2016-2017 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my secondary yesterday, feel behind the curve but I'm OOS so I'm happy I got one

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my secondary yesterday, feel behind the curve but I'm OOS so I'm happy I got one
I got a really late one in November. I live in Seattle so we're kinda in the same boat. But definitely fill it out. You never know.

I also received a secondary on Friday, I'm IS, kind of a shock not sure if it's worth filling it out? but it is my dream school so? Anyone get late secondaries and still get interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received a secondary on Friday, I'm IS, kind of a shock not sure if it's worth filling it out? but it is my dream school so? Anyone get late secondaries and still get interviews?
It's pretty easy to fill out though. I have no idea if any late secondaries have received II. I haven't but they probably haven't gotten to my secondary yet. I submitted on Nov. 22nd.

Do you think that the admissions board will come around to evaluating secondaries complete mid-late September, before the Holidays? Dear Santa, all I want for Xmas this year is to get accepted to this school.

Last edited:
Do you think that the admissions board will come around to evaluating secondaries complete mid-late September, before the Holidays? Dear Satan, all I want for Xmas this year is to accepted to this school.
Be careful what you ask for from Satan.

Reactions: 2 users
Haven't been on in a while, but congrats to all those who were accepted recently! Looking forward to seeing some of you here in the future. :)

And to those who were waitlisted - I just want to echo what's said before about UCSF's waitlist having good movement. I was originally waitlisted, and I know a good handful of my classmates who were waitlisted prior to getting in as well. That's not to say that it's not perfectly reasonable to be upset and disappointed - I definitely cried - but there's still plenty of hope for getting in off of the waitlist. Wishing you all the best!

Reactions: 1 user
Is there any chance they send out more acceptances before christmas break? Thanks!

Is there any chance they send out more acceptances before christmas break? Thanks!

I'd wager that there won't be any more before January - they did their big December release, and they tend to release acceptances once a month or so based on what I recall from years prior. It's also Christmas break now for med students here, so not sure how active the admissions office is now.

Just received an II for the JMP program earlier today!! Was rejected from MD program however o_O, has this happened to anybody else (II for JMP, but rejected from MD)?

Just received an II for the JMP program earlier today!! Was rejected from MD program however o_O, has this happened to anybody else (II for JMP, but rejected from MD)?

Saw at least one of those earlier in the season. Maybe two.

When are you interviewing for JMP?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

congrats! when were you complete? when did you receive MD rejection?

When did you send in your secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who submitted the secondary at the end of September gotten an interview invite yet?

Saw at least one of those earlier in the season. Maybe two.

When are you interviewing for JMP?

I'm interviewing in February. That's the earliest one. There's two dates in Feb.
congrats! when were you complete? when did you receive MD rejection?

Complete end of September. I was rejected from MD in the same e-mail as II.

There's still hope guys!!

I'm interviewing in February. That's the earliest one. There's two dates in Feb.

I also applied to JMP so maybe I'll hear something soon. It seems like a real interesting program.

Waitlisted.. Dammit this is my 3rd waitlist out of 5 interviews!!!

It's like, "we like you, but not really all that much."
Basically like when a girl says "Thanks but I'd just like to stay friends" </3

Cool! I'm in January. I will be in the area for over a week, which is why I was asking, but nvm!

does anyone know when the batch of acceptances (for those who interviewed in late November) come out?

Submitted secondary late July, but haven't heard anything since then. Anyone else in the same boat?

Submitted secondary late July, but haven't heard anything since then. Anyone else in the same boat?
I submitted my secondary at the end of September and haven't heard anything yet--from other posts, I gathered that they have looked at applications through August and Early September so far; however, if you haven't been rejected yet, you're still in the running for a II until like probably the end of January, assuming they give out II about 3-4 weeks in advance.

I submitted my secondary at the end of September and haven't heard anything yet--from other posts, I gathered that they have looked at applications through August and Early September so far; however, if you haven't been rejected yet, you're still in the running for a II until like probably the end of January, assuming they give out II about 3-4 weeks in advance.
I submitted my secondary at the end of August, but silence so far too
Thanks! Glad to hear I'm not the only one... I've been antsy lately worrying that something went wrong!

Do you think that the admissions board will come around to evaluating secondaries complete mid-late September, before the Holidays? Dear Satan, all I want for Xmas this year is to get accepted to this school.
Are you going to leave this as Dear Satan or correct it to Santa? Unless you're a Satanist. Then it makes sense. Sorry I crack up when people like my previous pickup on this. I figured you would've already corrected it by now.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone who has interviewed for the JMP know how late the program gives out IIs? Thanks!
I'm still waiting too. Based on last year it looks like they give final II and pre II rejections the first week of Jan. The last interview date was early March.

I'm still waiting too. Based on last year it looks like they give final II and pre II rejections the first week of Jan. The last interview date was early March.

Well, if that's the case then at least the wait should be over soon... :lame:. Thanks for the info & good luck!

Well, if that's the case then at least the wait should be over soon... . Thanks for the info & good luck!
Yep. I got an II from WSU new med school in Spokane. It's my only II so far and I'm excited I at least have one but UCSF/JMP would be a dream school for me.

Does anyone know where you can find information on accepted students weekend? I wrote down it was April 22-23, but I can't find it again on the website or applicant portal.

It's planned by the first years - UCSF is on break now, so I doubt there's much information up yet. I'd wait until later in January at the earliest before they have a chance to solidify and publicize any details. They'll probably put up more information on the accepted students' blog/facebook page once that happens.

when does UCSF stop interviewing candidates?

Still waiting here. Complete 11/22.

II MD/PRIME earlier today! Secondary complete 11/20

Would anyone be willing to post what the rejection letter says?

Edit: received. Thank you kind soul.

Last edited: