

Completely unexpected, I'd given up hope of getting any more at this point.

I'm way OOS (california), do I have any shot at actually getting in since its so late/OOS/etc?

Also sent an update ~01/10, so maybe that helped!
 
I don't understand, sorry. If you're IS and from the Scranton area then your chances are much higher than being outside the area or from OOS!

Sorry for my bad wording. I'm just worried my chances for acceptance are lower being IS but not from Scranton, I'd love to see their interview statistics breakdown if there is one available.
 
Sorry for my bad wording. I'm just worried my chances for acceptance are lower being IS but not from Scranton, I'd love to see their interview statistics breakdown if there is one available.

Ah ok. That'd be very interesting for sure. I'm also right there with you being from PA yet outside NEPA. I'm trying to think what the 76ers are saying now but for medical school applications #trusttheprocess
 
I had my interview in November, and got an email a few weeks ago saying my application got "deferred to the next committee meeting." Is this just a post-interview waitlist? What is the movement from this waitlist like?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Deferred as well, interviewed 1/9. I don't think it's a bad thing their website says this ,"This status is not the same as being placed on an alternate list.Deferred candidates are considered at each subsequent committee meeting and can be offered an admission decision at any time. This policy is advantageous to deferred candidates because it means that the student’s application file is under constant review." And it's only been 3 weeks for us since the interview
 
Deferred as well, interviewed 1/9. I don't think it's a bad thing their website says this ,"This status is not the same as being placed on an alternate list.Deferred candidates are considered at each subsequent committee meeting and can be offered an admission decision at any time. This policy is advantageous to deferred candidates because it means that the student’s application file is under constant review." And it's only been 3 weeks for us since the interview
I really hope it is not the end
 
Has anyone that initially received a deferral letter been accepted yet? I am wondering if even though they say they reevaluate deferred applicants each adcom meeting it may be unlikely to be accepted until later in the cycle.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who have been recently accepted, do you reserve a seat by paying the 100 dollars and accepting the offer on the portal or just by paying the 100 dollars?
 
For those who have been recently accepted, do you reserve a seat by paying the 100 dollars and accepting the offer on the portal or just by paying the 100 dollars?
I went on the portal and it walks you through three steps: signing the technical standards agreement, financial aid questionnaire, and then making your 100$ deposit.
After I did all those, it allowed me to accept my offer on the original screen and submit it through the portal.
Btw, Congratulations!!