2016-2017 University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol anyone else still waiting since interviewing in September or October?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
:stop: (October)

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if UNC has sent out any post II rejections this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you might be thinking of last years thread - there was only one post-II rejection reported before very late in the cycle. I haven't seen any post-II rejections for this cycle

Refer to posts on 12/11 in this year's thread; someone got rejected after a September interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I really hope so. But they were supposed to meet last week I think. It depends on if they totally cancelled that meeting (in which case we wouldn't hear back until next week), or if they rescheduled it for today. Heres hoping (although doubting)!

Oh. Do they meet mondays? I thought they met on Tuesdays, and called the same day.
Wait, I thought they only made the calls on Tuesdays but met on any day Prior to that Tuesday... I really hope you're right though

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, I thought they only made the calls on Tuesdays but met on any day Prior to that Tuesday... I really hope you're right though
Oh I remember her saying that last year they met on Mondays, but this year they meet on Tuesdays and we could probably figure out which Tuesdays of the month they meet. But now that I think about it, she may have just been talking about which days decisions go out. Now my brain is confused, because it remembers both. Ugh. I guess we will wait and see. Unless....if we called and asked, would they tell us? o_O

Oh I remember her saying that last year they met on Mondays, but this year they meet on Tuesdays and we could probably figure out which Tuesdays of the month they meet. But now that I think about it, she may have just been talking about which days decisions go out. Now my brain is confused, because it remembers both. Ugh. I guess we will wait and see. Unless....if we called and asked, would they tell us? o_O
lool well, At the end of the day, the only info that remains invariable (which, thankfully, is the one that matters most) is the fact that decisions usually do go out on Tuesdays... So we'll just have to wait in Agony.

lool well, At the end of the day, the only info that remains invariable (which, thankfully, is the one that matters most) is the fact that decisions usually do go out on Tuesdays... So we'll just have to wait in Agony.
However, I am super relieved that my anguish stems from the fact that I'm waiting to hear from one of my top medical schools rather than waiting to find out if I got into any medical school!:soexcited:

However, I am super relieved that my anguish stems from the fact that I'm waiting to hear from one of my top medical schools rather than waiting to find out if I got into any medical school!:soexcited:
Lol. I envy you. I'm waiting on both. For some reason, all of the schools I chose are being superrrrr slow with applications this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol. I envy you. I'm waiting on both. For some reason, all of the schools I chose are being superrrrr slow with applications this year.
lol Don't worry, With that LizzyM score, Unless you threatened someone's life at your interviews, You'll get in somewhere this cycle.

lol Don't worry, With that LizzyM score, Unless you threatened someone's life at your interviews, You'll get in somewhere this cycle.
Haha thanks! here's hoping its UNC, today. Let this agony end.

Those who interviewed/have scheduled an interview, how long did it take to get the scheduling email once you email them back?
Idk how everyone else's scheduling went down, but I received a link to schedule my interview in the same email offering me an interview.

side note: unc plzzzzzz meet one of these days. the waiting is grueling :unsure:

side note: unc plzzzzzz meet one of these days. the waiting is grueling :unsure:

Pretty sure they are gonna meet Monday, make calls on Tuesday. Just putting it out of my mind until then

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else who was affected by weather on the 1/9 or 1/10 still waiting for their interview to be rescheduled?

Annnndddd.... just got the call at 6:25! ACCEPTED! Interviewed 11/3

Reactions: 8 users
CONGRATS!!!!

...also probably means they didn't get to the first week of dec pple. danggg it. ;)

How did you interview 11/3? When I scheduled my interview for 11/1 the only two days available for that week (and every other week) were Monday's and Tuesday's. 11/3 is a Thursday.

How did you interview 11/3? When I scheduled my interview for 11/1 the only two days available for that week (and every other week) were Monday's and Tuesday's. 11/3 is a Thursday.
So it was 11/2 then. My bad. That Wednesday. when I scheduled, Monday Tuesday Wednesday were available. I took Wednesday as I had a big exam on tuesday.

Reactions: 1 users
Wait does that mean that calls went out yesterday and not today?

Wait does that mean that calls went out yesterday and not today?
So my interviewer called at like 6:25 last night. He said he was just leaving the Adcom meeting. I would think some people might still get calls today as that was a little late and some adcoms might wait?

Reactions: 2 users
Just got THE call!!! for those who interviewed in early September (like me) and have not heard back yet, THERE IS STILL HOPE!

Reactions: 12 users
ACCEPTED!! Just got the call a few hours ago! I interviewed mid-October so for those of you who have been waiting there's still hope!

Reactions: 6 users