2016-2017 University of Missouri - Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed here yesterday. I initially had a long message typed up but I simply will stick with this: Anybody who goes to this school for an interview will love it. Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II just now, complete 9/13 (but new MCAT didn't come in until 9/20)

Last edited:
Have they said how many they've interviewed and how many they will accept friday

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed here yesterday. I initially had a long message typed up but I simply will stick with this: Anybody who goes to this school for an interview will love it. Good luck to all.

What kind of questions did they ask in the interview

@bty3 Mizzou takes most of its questions directly from your application. They want to know what makes your experiences important and to fill in any blanks they may have. Be sure you have read over your entire application and remember what you talked about. You will be asked why you want to be a doctor or 'so tell me about yourself.'

@bty3 Mizzou takes most of its questions directly from your application. They want to know what makes your experiences important and to fill in any blanks they may have. Be sure you have read over your entire application and remember what you talked about. You will be asked why you want to be a doctor or 'so tell me about yourself.'

One of last year's interviews did not go like this (maybe they've changed it) but I could tell one of my interviewers had not read my application, especially the secondary. He had a book full of med school interview questions and randomly flipped through it to ask questions. The thing about mizzou is that you can have completely different interview experiences depending on who interviews you, since 2 of 24 (or so) people on admissions committee interview you and advocate on your behalf to the rest of the committee. Some interviewees get asked about books they've read, some get grilled, some have a perfectly conversational interview, etc. it completely depends

Yikes, that's rough. I assume we'll know about a waitlist/rejection decision Friday as well?
no. it's called "conservative rolling admissions," meaning only the top people get in early. the rest don't get a decision until march o_O

man...so, so cruel :lame:
so, so cruel. they take the collective best at the end of the month, meaning you're still considered for early notification...next month. but until then, no worries, i'll just sit here all emotional and trying to keep the (fake) smile on my face :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you all think it takes about a month after being complete to hear about an interview? I'm starting to worry.

Do you all think it takes about a month after being complete to hear about an interview? I'm starting to worry.
Took a bit longer for me... about 1.5 months

Shocked to say that I'm not getting offered an interview invitation this year. I have no idea why.

Definitely see if you can meet with Allison Martin for feedback. Speaking with her last year is what gave me the confidence to reapply. She also pretty much told me directly what I was lacking.

Good luck man, sorry :(

As much as I wish it were not the case, I have found this school to have been unhelpful in terms of feedback. After requesting a time to speak with someone, I was brushed off with what appeared to be a form email that answered none of my questions. I am deeply frustrated with Mizzou. Best of luck to all of those applying, but I have felt no in-state love.

@Monkitty - I spoke with her last year after receiving my rejection and made changes in the areas she pointed out. That is part of the reason I am so confused by the interview rejection.

I invite today. Oos urm. After reading the above post, I'm not so confident I'll get in :/ sounds like a brutal post interview screening process.

Since this school doesn't get that many apps, does anyone know our odds of acceptance once we get invited for interview? Particularly for oos.

Got II a few days ago but cancelling today :/ Hope one of you get it!

Just cancelled for 12/1/2016. Call now for that spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know when we will hear back regarding interviewee status changes for the months of Nov. and Dec.? I thought I remembered Ms. Martin saying we may hear back the Monday of the week of Thanksgiving, and the week before Christmas, but I'm not completely sure.

Does anyone know when we will hear back regarding interviewee status changes for the months of Nov. and Dec.? I thought I remembered Ms. Martin saying we may hear back the Monday of the week of Thanksgiving, and the week before Christmas, but I'm not completely sure.
I thought it was still the last Friday of possible interviews (So this Friday for this month). But I could be wrong- if they said Monday before Thanksgiving its probably that, although they didn't mention it in my interview day.

I thought it was still the last Friday of possible interviews (So this Friday for this month). But I could be wrong- if they said Monday before Thanksgiving its probably that, although they didn't mention it in my interview day.
I just got an email offering me acceptance. I interviewed about one week ago. I'm not sure if this is the usual case, though, as I've interviewed at schools at the very start of November that still haven't notified me yet.

Anyone know what completion date they are up to for interviews?

I was complete Aug 1, and received an II today. Gotta love the wacky time tables.

Will interviews fill up by the time they get to mid October completions?

Should I have gotten a complete email from here? I submitted the secondary three months ago and the check I mailed in has been cashed. Getting kind of paranoid, sorry.

Should I have gotten a complete email from here? I submitted the secondary three months ago and the check I mailed in has been cashed. Getting kind of paranoid, sorry.
Are you oos? They are hella slow.

IS. I just checked the secondary application portal and it said I submitted it on August 21. Nothing but silence since then.
Hmm. I would wait. They are very slow. I wrote them off and got a II recently. I would just wait and hang tough.

IS. I just checked the secondary application portal and it said I submitted it on August 21. Nothing but silence since then.

I received a complete email about a week after I submitted. IS too. I'd say better call them than unknowingly have something missing...

I received a complete email about a week after I submitted. IS too. I'd say better call them than unknowingly have something missing...

I called them on Tuesday and they said I should've received an email back in August. Seems like it got lost somewhere, but everything is good! Thanks for replying.

Could anyone on here who has interviewed here this year give me any insight or tips on the interview? I interview next week and want nothing more than to be accepted by this school! Feel free to PM me.
Just wondering, when were you complete and when did you recurve the II?

Does anyone know when the December emails will go out? I'm assuming they want to get that done well before Christmas.

I'm in class and I got a missed call with a voicemail from the Columbia area about 45 minutes ago. They would only call to give me a II, not to reject right?