-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Heard back last Thursday. Interviewed on the 7th!Did anyone from Dec 7 hear back? Did they forget about us!? 😵
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah look up TCMC md class of 2021Is there a FB page?
rejected pre II complete early July
Hi everyone, just got an II here. Does anyone have advice for the interview? Thanks [emoji120]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Eat the lucky scones!!Hi everyone, just got an II here. Does anyone have advice for the interview? Thanks [emoji120]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
haha in all seriousness, congrats, and don't stress. Read the interview feedback section, read up on the school, and don't worry.
For those who have been recently accepted, do you reserve a seat by paying the 100 dollars and accepting the offer on the portal or just by paying the 100 dollars?
I'm pretty sure you have to do both. The 100 bucks is refundable until May 1st I'm pretty sure.
When will we get a financial aid package from GCMC?
Posts from last year's thread about financial aid were in early/mid-March
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats!Interviewed 1/13, Accepted 2/2! LizzyM=70. I really loved this school when I came for the interview.
Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck!
Just received II!! OOS Lizzy M 64-67
.
Last edited:
To you and everyone that has been rejected, did you guys get an unprofessional letter about their MBS program after they told you that you were rejected?Rejected today pre-II, LM ~65 & OOS. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!!
.
Last edited:
So how do you guys think the matches will change after Geisinger takes over? You think we'll have better shots at some of the competitive specialties due to preference in Geisinger residencies?
The president of Geisinger literally told us he'd like to guarantee us Geisinger residency. Not saying that we're guaranteed but definitely will be at an advantage.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
.
Last edited:
Whoah, that's insane lol. When did you hear this? We didn't get to meet anyone from Geisinger at my interview day 🙁
I'm a second year so it was just at a community meeting. 'Like' is definitely the operational word there, though. There's no policy that we will have any advantage he just was saying that he'd like it to be that way. At the very least I feel that we will have an advantage when applying to Geisinger residencies
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
.
Last edited:
Sounds awesome though lol. Is Geisinger technically Commonwealth's teaching hospital now?
Not exactly, all of the other campuses still exist with the exception of Poconos. Geisinger Danville (the main Geisinger hospital) is now available as a campus, though. I'm sure things will develop but it's still all very new. I think there will be lots of positive changes though.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
.
Last edited:
Can anybody comment on how generous this school is with its financial aid packages?
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have not heard anything since I was deferred in October. Should I send them a letter of intent since this is my #1 school?
Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile
Withdrew II. Good luck to those waitin
Withdrew my II as well. Here's to those still waiting, good luck!
Same! Will withdraw later today. Hopefully one of you will get it 🙂
Also received an II today! Complete in July, OOS, LM 69. Most likely will decline. Good luck everyone!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did anyone call nearby hotels and get a discounted rate? Or did they charge full price?
Their website indicates that students can get a discount but I'm not sure if we qualify.
Their website indicates that students can get a discount but I'm not sure if we qualify.
I stayed at the Radisson Lackawanna; they didn't mention a discount. But they provide a free airport shuttle if you call the hotel when you get in. The guy who drove me to the hotel (Mike) was real nice, actually drove me in the morning to the interview, then came to pick me up from it and drove me back to the airport. Saved me a ton of money. I just tipped him.Did anyone call nearby hotels and get a discounted rate? Or did they charge full price?
Their website indicates that students can get a discount, but I'm not sure if we qualify.
.
Last edited:
anyone else get an email about a pre-interview waitlist? any thoughts on what that means?
.
Last edited:
How long did it take you to get the acceptance packet in the mail? I got accepted 2 weeks ago but nothing in the mail yet
Got it about 5 days later
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
By acceptance packet you mean one letter from Dean Scheinman and another from the financial aid office, right? Just worried something was lost in the mail...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
By acceptance packet you mean one letter from Dean Scheinman and another from the financial aid office, right? Just worried something was lost in the mail...
Yup, just those two things
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Can anyone send me the link to the Accepted Facebook page? I cant find it :/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/113...t=group_name_change¬if_id=1487087591512792
Can anyone send me the link to the Accepted Facebook page? I cant find it :/
By acceptance packet you mean one letter from Dean Scheinman and another from the financial aid office, right? Just worried something was lost in the mail...
Oh, so the same stuff we got in the first email?
When do financial aid packages come out in terms of grants and scholarship for accepted students ?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile