2016-2017 University of Oklahoma Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well it's 4:20 not looking promising. I guess we will have to wait until Thursday.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey on the bright side we will for sure know by Thursday. Whether it's email or snail mail, we will know soon enough! Just got to stay positive!

Hey on the bright side we will for sure know by Thursday. Whether it's email or snail mail, we will know soon enough! Just got to stay positive!
Good point. Guess my information about emails today was wrong. Hopefully we hear tomorrow. Thursday sounds too late.

Reactions: 1 users
I honestly think they said Thursday because they don't want you to call and bug them tomorrow and Wednesday. It's definitely going to come before.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Long time lurker here. Finally created an SDN account today. Good luck to all you guys! I hope we all get to hear good news from this school soon. I interviewed on the first possible date in October and this wait is just getting too long!

Reactions: 6 users
So are we thinking it will be Thursday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably thursday since HSC is closed on Friday, just let the decisions fly and let all questions via phone call about decisions fall on deaf ears.

Reactions: 4 users
Alright guys and girls... last years emails were sent on the 21st... I'm thinking that today is the day

Reactions: 2 users
Alright guys and girls... last years emails were sent on the 21st... I'm thinking that today is the day

Let's see how much we can speculate between today and tomorrow , I'm thinking we can set a new record .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using SDN mobile

I like it! I really thought it would be Monday, based on prior 4 years emails going out the Monday after finals week.

Let's see how much we can speculate between today and tomorrow , I'm thinking we can set a new record .

Hahaha agreed, sorry I forgot to write my disclaimer: my last post was a complete and utter "shot in the dark" do not rely on or make decisions based on it, always consult your healthcare physician.

Hahaha agreed, sorry I forgot to write my disclaimer: my last post was a complete and utter "shot in the dark" do not rely on or make decisions based on it, always consult your healthcare physician.

You needed a smaller font, and an audio clip of someone reading it abnormally fast and with a low voice.

disclaimer: this post is my own speculation and was based on previous speculation and contains only my opinion, which may or may not be the opinion of other users. Always consult multiple sources where other users make ostensible claims about admissions decisions or suppositions about what admissions departments may or may not do before forming your own opinion.

Reactions: 5 users
I hope they finally email us today or tomorrow. It would suck if they were behind for some reason and made us wait until next week.

Looks like we have to wait another day....

This is such a long wait haha. I hope they finally email us tomorrow.

There is an error showing up for the first time when trying to pull up the secondary page. Is it just me or are others experiencing this? Wonder what that means..

Well at least it's guaranteed tomorrow :hungover:. From being deferred -> waitlisted -> rejected last year, after being deferred the wait sort of disappears haha. It's the wait up until this one that's the worst. But yes, it's rare but you can be rejected right off the bat. A poster last year got rejected in December.

But you still have to wait weeks to see if you get rejected then, right? Don't they only accept or defer this month?
Like ChiSteak said, I think you can be rejected outright. Either way it sucks. I think a lot of us have had trouble making it through this week. I can't imagine waiting another month.

Is any of you guys thinking about going to the Tulsa campus? (If accepted of course)

Like ChiSteak said, I think you can be rejected outright. Either way it sucks. I think a lot of us have had trouble making it through this week. I can't imagine waiting another month.

Try two months =P. They won't get back to the second batch until around Valentine's Day.

But all in all it's not the worst thing. Even in the worst case scenario, you get to find more opportunities to explore and have fun... I've been volunteering at a clinic since my rejection and was just made their pharm tech. Been making money at a fun job still instead of spending it. Been relaxing in between work and volunteering... watched game of thrones twice haha. Did a mission trip to Bolivia and that was wild. So yeah being deferred and god forbid rejected is a sting to the ego a bit but in the grand scheme of things a little delay means nothing. On the other hand I'd really like to be accepted and get this burden off my shoulders hahah

I thought they give the final update mid to late Feb....this wait and this week has been awful lol. I hope some good karma comes out of it for all of us. :)

Try two months =P. They won't get back to the second batch until around Valentine's Day.

But all in all it's not the worst thing. Even in the worst case scenario, you get to find more opportunities to explore and have fun... I've been volunteering at a clinic since my rejection and was just made their pharm tech. Been making money at a fun job still instead of spending it. Been relaxing in between work and volunteering... watched game of thrones twice haha. Did a mission trip to Bolivia and that was wild. So yeah being deferred and god forbid rejected is a sting to the ego a bit but in the grand scheme of things a little delay means nothing. On the other hand I'd really like to be accepted and get this burden off my shoulders hahah
You'll definitely get in! You seem to have a great mentality. I wish I was as patient haha :)

You'll definitely get in! You seem to have a great mentality. I wish I was as patient haha :)
I appreciate it! I know I'll make it eventually, just a time thing. I told my interviewers that if OU Med still didn't like me this year they'd have to sit through my boring stories for a third year. hahah. (That was the *only* time they smiled and laughed, too.)

On a final pre-announcement day note for everyone, being deferred means you're still good, being waitlisted still means you're a great candidate to OU, if only they had more seats to give. Just some perspective as I know a lot of us might go through that. About 350ish people out of 1-2,000 ever get interviews in a given year. Being waitlisted means you were considered top 165 people (usually it's ~50 waitlisted) out of a couple thousand. Even for an Oklahoman, OU Med is competitive as hell to get into. I know that's helped me through last year. So for those of us unlucky enough to be deferred but lucky to be on the waitlist down the line, being waitlisted doesn't mean "no, you won't make a good doctor" it just means "not yet." Remember that down the line!

Reactions: 6 users
Well...good luck to everyone! I hope I will soon have the pleasure of calling you all my future classmates.

Reactions: 9 users
While this time is about the most stressful time in our lives, this is also the most incredible feeling. All the hours, volunteering, studying, and dreaming of just the chance to become a doctor will come to fruition for quite a few people by the end of the day. Keep thinking of all the positives! Look at the big picture and know that a select few have been interviewed. We've made it past the hardest part!

The hardest part is the acceptance letter, not the interview.

To each their own. I am not a first time applicant. I have never received an interview from any program from last year. That was my largest hurdle. Just taking baby steps. Life is not a given.

Reactions: 4 users
The hardest part is the acceptance letter, not the interview.

To each their own. I am not a first time applicant. I have never received an interview from any program from last year. That was my largest hurdle. Just taking baby steps. Life is not a given.

Having experienced both hurdles, Aye aye.

So at what time today do we get to start freaking out?

There is an error showing up for the first time when trying to pull up the secondary page. Is it just me or are others experiencing this? Wonder what that means..
I have this happening to me too. Is this something else other people are experiencing?

What're the odds that they don't send emails today?