2016-2017 University of Oklahoma Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There is an error showing up for the first time when trying to pull up the secondary page. Is it just me or are others experiencing this? Wonder what that means..
Same

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Facebook page is already made you have to be invited to it

On a scale from Snowden to Banksy our emails are sure hiding well

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Adcoms right now

Attachments

• so then i said.jpg
    so then i said.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If only friends and family would stop texting me about my admission status this wait would be much easier

Reactions: 4 users
Just got my deferral. Congrats to the acceptees today! To the rest of us, we'll hang around until Valentines day =P

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have any ideas on how many people get accepted in December vs how many in February?

ACCEPTED OOS at 2:09PM!

Reactions: 1 users
Ok thanks! I had a feeling that they filled up most of the class in December but I guess I'm wrong. This is really unfortunate because I have really good stats and I really thought my in state school would accept me...
I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain that's what it is. And I know me too! And I'm a reapplicant so it might be a little desperate come February =P. But a lot of deferrals get accepted in Feb too. Still don't have an interview with OSU but I have one with Kansas City right around the time OU will accept their second batch so hopefully I'll have a few solid options by then haha

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain that's what it is. And I know me too! And I'm a reapplicant so it might be a little desperate come February =P. But a lot of deferrals get accepted in Feb too. Still don't have an interview with OSU but I have one with Kansas City right around the time OU will accept their second batch so hopefully I'll have a few solid options by then haha

Last edited:
Sorry to you and Leedle! Hopefully y'all have better luck at other schools. Humble were you a reapplicant?
Yeah. Wish someone would shout in my face, "SO WE WANT YOU TO BE HERE--BUT YOU'RE CURRENTLY DOWN HERE" in an interview so I'd have a fighting chance of addressing a concern. Don't know why they even pretend to give me an interview. Doesn't seem to matter what I do--I've been a 4.0 full-time student since going back 2 years ago taking biology classes from notoriously hard professors, been published as a chapter author in a few random medical education review books, shadowed / volunteered the heck out of ERs in the area / become a lead health coach in a multi-team environment and have tutored in HS/college physics/chemistry/biochemistry 5 days a week for the last 4months.--Kinda just want to know which jokes I shouldn't have told

I guess it's just a barred door for me at this school.

ACCEPTED @251!!!
In state

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah. Wish someone would shout in my face, "SO WE WANT YOU TO BE HERE--BUT YOU'RE CURRENTLY DOWN HERE" in an interview so I'd have a fighting chance of addressing a concern. Don't know why they even pretend to give me an interview. Doesn't seem to matter what I do--I've been a 4.0 full-time student since going back 2 years ago taking biology classes from notoriously hard professors, been published as a chapter author in a few random medical education review books, shadowed / volunteered the heck out of ERs in the area / become a lead health coach in a multi-team environment and have tutored in HS/college physics/chemistry/biochemistry 5 days a week for the last 4months.--Kinda just want to know which jokes I shouldn't have told

I guess it's just a barred door for me at this school.
You have the chance to attend the Reapplicant Workshop in March if you are rejected or waitlisted. They really do a good job of talking about areas of improvement.

Accepted @ 1:53! IS. Anyone from Nov 7th, 11:00 am interview group??

Accepted to OKC and SCM!!!! So excited to meet everyone. Now, who is doing the facebook invites?

Did anyone that interviewed in October not get an email?

Did anyone that interviewed in October not get an email?

Did you check your application/secondary portal? I didn't get an email in my personal account, but I got my acceptance through that. It threw me into a panic before I realized it

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Accepted earlier at 3:02! Best wishes to everyone, dont fret! Look forward to meeting you guys soon. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone interview in Dec? If so, what day?

Last edited:
Is anyone else choosing between OKC and SCM? I am feeling very torn between the two campuses right now. I originally applied to OU because of the SCM track but I really enjoyed my time in OKC. Thoughts?

Congrats to everybody accepted today! To those of you deferred or rejected, hang in there! I know how bad it feels right now, but this is by no means the end of things. Rejected my first year, accepted in the summer of my 2nd cycle after languishing on the wait list, and now near the top of my class in 3rd year. I remember being so crushed and felt like my life was ruined when I first got rejected, and now those dark days seem like a lifetime ago. Keep working hard and don't give up; you can do it!

Reactions: 3 users