2016-2017 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody heard of MSTP rejects getting MD-only invites here? If so, do you know what month?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure. I checked March and there was no days available. Only one day in mid-February.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Maybe they'll add additional days. I applied to the JMP program too and it says on their website that program does not interview between Dec and Jan 26th I believe so I don't know if they finish interviews in Feb. or March. Either way I'm skeptical I'll get an interview. That's just how my last two years of admissions has gone. Over 50 apps, no callbacks.

Members don't see this ad :)
"UCSF has a rolling admissions policy, which means that applicants may be advised of an acceptance any time between December 15 and May 1."

We almost there fam.

Reactions: 2 users
"UCSF has a rolling admissions policy, which means that applicants may be advised of an acceptance any time between December 15 and May 1."

We almost there fam.
So maybe they do interview people after Feb. then? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

rejected post-II :(. Interviewed in early November. Good luck to everyone else

WL too. This one hurts real bad :( but congrats to those accepted! :bow:

ACCEPTED! I THOUGHT DECISIONS WERE IN 4 DAYS.

ok. done hyperventilating.

Congrats to everyone accepted and still in the running :)

edit: LizzyM ~73-74,OOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
alternate list as well, interviewed first week of November, certainly saddened but not surprised, i don't think I did my best interviews here

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG Accepted!!!!!!!! Interviewed in early November.

Reactions: 1 users
Same as @cranialLOOP

Literally had amazing interviews, second interviwer literally told me I got in hahahah.

That said they told us explicitly at the interview that they didn't weigh the interview too intensely.

interviewed recently, felt like one of my interviews didn't go as well as I wanted to :\

keeping my hopes low for this

OMG ACCEPTED! I'm so shocked and happy. There is no deposit fee right?

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted.. Dammit this is my 3rd waitlist out of 5 interviews!!!

It's like, "we like you, but not really all that much."

Waitlisted.. Dammit this is my 3rd waitlist out of 5 interviews!!!

It's like, "we like you, but not really all that much."

Same here :/ 5 interviews, 1 rejection, 3 WL, 1 pending as of now. How are you coping? I feel especially down tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Anyone from 11/8 hear back yet? I wonder if we'll have to wait until January to get our decisions. Congrats to those accepted, I can feel your excitement through my screen!!!

Same here :/ 5 interviews, 1 rejection, 3 WL, 1 pending as of now. How are you coping? I feel especially down tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Sorry to hear, but somewhat relieved to know this isn't unique to my situation. I feel a bit down too, especially because UCSF is my #2 choice.

I got the news yesterday and coped by going to my weekly salsa dance. :)

Makes me wonder what the odds of getting one acceptance from 3 waitlists are.

Sorry to hear, but somewhat relieved to know this isn't unique to my situation. I feel a bit down too, especially because UCSF is my #2 choice.

I got the news yesterday and coped by going to my weekly salsa dance. :)

Makes me wonder what the odds of getting one acceptance from 3 waitlists are.

Just adapt the old SDN mantra to "Waitlist 3, a doctor you will be!"

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted yesterday! My dream school :')

Are there any current UCSF students that I can message? I have a few questions

Accepted last night! Totally surprised (I'm from out of state), but thrilled!

Accepted yesterday! My dream school :')

Are there any current UCSF students that I can message? I have a few questions

Feel free to PM me!

Congrats to everyone and best of luck to everyone still in the running! To everyone else, I have no doubt you'll end up somewhere great.

I believe that's the case. I think some of them are very strict about it too.

I believe that's the case. I think some of them are very strict about it too.
Eh I figured!! Congrats to all of you who were accepted (or who had the opportunity to interview at this school) You are all going to be great doctors and I'm so happy and proud of all of you!!!

Is there a possibility to hear more decisions today, or is it typically once a month...anyone have any idea?

Day 2... Euphoria of being accepted to my dream school is now tainted by the terror of finding bay area housing from across the country..

Reactions: 1 users
Just did my interview....best place I have ever been oh my god. Congrats to the accepted students and also the WL! One of my interviewers said a ton of people she knows are WL kids. Hopefully I'm gonna be blessed ;(

I would love to have the opportunity to interview here even if it's just to see the school! I've never been to San Francisco and would be thrilled if I got to visit the city.

I would love to have the opportunity to interview here even if it's just to see the school! I've never been to San Francisco and would be thrilled if I got to visit the city.
I'm in your ⛵️ too.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a possibility to hear more decisions today, or is it typically once a month...anyone have any idea?

From the thread last year it looks like after the first wave of decisions, the next wave wasn't until Jan 25th :dead:

So...what does it mean if I was in the first week of interviews and didn't get any decision yesterday?

So...what does it mean if I was in the first week of interviews and didn't get any decision yesterday?

nothing. no decision means you're still in the running. I definitely ruminated over not hearing back as early as people who interviewed around the same time did, but that is not an indication that they've passed you over.

WL, huge bummer cuz I made the mistake of already sending an LOI/ update so no cards to play here. Congrats to the accepted.

Rejected post-secondary. Would've loved you :(

Edit: Complete early September

Last edited: