2016-2017 University of Missouri - Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Overall the process took about a month from when I submitted my primary app. About 4-5 days to get the OOS form, a week and a half to submit and have them acknowledge receipt of it, and then a little over 2 weeks for the invitation to complete the secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

II last Friday!
Glad I decided to pick up the call from Columbia, MO.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They called you on the phone?
Yes, I should have made this clearer. I got a phone call from them, basically asking me if I could schedule an interview on the dates they suggested. After that was an email for RSVP.

Not sure what RD is, but if it refers to the regular admissions then yes! They called me to set a date for interview. And I appreciate it! Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info. I am IS as well with a LizzyM of 72. I was complete August 1st so I'm hoping I've still got a shot.

My gut feeling is that you will get an II with 72 LizzyM, sooner or later. They don't process fast tho, IMO. Good luck!

II via phone call yesterday! RD, IS, LizzyM of 70, complete in late July

Are y'all with II receiving e-mails as well? I work full time during the day so if they ever do call I don't want to miss it!

Are y'all with II receiving e-mails as well? I work full time during the day so if they ever do call I don't want to miss it!
The admission officer I spoke to said to expect an email most likely at the beginning of next week.

Received an II today via phone call. I was complete on August 9th and I'm in state. It's odd to actually say "in state" for once; all of my interviews have been OOS. Very excited!

What are the stats of people with interviews so far? IS, especially.

Got II email Friday Sept 30. Completed ~August 3rd. Date set for week for October 17th.

They're working through them. Good luck to all who applied.

Congrats to everyone on the IIs!

Last edited:
Got II email Friday Sept 30. Completed ~August 3rd. Date set for week for October 17th.

They're working through them. Good luck to all who applied.
Hey would you mind sharing your stats and IS or OOS? I am in state and with a lizzy M of 72. I was complete on 8/1. Do you think I still have a decent shot?

Hey would you mind sharing your stats and IS or OOS? I am in state and with a lizzy M of 72. I was complete on 8/1. Do you think I still have a decent shot?

IS reapp. 71 LizzyM.

Based on stats I'd say you have a chance. When I talked to them Friday to reschedule my date (had a conflict on the day they initially gave me) they said the following weeks were still open.

Still early in the cycle, don't give up hope!

For those who've received a call: have you also gotten an email with an invite?

All quiet on the western front. Calm before the storm?

II . A pleasant surprise. Beyond excited.

Keep us updated on when you guys were complete so we know when to start worrying ;)

For sure! I was complete in mid July so nobody start worrying yet!

II today. IS lizzy M 72. I was complete on 8/1. They call first to set up the interview and then confirm via email

Just wondering, does anyone know if Missouri has the approach of accepting about twice the number of applicants as number of seats?

Per the MSAR (and adding in the ~20 seat class expansion) this would mean about 240ish acceptances given from 411 interviews...not bad chances

Just wondering, does anyone know if Missouri has the approach of accepting about twice the number of applicants as number of seats?

Per the MSAR (and adding in the ~20 seat class expansion) this would mean about 240ish acceptances given from 411 interviews...not bad chances

They accept enough to fill the class, and then they have a wait list the same size as the class.

Got my secondary in last week. Is this too late?

Got my secondary in last week. Is this too late?

If you have good stats, go for it. But you need to have it done ASAP, otherwise you might miss your chance for an interview. You might consider DO applications at this point as well since they close later.

What would you consider to be good stats? cGPA 3.9 sGPA 3.9, MCAT on lower side still, but a MO resident. @DrRedstone

Mizzou was not on my radar until two days ago when I received an email suggesting I apply. I thought that was abnormal. They mentioned seeing my mcat scores (no idea what they are I refuse to look). But the only other school that has reached out like this, was a DO school. Has this happened to anyone in the past? Did you get in? I just wonder it seems weird.

@BigBurd with similar GPA and around 30 MCAT I got an interview my first year. If you think you can do really well with the interview and you have solid clinical experiences, it might still be a good idea to apply. But again, you need to get your secondary application in ASAP.

@fmorris I recommend you look at your MCAT Score, it is part of what the school will look at to decide if you get an interview. It is the be-all end-all of the application process, but it would be good for you to know where you stand as far as competitiveness. As far as having schools reach out to me, my score was in the upper 80's percentile and no school has reached out to me. Not sure if that is typical, but it could mean good things for you.

@fmorris I received the same email and received a couple others from different schools. Are you URM? They get our info from the minority registry we sign up for when we took the MCAT....

@BigBurd with similar GPA and around 30 MCAT I got an interview my first year. If you think you can do really well with the interview and you have solid clinical experiences, it might still be a good idea to apply. But again, you need to get your secondary application in ASAP.

@fmorris I recommend you look at your MCAT Score, it is part of what the school will look at to decide if you get an interview. It is the be-all end-all of the application process, but it would be good for you to know where you stand as far as competitiveness. As far as having schools reach out to me, my score was in the upper 80's percentile and no school has reached out to me. Not sure if that is typical, but it could mean good things for you.
How long does it usually take to hear back after file is "under review"? And I have pretty solid extracurriculars. Hopefully the rest of my application makes up for a lower MCAT.

Pull that one out at an interview and you're golden ;)

Interviewer: So tell me about yourself.

Me: so I'm a psychic that wants to go into psychiatry. I believe that reconnecting people with their deceased relatives will really accelerate the healing process.

Check that empathy, instant acceptance!

BigBurd said:
How long does it usually take to hear back after file is "under review"? And I have pretty solid extracurriculars. Hopefully the rest of my application makes up for a lower MCAT.

It really depends on how many people submitted before you for Mizzou. They go through applications as they were received.

Last edited:
Not sure if anybody would know this at this point, but how long after the interview will folks know of a decision here?

Wait wait, I interview on the 27th, so one day before the last Friday of the month... we'll possibly know the day after interviewing?
Yes; the last Friday of the month they accept the top 5-7 on the list. So everyone who has interviewed by next Friday has a chance of being one of those accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know what completion date they are up to for IIs?